Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Milk

Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Milk
Argan Milk

3.9

Aqua, Argania Spinose Kernal Oil (organic), Propanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Phosphatidylglyceryl, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid

on 5/26/2017 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have dry, sensitive skin. This didn't irritate it at all, and it does moisturize nicely. But it never seems to fully absorb and instead just sits there on my skin which, for me, is a real pet peeve so I will not be repurchasing.

on 5/21/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used JM argan oil for well over a year with no problems. My skin is dry and the oil works well for me. Thought I'd try this as a lighter version of the oil, heading into warm weather months. At first this seemed nice, but after two weeks I have pimples on my cheeks, and I haven't had a pimple in over ten years! I have no idea what extra ingredient in this could be causing zits, but the regular oil did not aggravate my skin, and this clearly does.

I'm reading through the reviews for Josie Maran Argan Milk and kind of shocked that it doesn't get higher ratings. Then again, I have pretty dry skin. I am an argan oil fan, but I didn't use it during the day, because it's so heavy. This product absorbs into my skin really nicely and makes my skin glow and look dewy. I'm also noticing that the more I use it, the more normal my skin seems to be. I don't have the extreme dry patches that I did, probably because I put some on those patches every day. I do dab a little of the regular argan oil onto the driest spots after I put this one. I love the dewy, glowy look I get from this. I will sometimes even dab it on my cheekbones and eyes AFTER I put on my makeup if it looks dry, and it smooths my skin out and makes it look almost highlighted. It's an amazing product!

on 2/10/2017 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

So awhile back I ordered an entire kit of Josie Maran products off of QVC, and the Argan Milk was included in that kit. I've gone through an entire bottle, and I like it!

Josie has a ton of moisturizer products and claims that they all work best when used together - specifically, with her Argan Milk, she says it's best to layer on the standard argan oil on top of it. I don't know if you REALLY need to buy and use both, since Argan Milk works fine on its own. I have both, and I like using both together, but if you're really strapped for cash I would say buy just one or the other.

I have dry skin, and it gets considerably worse in the winter. This helps my skin stay moisturized, as well as healing flaky skin and breakouts. It also seems to absorb a bit faster than the standard argan oil.

There are two big problems with this product. 1) the price. Ouch. 2) The dropper. Why the heck is it at an angle? It doesn't work well and gets very difficult to get the product out when you reach the bottom of the bottle. I really hope Josie fixes that.

Otherwise, I do love this product and have already repurchased.

This product is a staple in my evening routine. I ran out and after a few days without it my skin was definitely dehydrated. Once I stocked up again my skin was back to normal. That said, the packaging is terrible. After it is half empty the dropper doesn't work and you have to pour the rest out each time. A sacrifice I'm willing to take.
My more detailed review video is below.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I think this just isn't made for my skin type. I do have sensitive skin but it's not ultra dry which I think is probably the target for this product.
For me, this just sat on my skin like an oil slick I also dislike the smell, almost stale smelling is the best way I can describe it. Made my skin super soft but not worth it as it literally never sunk into my skin, I had to cleanse the residue off my face. Which was ridiculous. Also insanely expensive. Would not recommend unless your skin resembles a desert.

on 1/14/2017 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this product over all, but it does seem a bit gimmicky to be honest. It's argan oil that's been cut with water and emulsified, the directions say to follow with argan oil, and this is actually more expensive that the pure argan oil. The bottle is really pretty, and would look nice on a vanity. Absorbs quicker, and better than plain oil, so it's a good choice for before makeup, and might also be suitable for oily skin. This also fits well into multi step/layering skincare routines, I apply after washing, but before my night cream in the PM, and before SPF in the AM. My skin is pretty dry and this work well when my skin is in normal dry state, this isn't enough for days when skin is really dry/parched. Cost is $56USD for 1oz, versus $48USD for 1.7oz or the original Argan Oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This sat on top of my skin and then when it finally sank in(many minutes later) it left my skin itchy and irritated. I really disliked this. Also the bottle feels empty and for the price I should be able to get tablespoons out. I am not a fan. Would not repurchase and I do like argan oil. This is a mix of different things and not just a milky argan oil.

on 12/20/2016 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after feel it because I just have never found a face oil that doesn't feel like it's just sitting on my skin. This sinks like a great moisturizer does. You don't feel oily after. I was surprised how soft and moisturized when I wake up in the morning. Most things feel like they dried up and disappeared but my face FEELS so moisturized with even hours later. QVC actually has a great deal where u get a full sized milk and the original oil, foundation and a lip goss for 10 bucks more then what I paid for just 1 of these at sephora. But if want the moisture face are supposed to give but don't like the way they feel, def try this!

on 12/11/2016 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I say this in just about all of my reviews as of late, but I think it’s important in this case; I am a new sufferer of dry skin (well, in on my cheeks and chin at least). You know, tight, flaky, uncomfortable skin, laden with literal rough patches. It’s lovely. I had tried just about everything under the sun (generally in the context of slathering heavy creams and oils on my face), but nothing seemed to do much more than just glide over the patches, leaving a temporary feeling of smoothness, but not actually solving the issue.

This is different though, and I think Josie Maran is onto something magic. The ingredients are incredibly simple (argan oil, water, and a few other emulsifiers), but they do their job and do it well. After about a week of this, the dry patches on my face had visibly calmed down, and I was back on the road to my dewy, glowing face of yesteryear; perfect. I would like to note that it suggests to use it morning and night, but I found that I was going through it far too quickly that way (it is very pricy, at $70CAD), so I switched to nightly only. I use it as my night “serum” (although it’s technically not really a serum), then layer moisturizer over it, but this is hydrating enough to suffice on its own and warrant skipping the moisturizer, if you want to. Also, caution yourself about the suggested amounts on the bottle. I believe it says 3-5 drops, but you will only need 3 at the MAX, and can probably get away with 1-2.

For a product that hydrates so intensely, this is incredibly lightweight and leaves no oily residue on the skin. No, this is not a miracle anti-aging product, but rather a simplistic and soothing booster to any skincare routine, especially during colder months when skin inevitably gets drier. That said, maybe it is a bit pricy for what it is, but it does work great, and I will repurchase unless I find something that does the job for cheaper.

Overall, excellent product. It does just what the name says, hydrates intensely, and comes in a fragrance free formula that is non-irritating and great for sensitive skin. I would suggest this to anyone at their wits end with dry, uncomfortable skin, or anyone who wants to enter the wonderful world of skin oils, but maybe hates the idea of greasy and oily residues. This sinks in beautifully and works like a charm (it can even be worn under makeup). Again, don’t buy this with the expectation of it replacing anti-aging serums, as it will not, but it DOES, however, do exactly what is claims to- Provides intense hydration. 5/5.