3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

This is a terrific product for novice tanners to seasoned tanners. I had forgotten just how good this was until I pulled it out this week to fix a tanning mishap. I hadn't moisturised properly and my super dark mousse application - from another brand, Uber ash by Le Tan - was patchy and a bit scaly looking. I applied a thick layer of this Bondi Sands gradual milk (with a mit) and slept in it overnight. The next day, my tan was even and glowing. The hydration in this gradual milk helped to even out the patches - I doubt I could have fixed it without another layer of Le Tan mousse. A saviour! This is a wonder product for prolonging an existing tan or smoothing over mistakes. I can't speak for it as a gradual tanner, as I tend to use deeper-toned products for a darker finish. The bottle is enormous and should last a few months. I took one lippy off for the fragrance - it has a very strong tropical/cocoa/coconut scent, and so I prefer to wash it off in the morning. It does dry very quickly (another strong point of this product), so you could apply in the morning, dress and go about your day while it develops, without stickiness, but the scent would be too overpowering for my liking.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

This is a decent gradual tanner. I can't speak for how it works as an actual tanning product as I don't use it for initial tanning. I use it in two ways - firstly during tanning with my Bondi Sands mousse I use this on the areas which get the least amount for sunlight (inner thighs, inner arms) instead of using normal tanner for a more natural look and I use this as a chase up for a few days after tanning to deepen my tan. For these purposes it works very well, it deepens the tan really well and leaves the areas I need looking tan but still lighter than the rest of my body. I have used it on my hands and feet a few times instead of using my Ultra Dark Bondi Sands altogether and the colours do not match - this product is much more orange than the mousse is (which is olive) so it looks pretty strange. From this I would say the colour of this product would be on the orange side, but it doesn't bother me as I don't see it. It does have that classic Bondi Sands smell which to me is horrid, most people like it though. For my purposes this is a lovely product! :)

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

2.0

4 years ago

I have tried this a couple of times now, I'm not a huge fan. When you first apply the moisturiser it feels very wet and thin. I don't feel it hydrates and keeps my skin very moisturised if anything it probably has the opposite effect on my skin. After a couple of hours I started to notice a very strong fake tan smell which I didn't like. Wouldn't recommend and won't repurchase.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrunette

EyesBrown

1.0

4 years ago

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY. I don't know what everyone else is talking about but I applied this 3 times a day and I saw no colour change whatsoever. It's just a horrible cocoa smelling moisturiser that's hiding behind its semi-cool brand image. I got sucked in. My Garnier Summer Body is 100 x better. Get that instead if you want a decent moisturising tanner. This stuff is useless.

About reviewer (54 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

3.0

4 years ago

Honestly am quite impressed on how the color appeared so quickly. It appeared after one day of use and is very buildable. the smell is tolerable, although it reminds me of cardboard, would have preferred a little vanilla added into the mix. Pretty moisturizing and not a worry of it's on your hands, it will not turn your hands a weird orangey color.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

4 years ago

Best gradual tanner I've ever used! This is the one without SPF by the way. Doesn't leave you with any residue when you wake up in the morning which I've experienced in the past. That's what sold me on this!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

2.0

5 years ago

I bought this as I usually tan every other night however it is so time-consuming so I thought I would give this a go. 1. it smells really bad ...it says it smells like coco butter, it doesn't. It smells like nuts & chilli powder which is still pretty potent even though I've slept in it & its had a long time to soak into my skin. 2. It doesn't dry very quick so you need to give it at least half an hour drying time before putting on clothes/pjs and getting into bed as you feel sticky. 3. I was really disappointed in the morning when I woke up as I woke up the same colour as I went to bed & I had applied a generous amount. I'm not sure if this would work better for someone who already has a tan as most tanning products work off of your natural pigment as I am fair skinned. 4. It isn't very moisturising for being a moisturiser. I have used palmers coco butter as my goto moisturister and I know how good my skin feels when applying coco butter to my skin so this musn't have much coco butter in it. The texture and the look of it is quite runny/watery which in my experience doesn't give that hydrated feeling to the skin. 5. You can't lock it which means air is going to get in to the product and make it green & the developer will become less strong and unable to work as well. As if its worked great in the first place. Overall I am really disappointed in this product. I will have to try another gradual tanning lotion or maybe even go back to fake tan.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

5 years ago

I think i finally found a gradual tan that ticks every box for me. This is huge as i never consistantly end up using any gradual tanning lotion. I get lazy, couldnt be bother or just dislike it. I cant say the same for this lotion. Ever since i purchase this, ive been using this every single day. It has spf15 which is great for the day but it doesnt stop me from using it every night. In the morning i apply this on my face only for the spf and to match my body. I hasnt broken me out which is a huge plus because the weather here in australia is hot and my skin is changing and reacting to my usual skincare routine. And every night after the shower i just apply a thick even layer on my body and apply the lotion on my face in the morning before leaving the house. Onto the review, this tan does gradually get tanner with each application. By the second application i noticed a nice natural bronze tan. Honestly it looks really natural and brown rather than orange unless its in some lighting BUT the orange tint is so so ever so slight yoy cant even notice unless you were paranoid. Compare to some gradual tan *cough cocoa butter cough* it is not orange at all. When you first apply, you get a good nutty cocoa buttrr scent then after a while a very very slight tan smell but strongly covered by the cocoa butter scent and then it just has NO scent. They did a great job. Ive tried other gradual tan and i must say the scent is pretty amazing and close ro no tanning smell you could probably ever get, and i have a nose that can pick up a smell from a mile away. The packaging however was not what i expect. When i first grab this i noticed how soft the bottle was. Though the pump is very smooth and easy to pump. It isnt air tight. When you cover the pump opening and squeeze the bottle you can hear a breeze come out of the bottle. I dont enjoy the idea of my gradual tan sitting out exposed to air. And being the silly person i was, i placed the bottle in my bag and the product came out of the neck of the bottle. I know you can turn the pumo to lock it(which is what i did after) but then i would have to pump the product out every time i need to transport ir which is fairly often. The other con is that the lotion is quite thick which doesnt dry as fast leaving me feeling sticky in bed.... and when i woke up my legs werent very hydrated cause that was the driest place of my body though my arms come second, they didnt immediately become hydrated but after using it for a few days i started to notice my arms were smootb. Cant say the same about my extremely dry legs. Overall, this is a gradual tan that ticks all my boxes. I am now using it daily which i cant say the same to any other gradual lotions. Smells amazing and un-fake tan smell as you can get. Natural and nice bronze colour and safe to use on the face( i checked and asked bondi sands) although i do wish they do something with the packaging because i have sturdier bottle that i dont have to lock to place in my bag but apart from that Love Love Love. I hope i covered everything. *I also noticed that when I use this or the Garnier gradual tan spray I get tiny bumps on my arm. only my arm but it isnt red or itchy or painful. You cant really see it unless you go under the light and see shadows which then you still have to look carefully. It wont stop me from using it as it isnt happening to anywhere else and it doesnt bother me. At first I started to use the garnier gradual tan and ONly noticed it first when i bought the Bondi Sands gradual tan but then i stopped the Garnier to use the bondi and the bumps continued but today I checked and the bumps are gone again. Its nothing that bothers me but i just want to let people know. Im not 100% its the gradual tan but just to be sure people know incase they have skin problems and want to use it casually.

About reviewer (63 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Relaxed, Coarse

EyesBlack

from

5 years ago

I love the gradual tanning milk! I mainly use it if I can't be bothered fake tanning. This product would be perfect if you don't have time to tan before going out! Overall I prefer a full dark tan, but I do love this product for a go to tan, or if I'm going on holidays!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinSensitive, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesBrown

6 years ago

I've used Bondi Sands tanning gel before and was not disappointed, so I was super excited to try this out as I'm not a fan of sprays. Although this is a 'milk,' the consistency is actually quite thick - more like a moisturising lotion. When I applied the product it gave my skin a nice healthy glow and after a few days I noticed the tan looked so natural and bronze, a lovely colour. The packaging is cute and very Australian and the pump makes it easy to control how much product you use. It spreads easily so you don't have to use much. The smell is a cocoa butter scent which I like although I understand some may not. It's quite moisturising and the fact it has SPF 15 is also a nice addition. I am definitely going to continue to repurchase this and would recommend to everyone, even if you're really pale!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool