4.4

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Skin: MAC NC20, MUFE Y245, NARS Deauville; dry and sensitive Dim Infusion is another winner in the Ambient Lighting Blush line for pale to light skin. Dim Infusion is a light apricot blush with neutral peachy brown veins running throughout, which imparts a very flattering, subdued peachy flush to the cheeks. There are no visible shimmer particles in this colour, and the glow it projects is a gorgeous soft satin finish. This is a great everyday blush that seems to go with tons of different looks, making it highly versatile. The soft, silky texture and moderate pigmentation makes it a breeze to blend and apply onto the face and it makes a great option for a "apply and go" blush for everyday usage. I like to pair warm, bronze-y eyeshadow looks with this and this pairing makes the makeup really pop and complements each other gorgeously. I would be hesitant to recommend this blush if you're NC30/medium skin and up, as the colour in the pan is relatively light. In that case, I think colours like NARS Torrid and MAC Melba blushes would be better options for this colour family.

About reviewer (119 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBrown

3 years ago

Subtle and buildable with a tiny hint of shimmer that lifts your complexion. It doesn't make you look like a disco ball - just beautifully perfect. I'm in love with this.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairSilver, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

When I first got this I was expecting a lot due to the amazing reviews. I was underwhelmed didn't think it was really showing up and was a bit meh! However a little like the ambient lighting powder trio set when I didn't use it my skin simply didn't look as great. I persevered and actually used with the broader range it layers beautifully leaving a natural yet effective colour finish. I tend to apply the highlighter shade first then this over the top, looks amazing!

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

from

4 years ago

This is the perfect blush! For reference, I'm mac NC15 and wear GA luminous silk in 4. It gave me a healthy glow from within kind of complexion, and I haven't touched my mac, benefit or too faced blushes since purchasing this. It is really pricey, but you don't need a lot and I can see this will last me a very long time. I took a lippie off for packaging, but this is more of a person preference issue, as I don't like the design and I don't like how my finger marks are all over the packaging which is unavoidable considering the design.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

4 years ago

Despite people saying this is too light to even show up - it definitely showed up on me, maybe a little too much.. it's very peachy and I need a light hand... but I am quite pale, NC15. It is OK, but I have better prettier coral blushes.

About reviewer (127 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Kinky, Fine

from

4 years ago

After looking for ages at these blushes I finally bought this one. A lovely peachy/ coral shade which is best suited to light/ med skin tones . More pigmented than you would think so build up gradually . Expensive but lasts all day on my dry to normal skin. An indulgent treat :-).

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

5 years ago

Dim Infusion is a beautiful soft peach shade, perfect on my light skin tone with pink undertones (MAC NW15 for reference). It is so finely milled that even on my pale skin I can layer it, and I find it really easy to apply with my SK skunk brush. It imparts a soft, subtle glow without being obvious and it does not bring out the redness in my skin. The shade is similar to another favorite of mine, Tom Ford's Frantic Pink. I will definitely repurchase Dim Infusion, $35 before tax.

About reviewer (570 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

EyesGray

5 years ago

PROS - Lovely light peach/coral that is the *perfect* natural shade for my fair skin! - Long-wearing. - Classy, sturdy packaging. CONS - Expensive. - I suspect I'm too fair for the Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light to work its glowy magic - it seems to blend into nothing with my skin tone. - Fragile cake of powder. It crumbles at the mildest provocation. - Oxidizes slightly. I'm using a light hand until I get used to how much the tone deepens. - Other reviews have suggested that it looks more luminous over liquid/cream foundations than over powder. Unfortunately, I wear only powder...although I may search out a liquid faster than I was planning to, simply to take full advantage of how pretty this colour looks on me! I'll keep wearing this, simply because I love the shade, but when it's gone I imagine I'll be able to find a less expensive, non-gimmicky blush in a similar colour. All the same, if I wind up with some extra cash, I may be tempted to give Mood Exposure a whirl, too - again because of the gorgeous colour and not because the Ambient Lighting Powder really does much for me.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I've long been curious about Hourglass Ambient Lighting powders, so I decided to try the Dim Infusion blush, figuring it would be the most likely to work on my super pale (neutral) skin aaannnnnnnddddd.... I love it! I like to use it as a combined blush/contour on my cheeks, and to that end, it works brilliantly giving a very soft and natural effect. I find that the balance of "dim" and colour in it is just perfect for my skin, and I love that this blush multitasks for me. The finish is lovely, neither powdery or dewey, but rather soft and gently luminous if that makes sense. The powder is very finely milled, and it's very easy to work with and blend - you get it where you want it and nowhere else. I do however have a few qualms with the product: Packaging - I'm not wild about it. It looks sleek, it's a beautiful rose-y/bronze colour, the clasp is secure, but it's plastic and (to me) it feels a bit light and cheap... I'd expect the packaging to somewhat reflect the price, and I don't feel like it does. Also, I don't like how the powder is deeply recessed into the pan - I feel like when I get close to finishing it off it's going to be a pain to use... These concerns are mostly aesthetic though, to be fair, and don't affect the blush's performance. Price wise, it goes for £28 which I think is quite high, but not extortionate - especially when you don't actually need to use much - I can see this lasting me quite a while even with daily use. I think the blush itself is amazing and I wouldn't hesitate to repurchase!

About reviewer (86 reviews)

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

Sure, you can get cheaper blushes that look good, but none I've ever tried look *as* good as this.

About reviewer (42 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm