New York Color Individual Eyes 945 Midtown Mauve

New York Color Individual Eyes 945 Midtown Mauve

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I was very disappointed with this product. I bought it to wear to my college graduation because it had good reivews here and wound up having to buy something else because it didn't work for me at all. Luckily I bought it for $5 at walmart, so this wasn't a huge loss.

The packaging is nice enough. It's very sturdy. The only problem with it is that if you're not careful when picking up shadow with your brush, you wind up getting it into the primer and shimmer compartments because they're right there and not covered with anything. The applicator is a standard sponge applicator, I only used it to apply the primer.

The primer is decent. It didn't last all day (I don't think. It was hard to tell with this eyeshadow, see below). It actually worked better under other brands' eyeshadow. The big shimmer/highlighter thing is also pretty, if difficult to apply subtly.

The eyeshadows were not good. Either I managed to buy a shadow where three of the four shades matched my skin perfectly, or they have no pigmentation whatsoever. They all looked lovely in the pan but the three lightest shades were all but invisible except for a faint shimmer, even testing them with two different primers (the included one and elf's). The darkest brown only just showed up after a lot of layering. Perhaps the lighter shades might show up better on people with darker skin? But not on me.

Would never buy this product again, or try any of the others in the individual eyes line.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really like this palette! I bought it at Walmart for sbout 5 bucks or so, and it lasted for a few months, never crumbled or broke at all. The packaging is really well made and won't break if you have little siblings like me that like to knock your makeup bag off the bathroom counter onto the tile floor. Haha. :P But really, the colors are pretty and well pigmented, and my favorite thing is the eyelid primer that comes with it. I've found that you can actually use the primer as a concealer for under your eyes! It works great, goes on smoothly and covers better than any concealer. It doesn't sink into the creases under your eyes either. I'm impressed with the NYC line in general, but I wish they's sell the primer seperate! I'd buy it for sure :)

on 2/8/2014 3:53:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

I lurrrrve this eye shadow! Easily blended pigments that can be applied light for a very natural look or heavier for a more dramatic effect. The colors have a bit of shimmer but not too much and the effect is not drying or aging. It does not settle in creases or lines. Very professional HE look at such a low price! I apply using the sponge applicators and then I buff with a small eye shadow brush to blend. The effect is amazing.

My very favorite things about this, though, are the primer and highlighter that come with it. Excellent eyelid primer (as good as others that are much more expensive), lovely shimmery highlighter. In addition, the ecru matte shadow works very well as either a lid color or highlighter too, if you don't want the shine. So much in one little package!

I have hazel eyes and this is the palette for brown eyes. The mauve shades work very well to show off the green in my eyes as well, so versatile on that point, too.

In a pinch, I prefer this palette combo to NYC's HD Color Trio (color 782 Bronzed in Brooklyn), which is also very good but has only shimmer shades. Individual Eyes has matte as well as shine to choose from, hard to beat in value and versatility.