benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

Filtered by skin type : Dry
benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

3.3

Dioctyl Adipate, Octyl Stearate, Talc, Beeswax, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Petrolatum, Corn (zea mays) Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Ctiric Acid, BHA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. Source: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1273&categoryId=B70

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I feel a bit traitorous giving this product three lipsticks when it's almost always in my make up bag - but let me explain! As a spot concealer - that annoying little vein on my right cheek, my unwanted beauty mark, unwelcome red spots, or acne flare ups - this is great! There is some effort involved in making this concealer not look cakey, as it is thick. I usually warm it up with my middle and ring finger and dab it on the spots I want to cover. If I use a beauty blender, it cakes up and smears - why it does that mystifies me.

If you aren't careful, the concealer can get a bit cakey and settle into fine lines. I use it for my under eye circles as well, but it doesn't seem to do much more than brighten up my eyes. It doesn't seem to conceal my bags very well, but then again I haven't found a holy grail concealer yet that can hide my monstrous, frightening eye circles.

The packaging is compact, cute, & good for travel. I received this product in a deluxe sample size from Sephora as a Weekly Special perk with an online order. If I remember right, it's one ounce. I haven't hit pan yet, and I've been using it semi regularly for over a year now. (I know, I know... guilt, shame, bad!)

Overall verdict is three lipsticks because the product can be cakey if not applied with care. It doesn't conceal my undereye circles very well, but it does brighten them! For the price point, I don't think I would repurchase because I primarily use it as a spot concealer, as opposed to an undereye concealer. The lasting power of this product is only a few hours at best, but then again it could be because I'm using a product past it's expiration date.

on 3/31/2017 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I am on my second Boi-ing and I love it! Simply put, it is the best concealer to pop in your purse to cover up zits and redness.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This is a great concealer. I have the worst dark circles, and this product makes them go away. It is very important to warm up the product with the finger before applying. I usually apply with my ring finger, as it looks more natural. The packaging looks somewhat cheap, but it doesnt really Bother me. Great for travel, since its so small. It is prone to creasing, but nothing a little powder cant FIX

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately, I thought that this would be a great concealer because I love Benefit, but the major problem is that it cakes and creases TERRIBLY. It makes me look 10 years older than I am, and that is not good!

on 11/12/2015 12:27:00 AM

I like this concealer for its coverage and easy application (with your fingers). I disliked it because of how few shades there are, the lightest being too light for me, 02 which I had was too dark, since you dip in with your finger, it seemed like an easy playground for bacteria, and if you don't use a tool, it's hard to get the last bits of product in the container, all while being pricey.

on 3/30/2015 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

honestly, this is a pretty average concealer. i use it to carve out my eyebrows after filling them in to neaten them up and kind of as a brow highlight, and i have to say, it blends out kind of weird sometimes. it gets a little patchy looking and i'm not sure if it's my skin or the product.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a fantastic concealer totally my holy grail.

It is a cream concealer and it is light-weight but extremely good coverage and you don't need very much. I mean it is like slabbing drywall on a huge mark on your wall, that's how great this coverage is.

I do not find boi-ing to be to dry for under my eyes. I use this crap all over my face I blend it in with the warmth of my finger, and I'm good to go all day and I don't even check it to see if it's still there throughout the day because I KNOW that it is. Most of the time I don't even set this concealer with a powder.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have had this product for quite a while now and whilst it is a fairly decent concealer, its not one of my must-haves; if I lost it I wouldn't replace it basically but not because its awful. I bought this because it claimed to be 'industrial strength' and it does not disappoint. It is excellent for covering small imperfections (I have a lot of acne scars on my chin) but I found that when I tried to use it to conceal dark circles under my eyes it was, firstly, hard to apply without feeling like I was applying to much pressure to such a delicate area, and I also found it a little cakey. I usually prefer more liquid concealers but this is a thick creamy texture. However, I do think the thicker consistency is what gives it its staying power. I have fairly dry skin so I probably would not recommend this as an under-eye concealer for anyone with dry skin. That said, it covered scars and small blemishes perfectly and it lasted pretty much all day. The reason I would not purchase this again is because I was only using it to cover small blemishes I felt there were better concealers (for me personally) that would do more for less money. If you want more of a spot-treatment concealer rather than large areas and you want to spend a little more then this would be a great product for you.

on 7/13/2014 2:27:00 PM

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I hated this so much!

It has a very thick consistency but isn't high coverage at all. It just looks like a caked mass!

I ended up giving it to my mom, and she hated it too.

on 6/14/2014 7:14:00 PM

Urgh, not a big fan of this stuff. It is very thick and heavy feeling, not to mention it looks very caking and will totally make fine lines as dark patches way more noticeable. I always find that benefit concealers never fit, and this one is no exception. The reason I gave it a 2 is because I sometimes use it to contour my cheek bones and I don't mind it for that, but it's nothing special. Wouldn't recommend