Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser

Neutrogena Pore Refining Exfoliating Cleanser

2.8

water, decyl glucoside, cetyl alcohol, glycol distearate, sodium laureth-13 carboxylate, cocamide MEA, disodium lauryl sulfosuccinate, polyethylene, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium methyl cocoyl taurate, salicylic acid, glycolic acid, polyquaternium-11, linoleamidopropyl PG dimonium chloride phosphate, sodium PCA, PEG-150 pentaerythrityl tetrastearate, hydroxypropyl guar, disodium EDTA, BHT, fragrance

on 5/7/2016 4:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Recently my skin had been really rough, pores all over my face and pimples re-appearing on my cheeks and chin. I had been cleansing and moisturising my skin like usual but I think the winter weather got to my skin. My sister had this cleanser in her bathroom and I used it and my skin is transformed. After 4 days of use my skin feels really clean, soft/smooth and no break outs. It is still a little rough around my nose but the pores are so much less visible. I actually owned this cleanser and finished it a while ago but I never found it anything special. I just purchased it again today :) P.S. Don't get it in your eyes cos it stings!!

on 8/2/2015 10:58:00 PM

Gave me cystic acne. Stay far far away from this. And the smell is horrible.

To Read all 38 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/20/2015 2:33:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I'm surprised at the low ratings this has on here, especially considering it's listed as a best rated product on Beautypedia. It has a creamy texture as you apply it but it lathers up and has a similar feel to the fresh foaming cleanser in the blue bottle. This is probably more suitable for drier skins though. Although the majority of Alpha & beta hydroxy acids are rinsed away, you definitely get the feeling of a nice deep clean with this which is probably mostly due to the tiny polyethelene pieces it contains. In conclusion I think this is one of the best drugstore cleansers out there given it caters for most skin types AND offers gentle, yet deep clean.

on 4/23/2015 1:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is what caused me to get cystic acne-- and I'm still dealing w acne scars after using this product! Stay away!

on 3/29/2015 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

UPDATE: I stopped using this when the store was out randomly.. within 2 days all of my acne was clearing and i stopped getting new breakouts! I switched to Purpose which is a lot more gentle on my skin!

I'm honestly surprised that this cleanser got bad reviews. This is the only cleanser that i continuously buy again and again. it makes my face feel soft and i can definitely tell that i am getting a deep clean. Will continue to purchase.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Gave my face a glow and smoother feel. However my pores are still the same. I got compliments on my skin after using it. Made my face look better after a few weeks but not much after that. I will keep using it since it works better than other cleansers.This cleanser works almost the same as olay regenerist cream cleanser

Pros: Almost fragrance free smell
Does not dry out skin
Smooths and brigthens

Cons. No change in pore size

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This product does not refine my pores, there is no difference visibly which I can see even when it's close up on my face. It dries my face out and I feel like it only cleans the surface of my skin. My skin gets irritated by this product, and I have acne prone skin with huge pores. I do not recommend this product. I would say you're better off buying another type of cleanser.

I struggle with acne scarring, sebaceous filaments on my nose, and blackheads around my mouth. I saw this product and figured I'd give it a go. I read that AHA and BHA in cleansers don't work as well as when in a moisturizer, but thought it was a relatively safe way to give the products a go. patch tests were fine, but when I actually incorporated the product into my routine, I had problems. My skin started breaking out, and my face smelled like burning plastic. The beads caused a lot of irritation as well. If you have sensitive skin like me, I'd stay away!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Let's answer the big question first: no, this doesn't shrink the size of your pores, and really, I don't know how much AHA and BHA can do for you if you're washing it off, so the claims of this product are just a gimmick.

The beads of this scrub are big and waxy, so they are pretty gentle on your skin, and I did use this every night. The best thing about it was that didn't break me out. I didn't use it to remove makeup, so I don't know how effective it is in doing that but it does sting your eyes so I recommend using a separate makeup remover.

Although I would repurchase, I don't think this cleanser is anything special.

on 10/26/2014 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Meh. Exfoliating? I barely noticed. I use many Neutrogena products, but this one is going back to Ulta. Strange consistency - wants to be creamy, but watery sludge comes out first. It has BHT in it - not good! Says it has fragrance - smells chemicalish. Strange fragrance choice. Doesn't leave my skin feeling crisp and clean. Sorry Neutrogena!