Canmake Stay-On Balm Rouge

Canmake Stay-On Balm Rouge

on 3/30/2017 1:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Stay on balm rouge is basically a sheer high shine lipstick (much like a tinted lipbalm). Despite its glossy finish, it is a bit drying on my lips and of course the color payoff is poor. Its an ok product if thats what ure looking for but its not for me. Not repurchasing.

on 5/19/2016 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

HG tinted lip balm! <3 Here's a small list of available colours with the description according to Canmake:

#02 Smily Gerbera // A bright, stylish orange.
#03 Sweetpea // A pure red that highlights your complexion.
#05 Flowing Cherry Petal // A pink that offers a short-cut to girlishness.
#06 Sweet Clematis // Pink Beige which we can use without choosing a sence.
#08 Juicy Peony // An eye-catching vivid pink.
#09 Masquerade Bud // A dark red that blends in softly.
#10 Flowery Princess // A bright, glamorous coral red.
#11 Raspberry Rose // A luscious, sophisticated reddish-pink.
#12 Little Plum Candy // A cute, bright red.

I'm using #08 Juicy Peony on a daily base and I love it. I usually just line my lips and follow up with this balm, it gives me such a nice polished look,the colour is like an upgrade of my own lip colour. What I love about this is that it's not too glossy, just hydrating with a nice tint and a subtile glow, which makes your lips look juicier. I'll definitely get all of them, since Canmake lip balms are like Pokémon - gotta catch 'em all.

on 4/18/2016 7:43:00 AM

Maybe it's the shade I picked but I found this just to be soso (shade 2 is a orange tint which looked like my many other orange tints).

The balm is very glossy on application and makes me feel like a glossy mess when the weather is hot (fyi, i'm not big on the glossy lips look).

The shape, size and placement of the turning mechanism is also poorly considered imo as I find it to be too long and the twisting part to be too far down for when your in a rush to put the product on.

on 1/31/2016 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Nice, slightly waxy feel, but the carnation-pink shade is just a tad too opaque for my taste.

on 6/17/2015 7:03:00 PM

Firstly, I have very dry lips and put lip balm on about every half an hour. My skin is light medium between NC25-NC30.

Best lipbalm/stain EVER. I wore this in 06 for my graduation ceremony as a my lips but better shade (MLBB). Was super moisturising and also stained my lips a pretty nude pink - no need for lip balm and a drying lip stain combo (better than the innisfree lip rouge, aritaum honey melting tints) and also around the same price range (if you buy it in Japan).

I want to buy all the shades!

on 11/21/2014 7:26:00 PM

I am a huge fan of Canmake for a really long time now, and I just realized I never wrote a review for this. I own all of the colors currently, including at least one that was limited edition (I think number 07?). Recently I picked up 8 and 9. I have already used up one stick of #6 and on my backup stick, and another backup of #3 floating around somewhere.

I LOVE THESE.

I picked a couple of these up not too long after they were first released, and honestly I have never been more impressed with lipstick/balms/whatever in the past. I personally dislike glosses because they tend to migrate and my hair often stick to it (especially when it's winter and windy which appears to be the only time i get to go to Japan for work LOL) and just overall a pita. My preferred lip color type are lipsticks or colored balms (but not the type of balms that have barely any color). A lot of lipsticks sold in US are highly pigmented, but they're not JUICY looking. You know what I mean, they're highly pigmented but they're kinda flat looking. Maybe just a little shine to make it not completely flat. Otherwise it's so shimmery it's utterly impossible. VERY rarely do you have a lipstick or stick balm that have a finish that's more JUICY or plump looking, and very rarely are there flattering "lighter" shades that are pigmented, juicy gloss without it actually being a gloss, and flattering in general for light asian skin tone.

Many Japanese lipsticks actually boast a lot of these things that I always look for, but none of them have ALL of these qualities and also cost less than $10 retail!!! (Okay to be fair you have to buy these IN Japan to pay less than $10, I often forget how crazy the markup is on ebay!)

I started out with shades like #3 (a sweet cherry red with warm undertone) and #6 (medium rose beige). I have around NC20-25 neutral warm skintone so both of these worked AMAZING on me. I proceeded to pick up all the other colors after LOL. For those who have never used these before and wanna give it a try, I really highly recommend #6 for most skintones from light up to medium! For darker skintoned ladies, the new #9 is quite lovely as well!

What i really love about these is that they are pigmented, really hydrating, gives that plump juicy look without it being a gloss, super easy to apply without twenty passes to get the color, and lasts a surprising amount of time!

Apparently #7 isn't LE according to the website (although in Japan #7 was marked as LE and has already been removed from shelves as far as I can tell, I didn't see it when I was there a few weeks ago). Oh wait, maybe 4 is the LE...I don't see that on the site anymore.

In any case, really if you get a chance to try this, I highly recommend it. On an average day I have two different shades of this balm in my makeup purse (the other two lip colors are also Canmake lol, I seriously love this brand!)

on 2/8/2014 4:11:00 PM

I picked this up in Jpn; you can purchase on ebay/online, but it will be 2x the price.

The formula is creamy, nonsticky, and a bit sheer, but still pigmented. It's great value if you buy in Japan; maybe 600/700 yen? This tube lasted me six months. The packaging is a bit longer for lip balms/lipsticks, but built very sturdy (you can throw in bag and not worry about it breaking, cracking, or the tube cover falling off).

I purchased shade #4, it's a dark pink similar to Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle.

Yet, if you're in the US, this is the same consistency as Revlon Lip Butters, so personally I don't think it would be worth $18 off ebay. Totally worth it to stock up if you're in Japan though!