Clinique Superprimer Universal

Clinique Superprimer Universal
Clinique Superprimer Universal Face Primer

3.3

Water, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Silica, Dimethicone Silylate, Sucrose, Isopentyldiol, Algae Extract, Saccharide Isomerate, Hypnea Musciformis (Algae) Extract, Gellidiela Acerosa (Algae) Extract, Caffeine, Poria Cocos Sclerotium Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Morus Bombycis (Mulberry) Root Extract, Amorphophallus Konjac Root Powder, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 20, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, PEG/PPG-18 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Stearyl Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polyethylene, Isododecane, Acrylates/Ethylhexyl Acrylate Copolymer, Laureth-21, Caprylyl Glycol, Tocopheryl Acetate, Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Iron Oxides.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Honestly this is my favourite primer ever! I like the consistency as it is creamy and it makes my makeup last so long - no other primer has balanced out my normal/dehydrated cheeks and oily t zone so well. The packaging is great and it is good value so I will definitely but it again

on 1/2/2017 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have normal to oily over-50 skin. Combo skin is a bit of a pain, but things always seem to go better when I use specific products for the different parts of my face. Clinique Superprimer Universal has been great for mattifying my "normal" areas (cheeks, chin) without drying, and as a plus, it contains skin-repairing ingredients. Considering that I have to use a different mattifier on my oily forehead and nose, I appreciate that Superprimer Universal is a multi-tasking product that allows me to streamline my morning routine.

Although Superprimer Universal contains silicones, it is a water-based formula which doesn't ball up when used over my water-based facial moisturizing sunscreens. A little goes a long way with this product. Over-applying will not provide any additional mattifying benefits, and will make the primer layer too thick and mask-like, so I need to take care with how much product I use. The primer is a thick white cream, but dries colorless on my pale olive skin. It is fragrance free, with very little detectable scent.

I am a makeup minimalist, and discovered that if I use this primer instead of liquid/cream foundation, it will blur my skin texture just enough that powder is adequate to give a finished "skin but better" look. The primer holds onto the powder very well throughout the day, especially if I don't touch my face.

I find it difficult to give a full 5 stars to Superprimer Universal because it is expensive and doesn't provide long-lasting mattification on my oilier areas. However, the little tube lasted 6-7 months with the correct "sparing" application. I don't really know if there is anything else out there that has both mattifying and skin-beneficial ingredients. So, for now it is my go-to, and a definite repurchase.

on 8/9/2016 5:39:00 AM

I bought this primer because I use several Clinique makeup products. Since Clinique works for my acne prone, combination skin, I was sure this product would work for me.
I used to have severe cystic acne for about 5-6 years, I don't anymore but I'm still very hesitant to try new products because anything and everything used to break me out.

This product is lightweight and oil free and supposedly corrects skin discolorations. Its a white cream that glides easily on cleansed, toned and moisturized skin. This cost me 28 Euros at the Mueller store in Germany for a 30ml tube. Including this one in the primer category, there is also a light yellow color corrector for redness and another salmon one for discolorations.

It has no smell so right off the bat, I was quite happy about it. It absorbs really fast and creates a slight blurring effect. I did not see any pore reduction (I have a few large pores on my cheeks) or reduction in scar visibility though. My Clinique even better foundation applies very easily with fingers. Don't need a sponge at all.

But this primer does not increase staying power of make up beyond 4-5 hrs which was a bit sad really. It also did not blur the 2-3 dark acne scars. I have tried the Lancaster primer which was absolutely amazing but a bit pricey. At around 45 Euros it almost twice as much as Clinique. But makeup does not budge until I go to bed which is awesome. Immediately after application, pores are smaller and after makeup even scars are not very visible.!!
I'll definitely go back to it once I'm finished with this tube.

Pros
Moisturizes skin well
Make up glides on smoothly.
Allergy tested
Oil free

Cons
Does not blur imperfections
Does not increase staying power of make up
Contains silicones

The first time I applied it, I had a pimple on my chin, which happened again the second time I applied it too. But fortunately, since then my skin has adjusted to it and I have no new bumps anytime I use it. I like it, but I don't love it. I want my primer to reduce pore size and to make sure my make up does not budge through the day because I travel a lot and have no time to reapply makeup, which sadly this did not do well enough.

If you don't have scars or large pores like me this should work fine, but otherwise I'd skip it.

Update

After finishing the whole tube I found this primer made my skin very shiny around my T zone and cheeks within 3-4 hours of application. My eyeliner also developed a tendency to crack and overall make up just didn't stay put. The skin around my eyes would have a different color and the rest of the face would be different. Not a pretty sight. Sadly, I just don't think this primer was good for anything.

on 10/21/2016 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Prefer this to smashbox

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Uhh? Is this even a primer? It did absolutely zilch for me. No oil control, no pore smoothing, nothing. There are so many great face primers on the market that there's no point in buying a subpar one.

on 5/25/2016 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

It has a very silicone feel on the skin, did not make my makeup last any longer. It did make my foundation look a little bit smoother. HOWEVER I broke out every time I used this product and I know it was this because this was the only thing that I changed and I gave it multiple attempts spread out in time. I waited for my face to heal up from the acne I got after using and then would try again to see if it was the culprit and sure enough I would break out again the next day. I also bought a Clinique foundation so I was surprised when the foundation did me right but the primer did not.

I saw someone ask if it could be used as an eyeshadow primer and the answer is no. When I tried it, it made my eyeshadow ball up and flake and look muddy.

TLDR; broke me out in cystic acne and can't be used as an eyeshadow primer because it balls up. The results not worth the flare up in my skin, would not recommend.

on 1/15/2016 11:18:00 PM

I really like this primer. it keeps my makeup lasting longer and it feels like velvet on my skin.

on 4/16/2016 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Hmm what can I say and how do I start. The texture is a lotion texture and once applied to my skin it feels smooth and spreads easily. The only thing I dislike about this primer is that it cancels out any shine/moisture which can make my foundation less blendable and end up looking matte. I can't say whether this has helped make my makeup last longer but it does keep my oil away (in the t-zone). I would probably reach for this only when I'm wearing a dewy foundation. I think girls with oily skin will appreciate this primer since its catered for combination oily skin. Nonetheless, this is fragrance free & contains a large amount of antioxidants which are good for your skin so I'm happy with that :)

on 1/12/2016 4:04:00 PM

It's absoloutley brilliant for balancing my skin out, I apply to my cheeks and chin and it evens out texture of my skin preparing it for foundation. very little goes a long way, I use a small pea size amount for my cheeks and chin and this is plenty. makes foundation really easy to blend! The price is really justified by how much you use each time!! Another tip for using this is; if you have some shadow fall out or have blended out too much shadow and need to remove some. roll a cotton bud in some of this primer and remove it this way, the silicone will lift the product but keep foundation in place!

on 5/12/2016 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I'm surprised this doesn't have better reviews! This is the best primer I've tried. This primer helped me see the point in using primers. It fills in my pores, making my skin look poreless, flawless, and firm. It helps prevent breakouts from my makeup. I definitely see a difference when I don't use this. Using this over time has decreased my pores. They used to be huge and bumpy, and now you can't even see them. Definite must-have in my makeup collection and routine. Once my sample runs out, I will be speeding to the store to buy the full size. Love it!! Complete miracle worker.

Side note: I can't really tell if it makes my makeup last longer since I never had a problem with fading makeup pre-primer.