L'Oreal Hair Expertise Oleo Therapy Deep Recovery Mask

L'Oreal Hair Expertise Oleo Therapy Deep Recovery Mask

Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Quaternium 87, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Coconut Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Citric Acid, Isoeugenol, Caramel, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Linum Usitatissimum Flower Extract, Red 33 (CI 17200)

on 3/9/2016 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Excellent as a conditioner if you only condition a few times per week.

I bought this because I heard that it was comparable to the (very expensive) Kerastase Oleo masque. I have never tried the Kerastase mask, so I cannot confirm that is true, yet this mask works very well for my coarse hair if I use it along with my regular conditioner (or alone as a conditioner). I wash my hair 2-3x per week, and using it as a conditioner has given me much better results than using the mask once every two weeks/once per week.

I love how this mask is sulfate-free, and smells nice. I would definitely recommend due to the amount you get for a decent price/good quality formula.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I avoided this conditioning mask for quite some time because the ingredient list is god AWFUL.

There's isopropyl alcohol, propylene glycol, and fragrance pretty high up in the ingredient list. All 3 of those are very drying. The other ingredients starting off the list are really nothing special, either. I see a bunch of fragrance additives and preservatives.

Keep in mind that ingredient lists on beauty products go in the order of what the product contains the most of - to the least of. I was pretty irked to see that the few beneficial ingredients this DOES have, are towards the end. :( Argan oil, coconut oil, and 5 extracts from flowers are in this.

Here is why L'oreal Oleo Therapy Deep Recovery Mask is earning 3 lippies instead of 1... the performance was awesome. I LOVE the consistency of this product. It is very thick, like butter. Despite the ingredient list being unimpressive, my hair still felt very soft after using this. The Oleo Therapy Deep Recovery Mask is definitely one of the best masks I've found by L'oreal. However I'm just not sure how much I can trust it long term. We will see.

Here is an ingredient list for any nerds interested: Water, Cetearyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Quaternium 87, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Esters, Fragrance, Propylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isopropyl Alcohol, Caprylyl Glycol, Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxycitronellal, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Citric Acid, Isoeugenol, Caramel, Yellow 5 (CI 19140), Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract, Rosa Canina Flower Extract, Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract, Linum Usitatissimum Flower Extract, Red 33 (CI 17200)

To Read all 27 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A coworker recommended this mask so I bought it at the start of the summer and had been using it a couple times a week. It smells divine and has a great thick texture. It seemed to make my hair smooth and soft in the shower, but when I went to comb my hair it was somewhat tangled and not all that easy to comb thru. It also didn't make much difference in the look of my hair once it was dry, you certainly couldn't tell I used a mask.

I stuck with it for awhile but then decided to try an Alterna conditioner that seemed to work much better. And then I bought Pureology which is even better. My hair combs out like butter now and actually looks healthier. I think the L'Oreal products are loaded with silicones that may give some immediate improvement but don't truly moisturize and condition hair.

on 8/26/2015 7:25:00 AM

I use this twice a week as my hair is thin, limp and damaged at the ends from too much highlighting and not enough proper care.

I love that this is vegan (even though I am not) and love the fragrance, but I think I am mildly allergic to something in this. Every time I have used it I end up with a rash on my back where my hair lays.

Despite the allergy, this makes my fine, color-treated hair silky and shiny, although it does weigh my hair down after using it. This works wonders after dyeing my hair as sometimes it can feel coarse and straw-like after color treatments.

I will not repurchase due to the allergy, but I do recommend if your hair is badly damaged and you need intensive repair.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm reviewing this line as a whole and I really expected a lot more from a oil based deep conditioner.
I have extensions and damaged hair, so the sulfate free and repairing aspects of this line attracted me to it. I washed my hair this morning and my head feels like a Brillo pad. Dry and snarly. I rarely take back drugstore products, but since I purchased the shampoo and deep conditioner together I'd rather get my money back.

on 7/6/2015 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Meh. This is an average hair mask. The smell is overpowering! Makes hair feel luxuriously soft while I'm in the shower, but the effects don't last longer than a few minutes. This is more like a regular conditioner than a mask. Would not repurchase.

on 5/1/2015 2:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

This is by far the best drugstore hair mask I have come across and this is coming from a person who only buys high end hair masks. Why did I change up? Changing from US to Switzerland, not all of my brands I like are here and certainly not at US prices(Very expensive here). My Matrix Biolage hair mask that my mother gifted me ran out and I was in a pinch at the grocery store, I saw the advertising for this new L'oreal mask so why not, and I bought it.

I have been using it for a month now and the results: Better than Matrix Biolage. My hair is normally feels coarse and this changed it dramatically and made it SUPER SOFT. The texture is very thick and creamy and not runny like most hair "masks" from drugstores; It didnt take much to cover my very long and thick hair. I also blow dry my hair, I use curling irons very often, it's color treated.....my hair takes a lot of damage on a daily biases thus explains my pricey masks but this made my hair like new again, seriously this is like magic. My ends are in much better condition afterwards. I use it in place of a regular conditioner and I leave it on for a minimum of 5 minutes(the longer the better) and place it mid-shaft to the ends and then pin it up in a clip that I keep in the shower. It also smells really good, like as if it was expensive; it's like woody-herbal-sweet, I wouldn't mind having it as a body spray! Even my boyfriend likes it which I find both strange and amusing. For 9.95CHF, it's a steal!

If you are in Germany, Switzerland, or Austria, the packaging looks a little different and it's listed as "ELVITAL; Öl Magique; Nährende Balsam-Maske" oder "ELSEVE ÖL/HUILE Extraordinaire;Nährende Balsam-Maske"

Great blind buy and amazing stuff! I will be buying again and stocking up.

I have fine, but thick hair and don't apply too many products or heat to it on a day-to-day basis. However, once in a while I like to apply a hair mask just to give my hair that extra shine and softness. I haven't used a hair mask in a long time and did some research to find a good (and affordable) product.

I bought this one at CVS for a little over $9 and used it in the shower after my shampoo. Not only does this product smell amazing, but the next morning when I woke up, my hair felt super soft and looked so healthy! If you're sensitive to smells I wouldn't recommend this one as the smell lasts well into the next day, but I love the styled-at-the-salon smell it leaves on my hair!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I found out about the product through here when I was looking for hair masks. Since I have blonde wavy hair, I only paid attention to those reviews. A few were bad so I almost didn't get it but I am so glad that I did!

My hair gets pretty dry and tends to frizz outwards. Without Moisturizing products it is a mess. I followed the instructions step by step leaving it in for 5 minutes to DAMP hair. (It's important to squeeze the water out of your hair after you shampoo.)

I shampoo twice because 1.) I wash my hair every 3 days 2.) I really scrub my scalp for 1st wash then rinse, then wash again to get anything left over out of strands.

This is day 3 for me after having used it and my hair is not oily AT ALL, it still smells clean. I have used oil in my hair and gel since then. It's definitely not a dense product and does do the trick. It smells great!

Also, I have pretty bad split ends and no it does not mend those. I need a trim anyways. If you are looking to stop split ends then go trim your hair or find a different product. But for your roots and healthy strands it will be magical :)

on 1/11/2015 12:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Excellent deep conditioner, it leaves my over shoulder length hair soft and manageable, without weighing it down. My hair is almost virgin except a few highlights that I am growing out, it is always been wavy. However, in recent years my hair has gotten more unruly and frizzy than it was when I was younger. This product really works well for me, I also use the other products in this line, namely the shampoo, the hot oil and the leave in oil. I usually leave the mask on for about 15 min, longer when I have the time, then rinse and follow with the leave in oil on my ends. Soft, pleasant smell which does not linger, so it won't clash with any perfumes I am wearing. Have already repurchased twice and I will continue to use this as long as it's available.

Popular Hair Treatments