benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

Filtered by skin type : Very Dry
benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

3.4

Dioctyl Adipate, Octyl Stearate, Talc, Beeswax, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Petrolatum, Corn (zea mays) Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Ctiric Acid, BHA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. Source: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1273&categoryId=B70

on 12/23/2015 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I originally bought this in Light, for my NC15 skin, and I find it too orangey. Good luck if your skin isn't one of exactly four shades.

I wanted it for my under eye circles, which really need an 'industrial strength concealer' like this one- it has amazing coverage! The only problem is that it's awfully thick, making it quite hard to blend, and it creases easily. I officially declare it useless for under eye circles.

I moved on to using it for particularly bad blemishes- it does the job of covering very well, but there is a problem... It's in a tub/tin like packaging. I really don't want to be dipping in all the bacteria from my spots/the brush that touches them into this, ew! This means that I have to wash my hands, pitifully attempt to scrape some out and put it on the back of my hand, then use it.

I have, however discovered an AMAZING use for it! I purchased it in shade 3, and now use it to contour! I can't recommend this technique enough- I put it on before my foundation with a flat foundation brush, then stipple/blend my foundation over it; you get the most amazing result! It's precise, can be as subtle/bold as you want, and adds great dimension to the face without being too obvious! It's easily the best makeup discovery I've made in recent times.

I'm rambling now.

Summary:
Bad for under eye circles
Good for blemishes, despite awkward packaging
Amazing for contouring!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Best concealer I've tried so far! It covers everything: my blue under eye circles, the blue near my temples, my red nose, any unwanted redness in my cheeks, you name it. It also blends like it's made for your skin (I can't explain it but it's amazing how). Also, there is a good amount of product in the pod (I paid $20 and have been using the stuff for 6 months, use it daily, and I still have about half left!) I think my search for concealer stops here!

on 6/29/2013 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Cool

If you're looking for a good concealer for covering acne scars, Boing is your best bet. It gives good coverage when used alone and very full coverage when used over foundation. You do have to be careful not to apply too much or it will start looking a bit cakey. However, I would NOT recommend it for under eyes, it is just too thick to apply to that area and cakes up quickly.

on 3/6/2012 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I am a little iffy with this product. It covers pretty well. I have severe dark circles due to a sleeping disorder and severe allergies. This stuff helps covert them decently. I know. It's supposed to be an industrial strength concealer and all, but it looks cakey if I don't blend really well. That is what really annoys me. The fact is gets so cakey, so easily. I'd say it is it's worst flaw. I also have wrinkles under my eyes because while the rest of my face is oily, my eyes are super dry. I didn't stop and think an eye cream might help until last week! Anyways, the problem is that it settles into those lines and makes me look old! Not cool. But all in all, it a decent concealer.

on 2/7/2010 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Grr. I hate it and I don't know why I stuck with this for so long. As the reviewer said below I was neither shade 01 or 02 so ended up purchasing (and being stuck with) both shades. I'm 23 and am quite dry under my eyes but not as bad as this made me out to be!! It made my undereye look crepey and sunk into all my lines making me look a million years old. Horrible, do not buy this.

on 8/25/2009 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is one of the worst concealers that I've tried...and let me tell you, I've tried MANY. The formulation is extremely dry even though it is a cream concealer. It settled into every crease and fine line in my undereye area making me look 10 years older! It also doesn't cancel out dark circles or red blemishes very well. The lasting power is only so-so as I had raccoon eyes after 6 hours of wear since it made my waterproof mascara smudge.

on 5/28/2008 8:15:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I like this for covering up redness and blemishes. It is almost as thick and almost covers as well as dermablend concealor. I can only use it in the summer when I have a bit of color because the lightest shade isn't light enough for my pale winter skin.

on 3/21/2008 5:49:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationship with this.... it does cover well ... but you have to use moisturizer under it... it's very drying.... it is very opaque .... very limited shade selection.... I have the lightest one... I can use this in warmer months but not in winter ... tooo dry ..... I put on my moisturizer heavily and then swirl my concealer brush into this alot to try and warm it up a bit before applying.... overall it sure isn't the worst concealer I have ever tried... and it nears the best....... For someone with oily skin ... you will looooove this ....

on 12/6/2007 6:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very dark circles and this did have good coverage and staying power BUT this clung to all the dry bits of my skin and made the skin around my eyes look so wrinkley ughhhhh I am only in my early 20s and used to use this in my teens but this really did make me look old NOT NICE so for any one with dry skin stay well away !!

on 7/19/2007 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

this is a good lasting concealer. i use it right under my eyes or to hide redness on my face. its a nice and creamy texture so its good for people with drier skin and i definitely fall into this category. i don't think that it would be unsuitable for oily or normal skin either too. i use shade two and i have an asian complexion and it blends in perfectly well.