L'Oreal Paris L'OREAL PREFERENCE COPENHAGEN ASH BLONDE 8.1

Filtered by skin tone : Fair

4.8

HELP! I love this color. I purchased it while in Paris, Feb. 2017, and immediately used it in the hotel room. Unfortunately, they don't sell it in the US. Does anyone know the equivalent in the US? I've reached out directly to L'oreal and asked which Superior Preference blonde color in the US I should use and they said they can't help me determine the equivalent product to buy in the US. Anyone out there know??

My review of the color--I am a natural blonde and this color is the perfect boost to my natural color, which has started to go very dark, ashy blonde over the years. I love this color in that it made my hair look brighter without looking bleached or too blonde/too bright/etc. It did not fade to a brassy mess like some of the other blonde hair colors out there. I really love it and hope to replicate the color in the US, if I can just figure out which color to use!!

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

Absolute best, most natural hair colour I have ever come across since my own hair started to go grey. Might not be so surprising as I am Scandinavian, born and breed. Only regret is I can not find it in Geneva, Switzerland but stock up every time I go back to Sweden.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Finally, I can stop setting off my own coulrophobia when I look in the mirror.

Long story short, a salon messed up my hair and then demanded another 100+ to fix it. I cut my losses and walked out looking worse than when I went in, with yellow, reddish, and orange tones interweaved through my head. I managed to get it to lighten further with vitamin C treatments, but they didn't pull enough of the orange to give me a color I could live with.

I was scared to discover that all the ash-based demipermanents were sold out, so I picked this up (Copenhagen 8.1 Light Ash Blonde). I purposely got something 2-3 shades lighter, because if I process my hair at all, it sucks up dyes way too dark.

The color was okay. It has ammonia so it burned my eyes and nose a bit, but it had a nice fragrance to try to cover it up. Better yet, this is one of the few permanent colors I've used which ask you to wet your hair first, meaning I got along with one box.

What more can I say? Took the orange right out and gave me the ashy tones that suit me so well -- if I stay out of the sunlight. If you haven't bleached out the orange then this won't work miracles, but it will tone it waaay the f*** down. Hair was quite dry afterwards, but the conditioner that comes with Preference is practically cult-status for how amazing it is, so that took care of that.

To my surprise, the color didn't go darker than what I started with or try to go hyperdrive into dark brown territory, like has been so in the past. Did it have something to do with wetting the hair first, perhaps to even porosity? You'd have to ask an expert. :P

I would recommend this to anyone looking to tone down brass and orange, but it might be way too ashy for a natural blonde.

the BEST ASH BLONDE HAIR COLOR!
I’ve used this a few times now. (after bleaching my hair out then hating the fakeness and wanting to return to a natural color)

Surprisingly this color is a perfect match to my natural hair color/roots. It is the one Ash Blonde color that gradually fades (not fast like other and I've used plenty) and it never goes brassy even as it fades lighter over the months it STAYS a nice ash blonde (and I do not even use purple/blue shampoos) If you have long hair it might look even silver if you have light/bleached hair but that harshness does go with a wash or 2 though I love the silvery effect because that's the true ash, not green at all!
In all, I truly find this to be the best box of Ash!

Popular Hair Color Products