benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

benefit Cosmetics Boi-ing

3.5

Dioctyl Adipate, Octyl Stearate, Talc, Beeswax, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Petrolatum, Corn (zea mays) Oil, Octyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol, Butylparaben, Ctiric Acid, BHA. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides. Source: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P1273&categoryId=B70

on 9/29/2018 1:20:00 PM

Does not last, wears off within 2-3 hrs

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

Very smooth and soft, but still clumped at my eye area and didn't give an even finish. Worked alright on acne scars on my chin. Not for me.

This is my holy grail concealer. Although it's fairly expensive for what it is, I find that one concealer can last me around a year, and I use it most days. You can literally cover anything with this concealer! I have rosacea on my cheeks and I tend to blush easily, but when I use this concealer no one can tell. It lasts throughout the day if set with powder, although I don't use a huge amount of it around my under-eyes so I can't really comment on how easily it creases.
I was even using this when I suffered from hormonal acne a few years back (despite its thickness) and it seemed to cover that very well.
Overall I definitely think this concealer is worth the high price as a little goes a long way and it lasts throughout the day (I normally apply my makeup at around 7am and don't take it off until 6pm or later).

on 5/26/2018 10:34:00 PM

Looks so cute, like most Benefit products. This is densely pigmented and offers good coverage, and matched my skin well enough. However it is quite heavy and oily and on my skin - even with a primer- it settles into natural crease lines under my eyes and nasiolabial folds after smiling. No matter how many times I'll touch up during the day, it has settled into lines next time I'll see myself in a mirror. I also found it broke me out, too.
In its defence, it lasts a decent amount of time because it is very opaque so it isn't quite as costly as it first appears. But sadly this just did not agree with me and my oily skin.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Long lasting with minimal caking, but there is some caking. I like how it's good for under eyes and blemishes. Kinda all in one type of concealer.

on 4/21/2018 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

It’s creamy, yet smooth. Easy to blend and build up. I have pigmentation and I like to dab a little of this product on those areas and they disappear. Great for when I need some spot coverage for a grocery run or the pool. I also have oily skin but it’s not a problem with a little translucent powder on top. Only downside I cannot use this under my eyes. I use liquid concealer for that. This is too thick and creamy to blend under that sensitive area under the eye. So basically, I just use this for the face. Good product, though.

on 3/5/2018 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Benefit is so polarizing, people either love them or hate them. Part of that is because of their niche products that either you must have or don't need at all. So I'm sure I won't add much that hasn't been said, buut...

This stuff... I got a sample, never quite wanting to make the purchase because I heard both good and bad things and it is a HE expensive item. There's pros and cons in my opinion, but it's not 'bad' to me. It is waxy and slippery and not good for blemishes so if you're into heavy coverage or have oily skin, you'll probably want to pass on this. However, those with drier skin or those who don't want to look too heavily made up might like this. I can see why people would like a light creamy concealer instead of a thick one and for that, this delivers. It does feel light but covers circles without too much creasing.

For me personally, I do - or did - prefer heavier concealer because I was battling acne, have dark circles and was younger. Now that I'm older I actually shy away from fuller coverage because it doesn't look well on aging skin. Even fine lines show more with heavier makeup, especially under the eye. I've taken to just using less, but I still want one that *can* cover if I have blemishes and issues. Now this isn't crease free, and I doubt anything is. I didn't find it to slide off which you might expect given the formula. But it performs ok. I would give this a 3.5. To me, Benefit is often 'middle ground'. Their products are often light and subtle and go for a 'natural look' so that has to be taken into consideration. But they're also not strikingly memorable to me. This line also has a pitiful shade range, but even being not a perfect match it does blend in surprisingly well. They still could do with expanding, but I notice this doesn't have to be exact to blend away dark circles. Still though, the lack of any deeper shades is kinda effed. I use this in my gym/travel bag and I'm sure I'll use it up, but I wouldn't buy it.

on 11/25/2017 6:06:00 PM

Great coverage, doesn’t look cakey. Not sure if it’s greaf for undereyes but definitely good for covering blemishes and redness.

on 10/23/2017 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I absolutely do not like this product. Settles into fine lines I didn't even know I had! Very heavy and greasy so I get oiler than usual throughout the day. Would only recommend if you have very dry skin and would use this only to cover blemishes

on 8/8/2017 7:09:00 AM

I LOVE this concealer!! I use the lightest shade and it's perfect for my fair skin. I use it to cover blemishes and redness, it blends really well and stays on all day when set with powder. I don't recommend it for under the eye because it's not the right consistency for that, it's quite tacky.
The packaging isn't the most hygienic but there's not really any getting around that. I use a small brush to apply it on the areas of concern so if you wash your brush often, hygiene won't be too much of an issue.
This lasts me over a year so whilst it's a little expensive for a concealer, it lasts so long that it's not an issue.