Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Milk

Josie Maran Cosmetics Argan Milk
Argan Milk

Aqua, Argania Spinose Kernal Oil (organic), Propanediol, Glyceryl Caprylate, Glyceryl Undecylenate, Phosphatidylglyceryl, Sodium Benzoate, Xanthan Gum, Citric Acid

on 2/10/2017 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

So awhile back I ordered an entire kit of Josie Maran products off of QVC, and the Argan Milk was included in that kit. I've gone through an entire bottle, and I like it!

Josie has a ton of moisturizer products and claims that they all work best when used together - specifically, with her Argan Milk, she says it's best to layer on the standard argan oil on top of it. I don't know if you REALLY need to buy and use both, since Argan Milk works fine on its own. I have both, and I like using both together, but if you're really strapped for cash I would say buy just one or the other.

I have dry skin, and it gets considerably worse in the winter. This helps my skin stay moisturized, as well as healing flaky skin and breakouts. It also seems to absorb a bit faster than the standard argan oil.

There are two big problems with this product. 1) the price. Ouch. 2) The dropper. Why the heck is it at an angle? It doesn't work well and gets very difficult to get the product out when you reach the bottom of the bottle. I really hope Josie fixes that.

Otherwise, I do love this product and have already repurchased.

This product is a staple in my evening routine. I ran out and after a few days without it my skin was definitely dehydrated. Once I stocked up again my skin was back to normal. That said, the packaging is terrible. After it is half empty the dropper doesn't work and you have to pour the rest out each time. A sacrifice I'm willing to take.
My more detailed review video is below.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I think this just isn't made for my skin type. I do have sensitive skin but it's not ultra dry which I think is probably the target for this product.
For me, this just sat on my skin like an oil slick I also dislike the smell, almost stale smelling is the best way I can describe it. Made my skin super soft but not worth it as it literally never sunk into my skin, I had to cleanse the residue off my face. Which was ridiculous. Also insanely expensive. Would not recommend unless your skin resembles a desert.

on 1/14/2017 1:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this product over all, but it does seem a bit gimmicky to be honest. It's argan oil that's been cut with water and emulsified, the directions say to follow with argan oil, and this is actually more expensive that the pure argan oil. The bottle is really pretty, and would look nice on a vanity. Absorbs quicker, and better than plain oil, so it's a good choice for before makeup, and might also be suitable for oily skin. This also fits well into multi step/layering skincare routines, I apply after washing, but before my night cream in the PM, and before SPF in the AM. My skin is pretty dry and this work well when my skin is in normal dry state, this isn't enough for days when skin is really dry/parched. Cost is $56USD for 1oz, versus $48USD for 1.7oz or the original Argan Oil.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This sat on top of my skin and then when it finally sank in(many minutes later) it left my skin itchy and irritated. I really disliked this. Also the bottle feels empty and for the price I should be able to get tablespoons out. I am not a fan. Would not repurchase and I do like argan oil. This is a mix of different things and not just a milky argan oil.

on 12/20/2016 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I bought this after feel it because I just have never found a face oil that doesn't feel like it's just sitting on my skin. This sinks like a great moisturizer does. You don't feel oily after. I was surprised how soft and moisturized when I wake up in the morning. Most things feel like they dried up and disappeared but my face FEELS so moisturized with even hours later. QVC actually has a great deal where u get a full sized milk and the original oil, foundation and a lip goss for 10 bucks more then what I paid for just 1 of these at sephora. But if want the moisture face are supposed to give but don't like the way they feel, def try this!

on 12/11/2016 11:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I say this in just about all of my reviews as of late, but I think it’s important in this case; I am a new sufferer of dry skin (well, in on my cheeks and chin at least). You know, tight, flaky, uncomfortable skin, laden with literal rough patches. It’s lovely. I had tried just about everything under the sun (generally in the context of slathering heavy creams and oils on my face), but nothing seemed to do much more than just glide over the patches, leaving a temporary feeling of smoothness, but not actually solving the issue.

This is different though, and I think Josie Maran is onto something magic. The ingredients are incredibly simple (argan oil, water, and a few other emulsifiers), but they do their job and do it well. After about a week of this, the dry patches on my face had visibly calmed down, and I was back on the road to my dewy, glowing face of yesteryear; perfect. I would like to note that it suggests to use it morning and night, but I found that I was going through it far too quickly that way (it is very pricy, at $70CAD), so I switched to nightly only. I use it as my night “serum” (although it’s technically not really a serum), then layer moisturizer over it, but this is hydrating enough to suffice on its own and warrant skipping the moisturizer, if you want to. Also, caution yourself about the suggested amounts on the bottle. I believe it says 3-5 drops, but you will only need 3 at the MAX, and can probably get away with 1-2.

For a product that hydrates so intensely, this is incredibly lightweight and leaves no oily residue on the skin. No, this is not a miracle anti-aging product, but rather a simplistic and soothing booster to any skincare routine, especially during colder months when skin inevitably gets drier. That said, maybe it is a bit pricy for what it is, but it does work great, and I will repurchase unless I find something that does the job for cheaper.

Overall, excellent product. It does just what the name says, hydrates intensely, and comes in a fragrance free formula that is non-irritating and great for sensitive skin. I would suggest this to anyone at their wits end with dry, uncomfortable skin, or anyone who wants to enter the wonderful world of skin oils, but maybe hates the idea of greasy and oily residues. This sinks in beautifully and works like a charm (it can even be worn under makeup). Again, don’t buy this with the expectation of it replacing anti-aging serums, as it will not, but it DOES, however, do exactly what is claims to- Provides intense hydration. 5/5.

on 11/21/2016 11:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I only have the sample size of this, but I add a couple of drops into my regular night time moisturiser and I do feel like when I wake up my skin is supple and soft and there are no breakouts. I haven't been using this consistently for long enough as it is only a small size and I have a zillion other serums that are full size that I like to try, but this is a surprisingly nice addition to my skin care if only for the feel of it (and it doesn't break me out).

This is not necessarily an anti-aging product per se. This is just a feel good and hydrated skin care product. In my opinion you really only need four good skincare products: a retinol, a glycolic, an excellent hydrating moisturizer/serum, and SUNSCREEN!!!

My only caveat is the expense on this item, although it does last a while. I think it is a lovely formula and one I wish I could bathe in like the days of Cleopatra. I'm more salt of the earth and less Cleopatra, but I do like to take care of my skin. And honestly it isn't because I want to look younger as much as it is that I want to GLOW lol. Overall, I find this product a great addition to my regimine.

on 11/16/2016 11:51:00 AM

I got a deluxe sample of this along with the Argan Oil (really really love), the face butter (love), the cleanser (dislike) and this (indifferent). I am not sure if the full size packaging is the same with the dropper but it's a mess. Felt it was just OK. Didn't perform any miracles, I didn't lose 20 years from my skin, no one stopped me on the street admiring my skin LOL. No bad reactions, so guess I could say that my skin felt hydrated but they also suggest you layer this with the face butter then the argan oil on top so of course it felt good with that much product.
Would I accept a full size free bottle - Yes, would I pay for it -NO! I think there are better options out there for skincare, ones that are more effective and/or cheaper. I like the brand so please assess this for yourself. I think with some tweaks including lowering the price this could be more of a winner.