Catrice Prime And Fine Anti-Red Base

Catrice Prime And Fine Anti-Red Base

2.4

AQUA (WATER), CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ISONONYL ISONONANOATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, TALC, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, SODIUM CHLORIDE, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, OCTYLDODECYL STEAROYL STEARATE, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRAISOSTEARATE, DIETHYLHEXYL SYRINGYLIDENE MALONATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE, SILICA, TIN OXIDE, HYDROGEN DIMETHICONE, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, POTASSIUM SORBATE, PHENOXYETHANOL, CI 42090 (BLUE 1 LAKE), CI 77492, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE).

on 12/24/2016 5:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I'm so happy I discovered this primer. It's available where I live and it's cheap! I hope they never discontinue it. I don't really understand the negative reviews. I don't know what people expected when they bought it. It's a GREEN primer, so yes, it's going to have a slight green cast on your face. Anyway.
I have light olive skin. I use it in two different ways. I apply it under light coverage bases, like MAC Face and Body or TheBalm Balmshelter tm. Or I mix it with higher coverage fdn. My neck is paler than my face and my face, though olive, has a lot of redness in it. Whatever fdn I used my face always looked too peachy/pink. With the help of this primer after years of struggling with this issue, I finally don't have to hear from my brutally honest sister: "Your foundation looks too pink!"
I like the consistency, easy to spread, it's slightly hydrating. I have normal/dry skin, so I always use a good moisturizer underneath.
I can only recommend it if you're struggling with the same neck /face issue.

As this is a colour correcting primer, I felt that this did not do anything for me because it left me with a green/grey cast over my skin that made me felt that I was a zombie. It also does not extend the wear of my foundation or cover any pores. What's worse was that it broke me out after using this for a few days.

on 5/16/2016 7:27:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This did absolutely nothing for me. I get redness on my cheeks and an oily T-zone. It didn't blend out nicely and it just sat on top of my skin. I also got oilier quicker than usual. The product is also very liquidy. The smell didn't bother me, the green pigmentation is quite intense, but I just can't make it work.

The packaging is fine, a classic tube.

Price is around 5€ in DM.

on 4/21/2016 10:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Mostly, I don't like Catrice packaging. But of course would look through that if the product was amazing. This green base just makes you Grinch/Waldmeister/Avatar green. Nothing else. Maybe grey is you smear it out very well. But who needs that except of on Halloween?! Don't understand this product at all.

on 1/8/2016 6:21:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Unfortunately, this is unusable for me because I cannot get past the glitter. If I'd had the chance to swatch this beforehand, I would've never bought it, and I'm kicking myself for not having done my homework either, because if you look at the online reviews for this, they all mention the glitter issue. But I just hadn't imagined this could ever come up. This is supposed to be an anti redness makeup primer, why is it packed with all this obvious glitter? Not shimmer. Straight up glitter. I was not expecting that.
I honestly don't understand the logic behind this product at all.

on 11/1/2015 6:50:00 PM

I have been using this primer for the last 4 months and it has worked out well for me. I have a lot of redness in my cheeks so I was expecting a full coverage either, what I got it seems good to me, considering the price of the product as well. I need 4 layers to erase all the redness in my cheekbones but I use 1-2 in a daily basis. The only problem that I find is that you can't use it alone (without a bb cream o foundation) because it makes you look too pale and kinda of "sick". After that, I'm happy with the results

on 10/31/2015 5:42:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

So, I've bought this product in the hope that I will cover the redness of my acne-pro skin.
I have to say that it covers redness well.

Although, I noticed that spreading the product evenly on your skin is almost impossible . I used my hands, a brush and even a sponge with bad results.
Not only that, the product really wiped out the redness but left blue-ish and green-ish stains on my skin so part of my face would look blue and other extremely pale.
I have pale skin anyways but that took it to a whole new level.
It made my skin more oily too.

I wouldn't recommend this to anyone and I don't think it's worth the money.
But I have to admit I still love other Catrice products.

on 8/29/2015 7:56:00 AM

_____ OVERVIEW
Catrice "Prime and Fine Anti-Red Base", contains 30ml of product and comes in a narrow squeeze tube.
Claims: "Soft green primer, neutralizes redness and gives a longlasting even skin tone. Hydrating."

_____ CONSISTENCY, COLOR
It's a mint green cream and it's neither thick nor super runny. I find that it's very easy to spread on the skin. My skin feels a little smoother after application, but it doesn't feel greasy at all. The drydown is semi-matte.

I did *not* notice any glitter or shimmer in this like other reviewers have stated! The tester in store also had no shimmer in it (I wouldn't have bought it otherwise), so I guess Catrice must have reformulated this primer. (I bought mine 2-3 months ago)

_____ CLAIM #1: ANTI-REDNESS
It goes on sheer, so if you're looking for a green-based primer with very high coverage (that can cover severe acne, for instance) , this primer isn't for you. I have redness on and around my nose (no pimples, just redness), and a little bit on my cheeks and jawline.
To cover very red areas on my face, I need about 3-4 layers. To cover only a little redness, I use 1-2 layers.

With 1-2 layers, this primer makes redness look more rosy than red. With 3-4 layers, it starts to look very pale and greenish on me.

_____ CLAIM #2: HYDRATION
I like how this doesn't cling to dry patches of my skin (like other color-correcting stuff I've used), but I wouldn't say it's super hydrating like it claims to be. It feels like a very lightweight cream with the slightest bit of hydration. It's enough so you can smoothly apply foundation over it, but if you have normal to dry skin, you'll probably still need to use moisturizer underneath this primer.

I have dry combination skin, so if you're very oily, this might be hydrating enough for you on its own.

_____ USAGE
One thing I've noticed people complain about here, is that it leaves a greenish/pale tint. Duh.. that happens with any green primer you use! That is why you're using it after all: to correct the color on your face. The green tint "erases" the redness, it erases the red color. What's left is, of course, a somewhat colorless, pale base. You can't just use this primer alone and expect it to cover redness AND make your skin look natural.

To cover strong redness with this primer, you'll need to build it up in thin layers. Then you'll need to apply foundation or tinted moisturizer to balance the skintone of your whole face. Otherwise, you'll be left with pale areas, and areas with your natural skintone.

_____ FINAL OPINION: 4/5
Personally, I like this primer a lot. I always use moisturizer underneath it, and tinted moisturizer on top of it. It neutralizes redness, and doesn't feel heavy on my skin. It doesn't cover all redness with just 1 layer, but I prefer a natural finish over full coverage anyway.

on 8/21/2015 9:25:00 AM

Surprise surprise! I actually love this product.

But, I don't use it as a primer. I use it to neutralise foundations that are too orange/pink for my skintone. My skin in very pale, almost ashy and a lot of foundations don't match me even though they might be light enough, their shade is just wrong.

If you add a small amount of this product to your foundation, lets say 1/4, 1/5, it corrects the shade without visibly changing the texture and finish of the foundation.

I originally wanted to buy Kryolan's base in Mint, but I decided to buy this cheaper version to test out the technique. It works well and it's much cheaper.

And I can't even see the shimmer this way.

A.

on 1/25/2015 3:20:00 AM

So this primer I really wanted to use because I have a lot of redness on my skin, but when I put this on I didn't even notice any neutralising of that, all I could see where the awfully large shimmering pigments in this. Won't be buying again.