Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème

Becca Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème
Ultimate Coverage Complexion Crème

3.6

Dimethicone, Water, Phenyl Trimethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Polysilicone-11, Silica Dimethicone Silylate, Butylene Glycol, Isononyl Isononanoate, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride, Isododecane, Dimer Dilinoleyl Dimer Dilinoleate, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Methicone, Glyceryl Caprylate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Calcium Carbonate, Trihydroxystearin, Potassium Sorbate, Methylpropanediol, Disodium Edta, Caprylhydroxamic Acid. May Contain/ Peut Contenir [+/-]: Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77499 (Iron Oxides).

on 11/24/2016 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This foundation is perfect for those transitioning into wearing a full face of makeup. My previous HG Teint Miracle, while my go to for a dewy base, just requires too much of my time in the way of finishing with setting powder and having to mix shades. Becca's UCC is perfect for an oily face like mine, I haven't been able to apply foundation and not finish with a setting powder since I was 16 and didn't realize how much I needed it lmao.

First off I have read many reviewers here saying this is hard to blend and impossible to do with fingers, I completely disagree. I'm not a fan of brushes when it comes to application of liquids at all, so I was initially concerned that with such a pigmented foundation, tools would be essential. To my relief I found this pretty straightforward to apply, I think if your applying small amounts at a time you'll find its a lot easier to blend a smaller area then trying to tackle large sections in one hit.

I found the shade shell matched perfectly, for reference I'm a NC15, and shell is lighter then the lightest shade in Teint Miracle (01). My boyfriend commented that it made my skin look milky which is what I was aiming for (with most shades I tend to look a little more like off milk due to strong yellow tones).

Overall this foundation is a 9/10 for me. Great colour payoff, perfect finish (matt enough to keep my oil at bay, satin enough to not result in looking like I've been attacked with Estee Lauders Double Wear). I haven't yet worn this for a full day so I will need to update on longevity but overall loving this foundation at the moment!

on 11/17/2016 6:22:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I've had to switch to liquid foundation following a horrible acne breakout that has left lots of scars over my right cheek. My mineral foundation just isn't enough at the moment.

I went to SpaceNK on Regent Street because they have just opened their flagship store, and I wanted to check it out. I thought I might as well get a full coverage foundation - the first in my stash and Becca won.

Pros:
It's my exact skin tone! I chose Sandalwood and Mahogany to try out, but Sandalwood was perfect for my skin. If you have warm (yellow) undertones, I think you'll do well with Becca. I'm not sure about those with red undertones.

It's almost full coverage! Not quite full, but you'd have to try really hard to see my scars. I'm quite insecure about them at the moment, so I'm really chuffed that I can look 'normal' again.

It doesn't look cakey! One of my main gripes about liquid foundation has always been that they make you look like you've got a mask on. But the technology has certainly improved, and this just makes me look like I have perfect skin. The way it's meant to!

It lasts all day! It really does! At the end of the day, I have a little bit of oil come through, but it looks more like dewiness than annoying greasiness.

It's fragrance free!

It's *feels* lightweight (in my opinion), but it is thick.

Cons:

Since it's a little thick, you have to work fast or you won't be able to blend it properly.

Transfer :-( !! It transfers all over the place, a little more than I'm used to or am willing to tolerate.

The bottle is not transparent, so I can't see how much I have left. I'll just have to guess and take the clue when no product comes out...

I did a lot of research about the application of this and decided to apply with the Cover Fx Custom Blending Brush, which I already happened to have. I read on someone's review that the brush pretty much acts like the BeautyBlender, and I have to say I agree. I don't really like the BeautyBlender (way too much hassle for me...), so I was looking for a good alternative. This brush definitely does it for me. It blends my foundation *perfectly*.
I set it with Becca Blotting Powder Perfector (in Translucent) and that eliminates any oiliness or greasiness and ensures that my foundation stays on.

So far I haven't had any issues with spots, so I will continue to use (and try out other full coverage foundations, while I'm at it).

I chose yes to the repurchase question, but we all know that I would have moved on to the next *best foundation ever*. But it is a good option to try out, should you fancy it.

To Read all 99 Reviews, Login or Join

on 10/29/2016 11:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation should have been everything I ever wanted in a foundation. Full coverage, not too matte or too luminous, transfer resistant, high water content to help hydrate, good shade selection at least on the lighter end of the spectrum. So many good qualities! Unfortunately, this foundation just sucks for me. It is very concentrated, I can literally use about half a pump for my whole face. It does cover redness well and evens out my skin tone. But it sets incredibly fast resulting in a blotchy splotchy finish. I had to use a damp blender sponge which in turn sheered out the coverage. I tried with several different primers and moisturizers underneath but always got the same results. If you work and blend fast as hell it might work for you but I'm just not quick enough. It also seemed to pool in my pores and fine lines regardless of primer used. And it tended to cling to dry spots and looked a little cakey in some areas, especially between my eyebrows. Another issue I faced was oxidation, which in my case worked out because Buff is a shade or so too light for me but within a couple hours it oxidized so much it matched. The packaging was on this foundation is okay, but I don't love the solid bottle because you can't see how much product is left. I did like the pump though as it pumps a very small amount so it doesn't result in wasted product. However, I just couldn't make this work. I don't return makeup often, but this one went back.

on 10/7/2016 5:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Most if my foundations provide medium coverage but I wanted to have a full coverage option so I decided to give this a try.

The texture of this is great and I find it long wearing on my oily skin.The only issue I had was that the Ultimate Coverage Creme runs dark compared to other Becca foundations I've used.

I am an NC42 and the shade Bamboo matches me in the other Becca foundations I've tried (Radiant, Luminous) but when I ordered this in my usual Bamboo shade I found it was too dark for me.

So I'd say Bamboo in this line is around NC43 - NC44. Because I do really like this foundation I've ordered the Olive shade to mix with the Bamboo which should give me a better match.

on 9/10/2016 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Wow. This foundation is amazing. I love it so much. It's definitely medium to full coverage (personally I'd say it's more full) but be careful because i can see it being cakey if applied with a heavy hand. I only used 2-3 pumps, which seems like a lot but the pump doesnt dispense much so you're only really using a small amount. How I applied it was to my finger tip and then i dabbed it all over my face and buffed it into my skin with my tarte airbrush bamboo foundation brush. I always spray my brush with a setting spray because i find it helps to blend out the product better. I do this for all of my foundations, btw. I also went over it and pressed the product in with a slightly damp beauty blender which helped it look a tad less matte. I love a matte face but i was going to a wedding and i wanted a slightly dewy face so the damp BB helped me achieve that. It covered all my imperfections and blemishes and scars perfectly. For as thick as this foundation is, it doesnt feel heavy at all. I find it to be very light weight.

It blends really well and even. Its not streaky and there's no SPF in it which is nice because i hate the ashy grey cast and flash back spf foundations cause. This foundation did not oxidize on me. It dries pretty quick, so I recommend working fast and in sections. Its a gorgeous, beautiful, very pigmented base. The colour range is really good and very WOC friendly. I initially got the wrong colour in Amber and it looked horrible so if you try it and think its too light or dark try another shade because it can make a world of a difference. I went up a shade to Tobacco and it was perfect for me.

Cost wise, it's a pretty penny but i believe it's worth it. I used this in conjunction with the Becca ever matte poreless primer and my face stayed completely matte the entire night from 4pm until after 1am. I went to the wedding and was dancing up a storm and even though yes i was sweating I'd pat my face with a napkin and didnt even have to reapply powder or anything.

I wanna say it was magic tbh lol. At 1am i came home and looked in the mirror and you could tell my makeup had faded a bit but as much as i was dancing and sweating on my face i thought it would've been gone completely. There was no breakdown of the foundation or anything whatsoever. I have never seen that before in my life.

This may be my holy grail foundation, guys. I thought I loved the NARS all day luminous but this is definitely much better, imo.

on 9/9/2016 3:31:00 PM

Disappointed with this foundation after hearing great things.

It is a thick formula and hard to blend because it dries fast. Left my skin looking very streaky and blotchy is some areas. The foundation also clings onto dry spots on my face.

The coverage was okay. You would need to layer to build more if you have scarring/blemishes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

My skin: fair, acne prone and lots of hyper pigmentation from past breakouts. This product is truly saving my A$$ right now. My skin is a mess lately but this helps to conceal EVERYTHING quickly and easily. I apply with a beauty blender and it just covers redness and other imperfections beautifully, without feeling too heavy. I personally need a great primer with this or it makes my pores super noticeable. Packaging is a sleek pump bottle which is ideal.

Overall, makes my skin matte and perfected.

on 9/8/2016 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

Amazing and beautiful foundation:

Coverage: Full coverage that can be built up even more. Very pigmented. I just need a small amount to cover my skin and it goes on smoothly and flawlessly without showing a lot of texture such as pores and dry patches. Im not a big primer person, Most of the time I apply this without primer and it looks great. With primer, I dont see a huge difference. I prefer without since this is already so thick and creamy. It covers all my uneveness and sun freckles with ease. I do not have hyper-pigmentation or major acne but I can see working and covering extremely well.

Finish: Natural finish. Not matte and not dewy. I live in Texas and I stay from anything dewy 'cause even if I have normal-dry skin, the heat makes everything dewy and sweaty as is. The finish and result is truly natural, beautiful and flawless. At least on my skin, it's hard to make this cakey.

Wear and Wear Time: Now, this is NOT EsteeLauder Doube Wear that is matte and wears like iron throughout the whole day! Although Becca's is much more comfortable to wear! It does fade a little throughout the day but minimal, I dont touch up as I would with other natural-finish foundations such as BobbiBrown Skin foundation. It is hard to find a natural finish foundation that wears long and this does a very good job at that.

Shades: Being a medium-dark/tan person, MAC NC40-42, NARS Barcelona-Syracruse, good shades are hard to come by! This does a fantastic job at providing shades for tan and darker skintones! Very rich and pigmented colors and I settled on my current skintone which is at the moment Olive. One up is the shade Tan but it has too much pink and the next one up is Bamboo which is perfect if I was my Summer color or if I went into the sun more. Olive is a super match with plenty of yellow and im very happy to have found it!

Etc/Other: Hard to tell from the bottle how much is left when it's being used, I hope the pump reaches all the way to the bottom! This has NO SPF, which is wonderful by me because I use a separate SPF and I want that separate from my foundation which is great when im going somewhere at night or for photos. If I had to compare this, I would compare it to MAC Studio Sculpt(one of my favorite foundations) and Laura Mercier Silk Creme(old version, havent tried the newest one). LM Silk creme is more matte, just as long wearing and the shades are not very good; MAC Studio Sculpt is more moisturizing, not as long wear and has SPF 15. All are full coverage, creamy and thick but Becca is a great medium from them all.

Love this foundation. Very beautiful formula and match and I feel quite confident with it on! Worth every coin. Would buy again!

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Color: Bamboo

I'm not sure yet if i like this one better than Estee Lauder Double Wear 15hr but it definitely is the best in comparison. I have an oily TZone and this creme keeps my face matte for the entire day even if I take a quick nap (I roll around a lot). I can't say that I've tried it without a matting primer or spray but I haven't with the Double Wear either and that doesn't keep me from blotting all day. The reason I might like the Double Wear better is because they have a perfect color match for my skin whereas the Becca Creme is a little more yellow than I am if I wear it on it's own.

Pros:
Full coverage
Mineral based
Long wear
Good for sweaty/naturally oily skin
Cruelty free
Easy use packaging

Cons:
Not a great amount of colors to choose from
Must apply with fingers or beauty blender
Dries quickly
One pump expels a lot of product

on 8/18/2016 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

SO DISAPPOINTING. After applying this foundation it left my face so greasy until I set it with founation, it does gave good coverage only if you use alot. I have very oily skin and I use Becca ever matte primer, it does an okay job but with this foundation you would think the oil control would be on the same level as the primer, not even close. I'm not even halfway through with the foundation and I'm already on the hunt for another foundation.