MAC Frost - Angel

MAC Frost - Angel

on 7/12/2016 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a unique shimmery neutral pink frost colour lipstick. It caught my eye as soon as I saw it. I cannot find a good dupe anywhere for this! The price is quite expensive for a lipstick, but the quality is great and the tube lasts ages so it is worth the price. Was surprised when it actually looked good on me as I have light medium olive skin tone and I usually go for warmer tones in lip products. I normally wear nude/peach/coral lipsticks but this is my go to nudey pink if I ever want to wear a pink lipstick. Best thing to do is to try it out in store first. It goes well with MAC Subculture lip liner. Great for every day use and also evenings/occasions if you apply a lip gloss over the top. I use MAC Cremesheen Glass in Calypso Beat and it is the perfect combination. The texture goes on very creamy and moisturising and has good pigmentation which you can build up for a bolder colour. It lasts me a good 3-4 hours before I will feel the need to reapply. However if I eat/drink then I will need to reapply straight away as most of it rubs off. Wish it was more long lasting but definitely worth having considering the colour is one of a kind.

on 5/6/2016 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

Absolutely gorgeous shade of pink one of my all time favourite lipsticks I will repurchase this forever, for reference I am nc25-30 .

To Read all 561 Reviews, Login or Join

on 3/12/2016 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I want to love this shade but well it's looked bad in my lips. I love the baby pink shade but really this is not my color tbh

on 1/21/2016 11:38:00 AM

I wanted to love this cult favourite so much but it simply washes me out:( i have to apply a coral gloss on top to make this lipstick work. I do love the texture and feel of this lipstick. It covers the lips nicely making them look full, unlike some sheer lipsticks which can make my lips look less full. Interestingly the Revlon dupe for this shade (Primrose) looks amazing on me - who knew!

on 11/16/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

A very pretty light soft pink with a mauvey tone. It's frosty and vanilla scented, lasts for a good amount of time. Moisturizing and looks good on its own. It's easy to wear and makes a pretty everyday lipstick shade to own.

on 10/29/2015 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My first Mac lipstick! Love the colour, texture and don't mind that it is a frost. Perfect pink for any skin tone!

on 10/8/2015 9:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've got pale skin with cool undertones. This shade looks horrible on me, I was so dissapointed since everyone seems to love it.. On me this shade looks very peachy/almost orange instead of pink. And it doesn't last long on my lips at all. I think I will avoid Mac lipsticks with frost finish as well, as the finish isnt very flattering.

on 9/29/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you are looking for a lipstick that you can pair with a multitude of make up looks then look no further! Gorgeous fleshy pink colour - think your lips but better. Feels really comfortable on the lips, pigmented and oh so pretty. Prepare for a bit of maintenance (regular top ups) to keep your lips looking good but apart from that, would really recommend this lipstick :)

I bought Angel with doubts because although my skin is neutral(MAC NW/NC 15-20), I have redness so pinks with blue undertones tend to be fake and too barbie-doll-y. After the first time I used it, I fell in love. This is the most gorgeous blue toned pink colour ever. I love it. However, if your lips isn't very smooth, it could clign on to those patchy areas; but with a chapstick, everything's ok.

MAC Angel was my first MAC lipstick and I must confess that I bought it because Kim Kardashian claimed that it was her favourite MAC shade. Angel is a pretty baby pink colour with a frost finish. However, I find it tricky to wear for a couple of reasons. One is that the colour is slightly too pale for me to pull off. The second is that the frost formula tends to sink into my lip-lines. This lipstick just looks a bit 'off' on me. I do like the colour though, so when I wear this lipstick, I make sure I have enough time to apply it properly, it's not one I can just throw in my handbag and reapply throughout the day. I usually wear about three layers of Angel, blot it with a tissue between layers, and smooth out the final layer with my finger. This stops it from sinking into the lip lines but is a timely process. The colour is beautiful and I will finish the tube. However, I will not repurchase this lipstick, instead I will try the similar coloured Creme Cup.