3.5

Reviews

1.0
from

2 months ago

This is NOT Erase Paste repackaged. They made a huge mistake when they tossed the original Erase Paste for this stuff. And now this stuff is discontinued. I just finished my last EP an went to my "it's the same" back up of this. IT IS NOT! It has less coverage and sticks to my brush way more than EP ever did. It feels more "hydrating" ish but it does not do crap. Benefit Cosmetics. BRING BACK ERASE PASTE HOW IT WAS PLEASE. IT WAS THE ONLY CONCEALER THAT WORKED ON MY DARK UNDER EYE CIRCLES. And after years of having a HG under eye concealer, I have to start over again. And this Boing Brightening is worthless. I will be tossing it.

About reviewer (1201 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

6 months ago

This is a really good concealer for cleaning up after applying eyebrow product as its thicker than regular concealers. I have the shade No.4 (nc35-44). 16g product in the pot. Lasts a while.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

HairBlack

a year ago

I have the newer packing I guess.. I'm actually a fan of a lot of Benefit products that aren't foundation/concealers, I still decided to try this, and IMO it's pretty crappy. It looks like it's going to be super creamy, but it skips on application, and is very NOT creamy. I waited too long to return it, and ended up giving it to my niece, who even though she has younger skin than I, she still thought it was dry, and seemed to skip on application due to the overall texture. Do not recommend.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2.0

Does not last, wears off within 2-3 hrs

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

a year ago

Very smooth and soft, but still clumped at my eye area and didn't give an even finish. Worked alright on acne scars on my chin. Not for me.

About reviewer (68 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Other

EyesGreen

2 years ago

This is my holy grail concealer. Although it's fairly expensive for what it is, I find that one concealer can last me around a year, and I use it most days. You can literally cover anything with this concealer! I have rosacea on my cheeks and I tend to blush easily, but when I use this concealer no one can tell. It lasts throughout the day if set with powder, although I don't use a huge amount of it around my under-eyes so I can't really comment on how easily it creases. I was even using this when I suffered from hormonal acne a few years back (despite its thickness) and it seemed to cover that very well. Overall I definitely think this concealer is worth the high price as a little goes a long way and it lasts throughout the day (I normally apply my makeup at around 7am and don't take it off until 6pm or later).

About reviewer (7 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesGreen

2.0

2 years ago

Looks so cute, like most Benefit products. This is densely pigmented and offers good coverage, and matched my skin well enough. However it is quite heavy and oily and on my skin - even with a primer- it settles into natural crease lines under my eyes and nasiolabial folds after smiling. No matter how many times I'll touch up during the day, it has settled into lines next time I'll see myself in a mirror. I also found it broke me out, too. In its defence, it lasts a decent amount of time because it is very opaque so it isn't quite as costly as it first appears. But sadly this just did not agree with me and my oily skin.

About reviewer (195 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Long lasting with minimal caking, but there is some caking. I like how it's good for under eyes and blemishes. Kinda all in one type of concealer.

About reviewer (513 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

2 years ago

It’s creamy, yet smooth. Easy to blend and build up. I have pigmentation and I like to dab a little of this product on those areas and they disappear. Great for when I need some spot coverage for a grocery run or the pool. I also have oily skin but it’s not a problem with a little translucent powder on top. Only downside I cannot use this under my eyes. I use liquid concealer for that. This is too thick and creamy to blend under that sensitive area under the eye. So basically, I just use this for the face. Good product, though.

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Relaxed, Fine

2 years ago

Benefit is so polarizing, people either love them or hate them. Part of that is because of their niche products that either you must have or don't need at all. So I'm sure I won't add much that hasn't been said, buut... This stuff... I got a sample, never quite wanting to make the purchase because I heard both good and bad things and it is a HE expensive item. There's pros and cons in my opinion, but it's not 'bad' to me. It is waxy and slippery and not good for blemishes so if you're into heavy coverage or have oily skin, you'll probably want to pass on this. However, those with drier skin or those who don't want to look too heavily made up might like this. I can see why people would like a light creamy concealer instead of a thick one and for that, this delivers. It does feel light but covers circles without too much creasing. For me personally, I do - or did - prefer heavier concealer because I was battling acne, have dark circles and was younger. Now that I'm older I actually shy away from fuller coverage because it doesn't look well on aging skin. Even fine lines show more with heavier makeup, especially under the eye. I've taken to just using less, but I still want one that *can* cover if I have blemishes and issues. Now this isn't crease free, and I doubt anything is. I didn't find it to slide off which you might expect given the formula. But it performs ok. I would give this a 3.5. To me, Benefit is often 'middle ground'. Their products are often light and subtle and go for a 'natural look' so that has to be taken into consideration. But they're also not strikingly memorable to me. This line also has a pitiful shade range, but even being not a perfect match it does blend in surprisingly well. They still could do with expanding, but I notice this doesn't have to be exact to blend away dark circles. Still though, the lack of any deeper shades is kinda effed. I use this in my gym/travel bag and I'm sure I'll use it up, but I wouldn't buy it.

About reviewer (703 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm