L'Oreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher

L'Oreal Youth Code Pore Vanisher

3.1

Dimethicone, Aqua /Water, Glycerin, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Isononyl Isononanoate, Alcohol Denat., Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Lauryl PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Silica Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Perlite, Magnesium Sulfate, Capryloyl Salicylic Acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Menthyl Lactate, Lens Esculenta Seed Extract/Lentil Seed Extract, Bisabolol, Parfum/Fragrance, Dextrin, Dimethiconol, Cl77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499/Iron Oxides, Cl 77891/Titanium Dioxide, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Eperua Falcata Bark Extract, Farnesol, Limonene, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Citronellol, Aluminum Hydroxide.

on 10/12/2016 12:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I just received a sample of this in my walmart beauty box, and silly me assumed it was a serum so I put it on my face before I went to bed, like I usually do with serums. You know, because the sample didn't say it's a primer. Thanks a lot, L'Oreal.

But still, I have some thoughts about it, even though it's a rather difficult product to decide whether to purchase and use.

On one hand, it will work great to diminish the look of pores. I can tell it's much better than Dr. Brandt's Pores No More Refiner Primer, even though the consistency is practically the same. Plus, Dr. Brandt's version is much more expensive and has a funky smell (what is that odor, pine trees? Eww).

On the other hand, the product separates (even my sample packet was separated, which is a bad sign). The package doesn't say to shake it, so I'm assuming this is an unnecessary flaw that might change how the product works on skin. For such a large and established cosmetics company, I expect much better.

With that being said, you can use this even if you have dry skin like me, because even though it mattifies, the best feature it has is that it makes your skin look baby smooth. This can be a miracle worker for those of us with blemishes or uneven skin.

I'm still deciding whether or not to purchase a full-size bottle. If I do, I'll come back and give an update.

I do like this to put on my t zone, it makes pores appear smaller and gives a matte looking finish. What I didn't like about it though was that it separates in the container and the clear liquid gets everywhere, that's the only problem. But I really like the way it makes my big pores look smaller so I'm 50/50 on it.

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

Like others here, at first this product had an expected consistency but did seprate. I shook it for a very very long time and the consistency improved; i will sometimes shake off a bit of the watery alcohol-ish liquid and then mix what is left in my hand. This is definitely a pain, but this product just works so darn well that i think it's worth it. I have used guerlain, hourglass, smashbox, revlon, benefit primers and not a single one of these compares to the L'Oreal except for maybe the hourglass which still wasn't as good.
I will continue to use this despite the separation.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

This product separated before I could ever use it. Boo!!

on 7/11/2015 10:27:00 AM

ONLY USE THIS PRODUCT IF YOU WANT A MATTE LOOK
AND/OR HAVE VERY OILY SKIN

Things you should know about this product:
1. When applied, it will slightly hide your pores (temporarily)
because the product sinks into the pores, camouflaging them.
2. It will help prevent oiliness.
3. When used as a primer, it will keep your foundation looking matte.

My overall experience with this product:
1. When used WITHOUT foundation over it, it controlled oiliness very well- i have
combination skin, and tend to get oily throughout the day on my forehead and cheeks.
This product truly prevented oiliness for over 8 hours.
2. When used WITH foundation over it, it also controlled oiliness.
3. Even though i do not usually experience dry skin issues, this product would create
dry patches on my chin and on/around my nose. My skin became flaky.
4. After using the product daily for a week, i felt that the overall condition of my skin became poor. My skin became very dehydrated, even though i moisturize nightly AND every morning before applying this product. My skin looked like it lost it's radiance. I returned this product.

Overall, i recommend using this product as a primer ONLY if you naturally have
very very oily skin. Otherwise, i would stick with a different primer like Maybelline's Baby Skin Primer- it is much less drying, gets the job done and is less expensive.

Hope this helps!

on 5/16/2015 4:22:00 PM

DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT!!Unfortunately I have had the same experience as others. I read the reviews and had read that the product separates after a couple uses but I was so desperate to try something to put under my new foundation that was sinking into my pores. I even thought for a few days that maybe other people had gotten a bad batch. Then four days in it was as if the entire product separated. I would shake it to try to mix it up and it sounded thick and would move from one end to the other. I would squeeze some out and oily liquid would pour out of the tube. Luckily they took it back at the store. Don't waste your money. It sucked because for the first few days it really did feel nice on the skin although it really didn't minimize my pores.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this product. I use it as a primer over my sunscreen and under my makeup. i used to use Smashbox primers but I looked like an oil slick within a couple of hours.

My experience with L'Oreal YouthCode Pore Vanisher was similar to many others I saw posted here . . . The first sample tube was like in advertisements, but when I purchased a regular size tube, it was so runny and watery that I couldn't apply it to my face. The product was separated between a brown gunky slimey texture and something clear and watery. I tried pouring it into the palm of my hand to blend but it would not blend no matter what I did. I bought a second tube, thinking maybe here was just something wrong with the previous one. It was the same. Obviously, I won't be buying any more of it. I'm kicking myself for throwing good money after a bad thing twice!

I bought a full size tube of this after trying a sample that was in a magazine. I'm not sure what went wrong, but the sample worked a lot better than this does. The first time I tried it, my pores were minimized instantly, and I would have felt confident stepping out of the house with just the pore minimizer. Could they have changed their formula over the past couple months? No idea, but I won't be buying this again when I use it up.

The packaging is nice, but the box they put it in is a lot larger than the tube itself.

on 12/18/2014 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Something that actually works for me! Better than the 4-5 EXPENSIVE pore minimizers I have tried. <3