MAC Frost - Angel

MAC Frost - Angel

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

There are very few beauty products that carry me through the years which I've never stopped using or found better alternatives to. As a teen/very young adult pink lipstick was my obsession and I had dozens but Angel always stood out as my go-to. Now that I'm a bit more advanced in my twenties I gravitate toward nude lipsticks, but I would never stop wearing this shade just because it is one pink that strikes a great balance between not too pale, not too dark, not to orangey/warm, but not cool-toned, not glossy and short-wearing but not drying. The formula is satiny, slightly frosty and fairly opaque. It is one pink I can sincerely recommend to anyone, even someone who isn't thrilled with most pink lipsticks.
The price and packaging are both fine, I am aware it's not cheap but there are certainly many brands that tack $30-$50 price tags on lipsticks so I can't complain about one of great quality that costs half that.

on 7/12/2016 7:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a unique shimmery neutral pink frost colour lipstick. It caught my eye as soon as I saw it. I cannot find a good dupe anywhere for this! The price is quite expensive for a lipstick, but the quality is great and the tube lasts ages so it is worth the price. Was surprised when it actually looked good on me as I have light medium olive skin tone and I usually go for warmer tones in lip products. I normally wear nude/peach/coral lipsticks but this is my go to nudey pink if I ever want to wear a pink lipstick. Best thing to do is to try it out in store first. It goes well with MAC Subculture lip liner. Great for every day use and also evenings/occasions if you apply a lip gloss over the top. I use MAC Cremesheen Glass in Calypso Beat and it is the perfect combination. The texture goes on very creamy and moisturising and has good pigmentation which you can build up for a bolder colour. It lasts me a good 3-4 hours before I will feel the need to reapply. However if I eat/drink then I will need to reapply straight away as most of it rubs off. Wish it was more long lasting but definitely worth having considering the colour is one of a kind.

To Read all 561 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/6/2016 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse

Absolutely gorgeous shade of pink one of my all time favourite lipsticks I will repurchase this forever, for reference I am nc25-30 .

on 3/12/2016 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I want to love this shade but well it's looked bad in my lips. I love the baby pink shade but really this is not my color tbh

on 1/21/2016 11:38:00 AM

I wanted to love this cult favourite so much but it simply washes me out:( i have to apply a coral gloss on top to make this lipstick work. I do love the texture and feel of this lipstick. It covers the lips nicely making them look full, unlike some sheer lipsticks which can make my lips look less full. Interestingly the Revlon dupe for this shade (Primrose) looks amazing on me - who knew!

on 11/16/2015 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

A very pretty light soft pink with a mauvey tone. It's frosty and vanilla scented, lasts for a good amount of time. Moisturizing and looks good on its own. It's easy to wear and makes a pretty everyday lipstick shade to own.

on 10/29/2015 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

My first Mac lipstick! Love the colour, texture and don't mind that it is a frost. Perfect pink for any skin tone!

on 10/8/2015 9:01:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've got pale skin with cool undertones. This shade looks horrible on me, I was so dissapointed since everyone seems to love it.. On me this shade looks very peachy/almost orange instead of pink. And it doesn't last long on my lips at all. I think I will avoid Mac lipsticks with frost finish as well, as the finish isnt very flattering.

on 9/29/2015 7:30:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you are looking for a lipstick that you can pair with a multitude of make up looks then look no further! Gorgeous fleshy pink colour - think your lips but better. Feels really comfortable on the lips, pigmented and oh so pretty. Prepare for a bit of maintenance (regular top ups) to keep your lips looking good but apart from that, would really recommend this lipstick :)

I bought Angel with doubts because although my skin is neutral(MAC NW/NC 15-20), I have redness so pinks with blue undertones tend to be fake and too barbie-doll-y. After the first time I used it, I fell in love. This is the most gorgeous blue toned pink colour ever. I love it. However, if your lips isn't very smooth, it could clign on to those patchy areas; but with a chapstick, everything's ok.

Popular Lipsticks