3.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

One of my favorites and that say's a lot because from 250 plus perfumes I know, this is one of the only ten I love out of all off them. It's also the one I get the most compliments with, it reminds me of another favorite Dans l'eau Diptyque but with a minty note that stay's almost till the end and keeps it very fresh. I mostly smell pink roses, geraniums, cut stems and leaves and sweet mint, best scent for sunny days, but I wear it in winter too when I need a pick me up. And the look of the botlle is dead on for what's inside, a beauty.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesGreen

1.0

2 years ago

Received a sample of this and wasn’t a fan at all. Too strong a floral. I do like rose but I couldn’t smell a lot of it in this. Would not repurchase

About reviewer (966 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Coarse

EyesGray

3 years ago

Green, white, sharp floral, beautifully different. A little peppery, spicy and herby, with a hint of citrus, cedar and something camphor-y or minty at the opening. They should've named it just 'Botanica', - the rose, while present, is way in the back row just whispering. To me it's more a botanical herb-and-flower garden scent than a rose scent. Even in the dry down, it's very balanced and remains predominantly mixed floral on me. It reminds me a lot of BR Malachite. It's not really sweet, not fruity, not sensual and not overtly feminine. I like these types of florals because they don't smell perfumey. I prefer a natural feel to my white florals, and this it. It doesn’t smell like a perfume, it smells like a naturally occurring garden scent. Edgy, clean, simple. It's not particularly groundbreaking or compelling, but I do like that I don't often smell it on others. I've had enough rabbits and hamsters as a kid to pick out cedar notes regardless of their concentrations. For that reason, I'm always remind of rodents/pets when I smell anything cedar, and Rosabotantica has a healthy dose. It's usually better that I avoid fragrances with cedar....But for some reason this one is so well balanced that it doesn’t put me off. I got a rollerball and didn’t plan on re-upping. But I fell in love with it about 8 months after buying that rollerball and got a full bottle. IF YOU DON’T WANT TO BLEND IN WITH THE ‘DEFAULT SETTING’, typical floral/fruit-chouli mainstream offerings, this is one to test. Projection is modest, as is longevity.

About reviewer (219 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Coarse

4 years ago

Just "beautiful" inside and out ????????

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Neutral

HairBrown, Straight, Other

EyesBlue

4 years ago

Love Rosabotanica. I wear it a lot, but it's so hard to describe! I have & love B. as well -- and I also own & like Florabotanica & Balenciaga Paris. They all have a unique herbal-woody crispness going on. The particular undertones that these Balenciaga fragrances share is unique and very hard to describe. They have an earthy quality. An EDP, launched in 2013, here are Rosabotanica's notes, per parfumo.net: Top Notes - Blue hyacinth, Fig leaf, Petitgrain Heart Notes - Rose, Grapefruit, Cardamom, Pink pepper Base Notes - White amber, Cedar, Vetiver, Patchouli, Woody notes To me, it smells like crisp, cool fresh air -- plus vines & leaves & trees. Very back-to-nature. Clean & outdoorsy & earthy. I picture mountains & forests in Sept-Oct-Nov. I would wear this while poking around in shops in Gatlinburg TN in the Great Smoky Mts -- it would really match the air & scenery & vibe, I think. To me, it's a wild & free bohemian scent. Fresh, cool, & sparkling, but in a green & brown way. Honestly, it takes me back to my college days in Michigan. There are floral notes, but mostly I smell the crisp, cool, fresh, herbal, natural outdoors. Rosabotanica can be a love-or-hate fragrance, I think -- anything unique tends to be -- and I loved it at first sniff. The bottle is a gorgeous work of art! When I'm really in the mood for something *different*, I turn to my Balenciagas -- they're like nothing else out there.

About reviewer (285 reviews)

Age

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

1.0
from

5 years ago

One of the most beautiful bottles I've ever seen. Unfortunately the fragrance is awful. The first spritz is so green, smells like grass and gave me a headache. I couldn't detect rose at all.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Other, Other

3.0

5 years ago

I love the scent but I think it would work best as a men's cologne. It smells far too woodsy with my body chemistry. Thankfully, I received this in sample form from an online order as I would never buy such a fragrance for myself. Will not repurchase.

About reviewer (117 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Dark, Neutral

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

5 years ago

I am a packaging snob. I will not buy certain things because of their packaging. I know that seems crazy, but that is how I am. Everything about a product must appeal to me. I was drawn to this fragrance by the packaging because It is unique and colorful. I was afraid to try the fragrance at first because of the "rosa" in the name. Rose fragrances on my skin generally do not work well. They often end up powdery smelling and I am not a fan of that kind of fragrance. I like spice or incense or woody fragrances. This is very woody on me. The cedar is prominent, but not in a cedar tree kind of way. It is cedar with an underlying earthiness that I cannot quite pinpoint. I feel safe and happy when I am wearing this fragrance, almost like it summons something from my subconscious that is just beyond my memory. I love this fragrance and have received compliments when I wear it. I will definitely buy this again when I run out.

About reviewer (60 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

6 years ago

Cool. Aloof. Tasteful. Reserved. Feminine in a Catherine Deneuve kind of way. Unmistakably FRENCH. Woody rose breeze on a mild spring day. Lasts longer and smells more interesting on my clothing than my skin. This fragrance reminds of my childhood in Belgium in the early 1970s. I can't put my finger on it, but it tugs at my heartstrings. The bottle and the box it came in is just absolutely enchanting. I got the Sephora 500 points kit with the Rosabotanica mini and the scarf AFTER I caved and purchased the 50mL. It makes total sense that the set came with a scarf. Rosabotanica smells best on my clothes and on this scarf. I classify this as an emotional fragrance I love to own, but I don't think I will wear it often. Even though I get lots of compliments, even at work, (I'm a nurse), about how fresh and natural I smell. "Like a breath of fresh air".

About reviewer (635 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

I liked florabotanica but I'm loving rosabotanica. I'm terrible at describing scents but I'm going to try to explain what I smell...When first applied, I smell pine and menthol, very strange but interesting. A few minutes on the skin the menthol is still present but the pine is gone and I start smelling flowers, it doesn't seem like a bouquet of them, nor do I notice rose...hmmm....its more like hyacinth and lily of the valley, very nice. After a few hours, finally the rose is present but very subtle, and the menthol is still front and center. This can absolutely be used by either gender. Its is long lasting, I'm still able to smell it after 6 hours. I purchased the rollerball, will be ordering full size when used up. Once again, this is not a girly, fru fru type scent. My DH said I smell "cool" like crisp air when I wore it.

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium