Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - The Naked Truth

Wet 'n' Wild Color Icon Palette - The Naked Truth
Color Icon Palette - The Naked TruthColor Icon Palette - The Naked TruthColor Icon Palette - The Naked TruthColor Icon Palette - The Naked TruthColor Icon Palette - The Naked Truth

3.4

on 4/23/2017 2:32:00 PM

I have had this for years and like it a lot. Shades are highly pigmented, not much fallout, easy to apply with your own brush. The color combination is versatile and wearable. The shadow lasts on my oily lids and in a pinch I can use it to line or fill in brows. The packaging is relatively sturdy for the price. It latches securely and is easy to open (I have a heard time opening NYX compacts with the bow clasp. I am milia prone and this doesn't aggravate. Comes off easily with my favorite bliss lid and lash remover. Of course it isn't as cute as a more upscale naked palette, but it does the job. It also makes me feel virtuously frugal to buy WnW. am also a fan of WnW mega shield lip in the shade barely legal (MYBB) and a few other WnW products.

on 1/11/2017 3:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I agree with the review below - surprised at all the low reviews. This isn't as bold as the trios, but I grabbed this palette because it has all the colors I love on an everyday basis - in one palette in different shades. I could probably use this palette every single day for the rest of my life - and I'd be good. I have blue eyes, so browns are the shades I like to use. I usually use my neutral bronzer (Physicians Formula butter bronzer in bronze) as my neutral crease shade, but this palette is so close in color that I feel comfortable using the crease color as listed (normally they are too dark for my crease). Love all of these. I have used the crease brown in my crease, and then used the dark definer brown color on my outer v because it is pretty dark. Every color in this can be used as it is intended and for me, that's pretty rare because of how light I normally like my crease. Love this as an every day palette. The crease does have glitter but I found it didn't show up very much on my eyes.

Why the low ratings ??...Such a wonderful palette with the same great quality of W'n'W , It even has two basic neutral non shimmery colour , which is a great new plus to their palettes..I live in a country where American and European drugstore makeup is neither easily available nor cheap , this one has a great price and top notch quality ..I bought it a long time ago but thought I will not like it because of these reviews , till I tried it yesterday and was impressed with how pigmented and easily bendable the colours are ..I didn't have to apply more or press my brush harder than usual...Highly recommended and absolutely important to your collection .

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Love the banana color and the matte brown.

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Doesn't last

on 4/11/2016 10:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Great palette and probably my favourite from Wet N Wild's eyeshadow palettes because it has both shimmers and mattes that are all quite pigmented. The Definer (dark matte brown) and the Base (light yellowy matte) are my two favourites in this palette. The light matte yellow is great to highlight your brow bone, especially on tan skin and the dark matte brown is just so pigmented. A common problem with drugstore eyeshadows i find is the mattes tend to be not as good as the shimmers and can be quite chalky but the colour payoff from the two in this palette is amazing. I often turn to the matte brown in this palette over my single pot of Mac's Handwritten.
The shimmers in this palette are all great quality as well though I don't turn to them as much since the Eyelid shade is comes off as a bit more grey than i would prefer, and the Browbone shade being really white/light for my skintone.

on 12/20/2015 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

These are the best drugstore eyeshadows I've ever tried. Very buttery and pigmented!

I do love this product. The nude or naked eyeshadow trend has really taken off and wet n wild has not been left behind. The price is great less than $5 . The color selection does give you a nice neutral smokey eye and can also be used with other wet n wild eyeshadow palettes. I would like another naked palette from wet n wild maybe some more shimmer but it's a good palette to throw in your makeup bag or gym bag great in a pinch . I am not in love with the packaging but I think wet n wild tries to make their products travel friendly and pretty which isn't always easy. All in all for the price I think it's worth trying. It's readily available in Walgreens or Five Below or most drugstores. Always check packaging before you use it make sure the seal has not been broken remember this product will go near your eyes . And I haven't had any irritation with wet n wild eyeshadow . Wet n wild has some good products and I think their eyeshadows are a great bargain.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wnw (& ELF) make incredibly good DS eyeshadow high quality products. I also am of the school of thought that u can never own too many brown/neutral shadows (says the owner of every Urban Decay Naked palette & ELF 144 Neutral + BH Cosmetics/Coastal Scents palettes eg 88 Warm & 28 pan neutral. I love makeup would be putting it mildly I breathe eat sleep live makeup!). So this was a lovely addition w such gorgeous colors. I still have Greed/Lust palettes, I have a lot old old makeup but powders don't really expire a perpetuated myth by companies. If you have this palette I hope that u enjoyed it, I'm not sure if it was LE I think it was part of the 2014 line. These are my colors! They aren't matte but they aren't discotheque I'm glad I haven't hit pan on any of the colors u get a s-ton of product for <$5!!

As I sit inside McDonald's sipping soda, contemplating the simple joys of New York City, and swatching this palette, I have come to realize this may be the first drugstore eyeshadow set that I will use completely on its own (and that $2 cheeseburgers are basically the second coming of Christ when you're almost broke and haven't eaten all day).

My mantra is that one can never own enough neutral eyeshadows, so of course, I had to give this a try. I didn't purchase the original formulation as I had heard the quality was less-than-satisfactory, but once the palettes were reformulated, my interest was piqued. And honestly I kind of love the aesthetics and packaging of these 5-pan palettes, in a very strange and penny-pinching way.

The new formula of The Naked Truth is buttery and pigmented, similar to WnW's Fall 2014 collection. The shades are all super neutral as a whole, so I think this would suit pretty much any skin tone, and would make a great workhorse palette for the office. Individually, the eyelid and browbone shades are cool, while the crease and base shades are warm. I want to say the definer is neutral.

BASE · similar to the famous Brulée, matte pale beige, good for highlighting the browbone.
BROWBONE · light shimmery oyster, not as pigmented but good for a wash of color on the mobile lid.
EYELID · satin taupe (lol), a little darker and more gray in tone than the MAC shade or the taupe shade in the Silent Treatment trio.
CREASE · warm midtone brown satin with gold glitter that blends out easily, makes up for the lack of a true transition shade, or would make a nice lid color for a smokey eye.
DEFINER · matte dark brown, leans neutral-warm (comparable to MAC Handwritten).

I would personally wear this with the base on my browbone, the crease as a blending shade, the browbone packed onto the lid, the definer in the crease and outer corner, and the eyelid used sparingly and slightly smoked out on the lower lash line.

Despite the lack of a transition shade (I think taking the crease color on a fluffy brush would be nice to blend out the other colors), I definitely believe I'm going to use this every single day while I'm working over the summer, which is something I've never said about any palette or eyeshadow. These are a total win and I only paid $3.59, so if you haven't purchased this yet, I highly recommend you do!

But first let me finish my cheeseburger.