Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Milk

Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Milk

4.2

Aqua, Argania Spinose Kernal Oil (organic), Propanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Phosphatidylglyceryl, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really love this product. I have been using argan oil for a couple of years, but I love how my skin really seems to drink in this stuff, it does not sit on top of my skin at all. My skin just glows after applying it, in the Winter I will probably apply argan oil over this, but now that it is Summer it is fine on its own. I have only applied this at night after cleansing. I definitely recommend this and will buy again.

on 6/19/2016 3:39:00 PM

At first I liked it a lot. My skin felt more hydrated, tone was more even, perhaps a touch brighter. After about two weeks of use, however, I had the worst SD flare of my life. It took several weeks for my skin to heal. A woman at work noticed my condition and gave me some aloe gel that was a lifesaver (Aloe Life). I don't think it's the argan oil that did it, but one of the additives. I haven't tested pure argan yet though.

To Read all 35 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I received a 10ml sample portion in a kit and used it daily at night. I loved the texture of this and I prefer this product over the regular Argan oil since it sinks into the skin and doesn't leave an oily look. I would think about repurchasing this as part of my night regimen but I'm always excited to try new products so I'm not 100% sure I'll be repurchasing. My skin did look moisturized and I was free of any breakouts while using this product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I need to first say I'm a fan of most of the Josie Maran line. I use a touch of the oil in the am w lotion and use the milk at night.
I've had a rough winter w legit dry patches and the JM milk helped tremendously. No break out and skin feels great in the am.

There have been times when I've used a thick cream over because that's how dry my face has been and it never conflicted with any of my other product.

Pricey, but worth it.

on 4/4/2016 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This was...OK. I found the regular argan oil effective enough, and I didn't really notice much of a difference between the two. I really don't think it justifies the price of a full-size bottle, especially since the texture of this one is much less comfortable. I find it quite sticky and the film it leaves on your face doesn't really sink in. Under foundation it's not comfortable at all, but at night it's...tolerable, I guess. I'm going to finish the bottle I have (travel size; it's a pretty hefty amount for a small bottle though) and update the review, but it's been quite a few uses and I'm still on the fence. Probably not going to rush out and repurchase.

so. I bought this since I seen all the hype on YouTube and I've been having dry flaky skin lately. well it burns the cap outta my nose and chin, but the next day my skin has no flakes! so I guess it's worth it for now lol

on 2/10/2016 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The original didn't work for me (too heavy, didn't see a difference in skin or hair) but I love this version. It leaves me so hydrated and my skin just drinks it right up. Its a milky lotion texture, has no scent, comes with a hygienic droplet dispenser, doesn't irritate or break out my acne prone super sensitive skin. I haven't tried it anywhere but my face so can't comment on that. Def would repurchase!

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

Love, love, love this product! Up to now, I have not used the "holy grail" term because I thought that it was too dramatic. But now I've met my Holy Grail facial care product!

I have combination skin with dry cheeks. It's easy to find products to control my oily t-zone. But the challenge lies in my dry cheeks.

I tried Josie Maran's argan milk product on my cheeks when another line discontinued my hydrating serum. Up to that point, I was happy with using that other serum under my moisturizer.

But this milk product blows that other serum out of the water! My cheeks now have a healthy, dewy and not-greasy look when I leave them bare without make-up during the day. And the product still works overnight and during other days under make-up.

Here are a few tips in response to some negative comments. You only need one full drop that you PAT over your skin. Don't waste money by trying to use alot and spread it. This is a product that doesn't spread well. I'm noticing that I have several make-up and skincare products that work better through patting vs. spreading.

Second, I always use a moisturizer over this serum since it has a very slight tacky feel that helps to grab the moisture. But I save money on my high-end moisturizers since I need less hydration over the serum. Enjoy this milk serum!

UPDATE ON 5-4-16: This bottle lasts forever since I only use one drop in the AM and another at night. My 1-oz bottle has lasted me 5 months to date. I suspect that I have enough product left for at least 2 more weeks. So while the product is pricey to bring home, it's very economical given the long life of the bottle.

on 12/5/2015 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

My Skin:
I have combination skin. Overall it is fairly normal, but my chin and t zone tend to get oily. I get hormonal acne (perks of being 16), that usually gets flaky during the winter. I know that is super gross, but my biggest skin issue!

My Review:
First of all, I definitely like this more than Josie Maran Argan Oil. Mainly because it feels far lease greasy on the skin. So between these two I would buy the Argan Milk because selling a kidney to be able to afford both is not really an option. The Argan milk did not cause my skin to break out, which was great. But it didn't really do anything either. I found that the product doesn't last long at all (I used two drops ONLY at night!) And its already gone after a month! Overall, I think that this is just ok, and I probably wouldn't buy it again for $70! But if you were wanting to try one of Josie Marans products I would recommend her Argan Infinity lip and cheek tint in Everlasting Honey!

on 11/29/2015 5:02:00 PM

I received a deluxe sample size of this argan milk in the Josie Maran 500 point perk from Sephora. I have never tried any of Josie Maran's products and thought this would be a great way to try out her products.

This argan milk has a milky consistency. It's a bit thicker than actual milk but still rather liquid-y. It's not greasy and feels nice when applied to the skin. I find it does an OK job in moisturizing my skin but it's definitely NOT intensely hydrating as it claims to be. I have dry/normal skin and I don't find that it's hydrating enough (especially in the winter). You need to use quite a bit of this product or it won't really "spread" very easily and feels kinda tacky. I also noticed that the milk just sits on top of the skin and doesn't actually absorb in.

I have hyper-sensitve skin and this argan milk made my face feel itchy after about 5 mins post application.

It has a faint nutty scent to it. It's light though and doesn't really bother me.

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of this product.

Quite pricey too $70 (30ml). I will not be purchasing the full size but I'm glad i got to try this out.