Revlon Parfumerie Fresh Linen

3.0

1 review

on 1/31/2014 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Fresh Linen is a scented polish from the parfumerie line. This is a warm eggshell yellow tinted white frosty creme. The polish is pretty and is a nice shade and the color is the same yellowed/aged white as my antiqued linen lampshades so the name is fitting for the color. The scent is baby powder and sweet and girly, but not too sweet and not floral. I really liked the scent on this one quite a bit. Sadly, the formula on this leaves a lot to be desired as this applies streaky and is very brushstrokey. This is not going to look good right out of the bottle and I had to really work to get 3 good coats on and still I wasn't happy with the end result. The polish does not self level and I could not get an even layer no matter what I tried. Thin layers, thicker layers, applying it with as little manuevering as possible, the lightest hand I could to prevent brushtrokes and balding, etc. In the end, I ended up stamping over this to conceal the streaky look but I refused to put on a 4th coat of polish! I would not buy this again as it is simply too much hassle and it still didn't give me satisfactory results. This is disappointing as you'd expect a decent finish right out of the bottle. Especially for a trusted good quality brand like Revlon. Although this has a pleasant scent and is a really nice creamy eggnog color but overall it's not worth buying in my book.

Popular Polishes