Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Milk

Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Milk
Argan Milk

3.9

Aqua, Argania Spinose Kernal Oil (organic), Propanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Phosphatidylglyceryl, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid

on 7/28/2017 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

I put this on at night and in the morning my pores were GIANT.

I will not purchase this again.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I am on my fifth or sixth bottle or this product. I had a terrible experience with retinol and Josie Maran Argan Milk helped save my skin. The Milk is a really nice consistency and absorbs quickly. I haven't had any issues with sensitivity or breakouts, but YMMV. I find that it moisturizes gently and makes my skin look healthy. Keep in mind that this product's purpose is really only to provide moisturization; it doesn't contain any antioxidants or sunscreen. The downsides are that it is a little pricey and the packaging is not the best; the bottle is unreasonably thick glass--a little too heavy to be suitable for travel, and the dropper never dispenses the product well. The package is the same color as the product, so you can't see when you're running out, and the weight of the glass kind of fools you into thinking there is much more in the package than there actually is. I emptied mine into a smaller blue glass bottle with a better dropper. I know others have complained about the packaging (the 2oz bottle is even worse), but the company doesn't seem to be addressing it. That's why I just use my own container. I love the product, so I'm willing to do this.

on 5/26/2017 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I have dry, sensitive skin. This didn't irritate it at all, and it does moisturize nicely. But it never seems to fully absorb and instead just sits there on my skin which, for me, is a real pet peeve so I will not be repurchasing.

on 5/21/2017 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've used JM argan oil for well over a year with no problems. My skin is dry and the oil works well for me. Thought I'd try this as a lighter version of the oil, heading into warm weather months. At first this seemed nice, but after two weeks I have pimples on my cheeks, and I haven't had a pimple in over ten years! I have no idea what extra ingredient in this could be causing zits, but the regular oil did not aggravate my skin, and this clearly does.

on 2/10/2017 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

So awhile back I ordered an entire kit of Josie Maran products off of QVC, and the Argan Milk was included in that kit. I've gone through an entire bottle, and I like it!

Josie has a ton of moisturizer products and claims that they all work best when used together - specifically, with her Argan Milk, she says it's best to layer on the standard argan oil on top of it. I don't know if you REALLY need to buy and use both, since Argan Milk works fine on its own. I have both, and I like using both together, but if you're really strapped for cash I would say buy just one or the other.

I have dry skin, and it gets considerably worse in the winter. This helps my skin stay moisturized, as well as healing flaky skin and breakouts. It also seems to absorb a bit faster than the standard argan oil.

There are two big problems with this product. 1) the price. Ouch. 2) The dropper. Why the heck is it at an angle? It doesn't work well and gets very difficult to get the product out when you reach the bottom of the bottle. I really hope Josie fixes that.

Otherwise, I do love this product and have already repurchased.

I'm reading through the reviews for Josie Maran Argan Milk and kind of shocked that it doesn't get higher ratings. Then again, I have pretty dry skin. I am an argan oil fan, but I didn't use it during the day, because it's so heavy. This product absorbs into my skin really nicely and makes my skin glow and look dewy. I'm also noticing that the more I use it, the more normal my skin seems to be. I don't have the extreme dry patches that I did, probably because I put some on those patches every day. I do dab a little of the regular argan oil onto the driest spots after I put this one. I love the dewy, glowy look I get from this. I will sometimes even dab it on my cheekbones and eyes AFTER I put on my makeup if it looks dry, and it smooths my skin out and makes it look almost highlighted. It's an amazing product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This sat on top of my skin and then when it finally sank in(many minutes later) it left my skin itchy and irritated. I really disliked this. Also the bottle feels empty and for the price I should be able to get tablespoons out. I am not a fan. Would not repurchase and I do like argan oil. This is a mix of different things and not just a milky argan oil.

on 1/14/2017 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this product over all, but it does seem a bit gimmicky to be honest. It's argan oil that's been cut with water and emulsified, the directions say to follow with argan oil, and this is actually more expensive that the pure argan oil. The bottle is really pretty, and would look nice on a vanity. Absorbs quicker, and better than plain oil, so it's a good choice for before makeup, and might also be suitable for oily skin. This also fits well into multi step/layering skincare routines, I apply after washing, but before my night cream in the PM, and before SPF in the AM. My skin is pretty dry and this work well when my skin is in normal dry state, this isn't enough for days when skin is really dry/parched. Cost is $56USD for 1oz, versus $48USD for 1.7oz or the original Argan Oil.

This product is a staple in my evening routine. I ran out and after a few days without it my skin was definitely dehydrated. Once I stocked up again my skin was back to normal. That said, the packaging is terrible. After it is half empty the dropper doesn't work and you have to pour the rest out each time. A sacrifice I'm willing to take.
My more detailed review video is below.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I think this just isn't made for my skin type. I do have sensitive skin but it's not ultra dry which I think is probably the target for this product.
For me, this just sat on my skin like an oil slick I also dislike the smell, almost stale smelling is the best way I can describe it. Made my skin super soft but not worth it as it literally never sunk into my skin, I had to cleanse the residue off my face. Which was ridiculous. Also insanely expensive. Would not recommend unless your skin resembles a desert.