TheFACEShop FACE it Oil Cut Pore Powder Pact

TheFACEShop FACE it Oil Cut Pore Powder Pact

4.3

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

As someone part of the 'greaseball' club, i highly recommend this product!
Most powders can only keep my face matte for 1-2 hours before my oils start to seep through, but this can keep me matte for 2-4 hours, and my skin 'dewy' for up to 6 hours before my oils take over - which is a huge feat considering how much oils my face can produce! It does look very 'flat matte' when first apply, but if you don't apply too much, it looks okay!
What i do is use the powder puff (Yes it is a legit powder puff, not those cheap ones that doesn't do its job) and apply the powder to my T-zone, then use my powder brush to blend out/ spread out the powder to the rest of my face.
I also like that it has SPF in it, it makes me feel safer in the sun even though i have sunscreen underneath already.
Oh did i mention that this is a good setting powder - It sets my bb cream and concealer well and they did not budge for the whole day, including my undereye concealer that tends to crease!

I've noticed that the other reviewers don't like this product as much because of how flat/powdery this can look. Which is I barely touch the puff to the powder before I apply it and also diffuse it with a powder brush. And I always add a highlighter afterwards.

It does keep my oily T-zone matte for 5-6 hours, which is my typicaly lecture day. I wouldn't re-buy it since Maybelline Dream Matte is much cheaper.

To Read all 4 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/22/2014 11:43:00 PM

When I first applied this to my oily T-zone, my skin was instantly matte. It made my skin look flat, which isn't very flattering. However, as the day went on and my skin produces its natural oils, a radiant dewiness forms that never gets out of hand.

Alongside the perfect dewiness is the pore coverage.This pact covers up my very large pores quite well, even without a pore-minimizing primer. It hasn't clogged my pores and caused breakouts or black/whiteheads, and I have tested this product out for two months now.

The packaging isn't very slim, but it's sleek and well designed. The powder is separated from the mirror and the soft puff by a plastic lid overtop, which is unique and quite ingenious.

This powder lasts all day, even on hot days, and it really does wonders to keep your oils under control and actually makes them work FOR your skin, not against it. This product retails at $21 CAD, but for the packaging and the quality of the formula, I really recommend this product :)

on 1/28/2014 1:39:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this pressed powder on a whim without reading many reviews on it, since The Face Shop was having a sale. It's a nice powder that sets my makeup nicely, but I wouldn't say it does much to keep my oils under control. In all honesty, I think the Rimmel Stay Matte powder does more for me in that department. I typically use the Oil Cut powder if I'm having a short day where I won't be out for long for that reason.

I really like the sleek packaging, and how the inside of the compact has a plastic divider so that the powder puff doesn't sit directly on top of the product. It is quite expensive at over $20, so I would not repurchase since I have found cheaper powders that actually control my oils.