Caudalie Premier Cru La Creme Riche

Caudalie Premier Cru La Creme Riche
Premier Cru La Creme Riche

2.6

Water, Glycerin*, Glyceryl Stearate Se*, Coco-Caprylate*, Pentaerythrityl Distearate*, Cetearyl Glucoside*, Cetearyl Alcohol*, Octyldodecyl Myristate*, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil*, Ethylhexyl Palmitate*, Jojoba Esters*, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Hydrolyzed Yeast Protein*, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate*, Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract*, Polyglycerin-3*, Capryloyl Glycerin/Sebacic Acid Copolymer*, Palmitoyl Grape Seed Extract*, Hydrogenated Apricot Kernel Oil*, Diheptyl Succinate*, Propyl Grapevine Shoot Extract Olivate*, Tribehenin*, Parfum (Fragrance), Caprylyl Glycol, Sodium Polyacrylate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Benzyl Alcohol, Tocopherol*, Palmitoyl Grapevine Shoot Extract*, Pentylene Glycol, Citric Acid*, Ci 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), Xanthan Gum, Acacia Decurrens Flower Wax*, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Wax*, Carbomer, Ceramide 2, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Sodium Carboxymethyl Beta-Glucan, Sodium Phytate*, Polysorbate 20, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Citrate, Ci 77491 (Iron Oxides), Ci 77492 (Iron Oxides), Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol, Coumarin. *Plant origin.

I was very disappointed. I've used many other Caudalie products and I've loved 99% of them so imagine my disappointment when I applied this the first time and it pilled up and felt similar to putting wax on my face. It doesn't feel like it moisturized at all. It felt like I had a thin coat of very nice smelling waxy like moisturizer sitting on top of my skin that peeled or pilled off after 5 minutes even after exfoliating. It didn't feel like it soaked into my skin at all so I thought maybe I needed to exfokiate my skin more but that didnt work either. I used it for a month to see if it made a difference and to give it a chance to work but I can't say that it was moisturizing my skin at all. I couldn't wait to use one of my other night creams that work! It truly was a waste of money. It's a shame because I love most of Caudalie products (day time moisturizer and eye cream in the premier cru line are great and the elixet was just so so). Maybe they need to rethink or take a second look at this product and the serum which was mediocre and tweek it before it ruins their reputation. I would also apologize for producing a subpar product and charging $163 because I know they care and that their other products are truly great! I just think the night cream and elixir were somehow overlooked because they feel great when you first put them on but they change texture and pill shortly after use. The reviews here and on other sites have the same complaints.

on 3/13/2018 11:00:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

don't buy caudalie products. they are good, BUT the company uses deceptive packaging to make it appear you are getting about 3 times more product than you actually are. They put products in ridiculously oversized bottles / jars that are much heavier than the actual amount of product. I expect more from products at this price point.

on 11/9/2017 3:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my all time favorite moisturizer. Works well under makeup and does not irritate my skin.

I was very disappointed. I've used many other Caudalie products and I've loved 99% of them so imagine my disappointment when I applied this the first time and it pilled up and felt similar to putting wax on my face. It doesn't feel like it moisturized at all. It felt like I had a thin coat of very nice smelling waxy like moisturizer sitting on top of my skin that peeled or pilled off after 5 minutes even after exfoliating. It didn't feel like it soaked into my skin at all so I thought maybe I needed to exfokiate my skin more but that didnt work either. I used it for a week to see if it made a difference and to give it a chance to work but I can't say that it was moisturizing my skin at all. I couldn't wait to use one of my other night creams that work! It truly was a waste of money and is now sitting at the bottom of my vanity drawer somewhere. It's a shame because I love most of Caudalie products (day time moisturizer and eye cream in the premier cru line are great and the elixet was just so so). Maybe they need to rethink or take a second look at this product and the serum which was mediocre and tweek it before it ruins their reputation. I would also apologize for producing a subpar product and charging 158.00 dollars because I know they care and that their other products are truly great! I just think the night cream and elixir were somehow overlooked because they feel great when you first put them on but they change texture and pill after 5-10 minutes. The reviews here and on other sites have the same complaints. I will still buy the divine oil, and the premier cru daytime moisturizer but not the night time moisturizer or the premier cru elixir/serum in this line. Sorry

on 2/5/2016 3:22:00 AM

I told the girl at Sephora I needed a heavier duty moisturiser for the winter and she recommended this and I don't know what got into me, but after trying it out, I bought it. It absolutely does what I need it to do keeping my skin really well hydrated in the winter. In LA, it's not such a bad winter, but my skin still gets dry from it!

The creme feels and smells really luxurious and I actually try to quiet down my toddler so I can enjoy putting it on in peace. It definitely does what I need it to do and leaves me with a healthy dewy look all day and I find myself stroking my face from time to time. On an icy day, it will disappear, but on a warmer day (69 degrees?) I can feel it on top working all day. It's feels like time release to me and never greasy to start!

The bad part is the price. I spend a lot of time between that enjoyment, careful not to use too much, plotting how I could ever afford to buy this again, thinking I should have returned it, trying to determine how long this jar will last and subsequently, how much it would cost a year, what discounts I can apply, etc etc. So that takes some of the joy out of it! I can afford it, but damn, $158 is a lot to spend on a cream. It's been three months and I'm still not comfortable with it!

I haven't used it in summer yet, but I'm hoping I'll be happy to go back to my previous summer moisturiser so I can feel better about going back to this next winter!

on 12/28/2014 6:06:00 PM

This cream is very good for dry skin and really does leave the skin silky, particularly in winter. The jar packaging seems a bit outdated. The downside is the texture. It has very little "slip" so it is not easy to apply an even amount and it seems to "drag" on the skin. I am a huge caudalie fan so overall i was disappointed in this product.

on 3/30/2014 6:10:00 AM

This is an extremely rich and moisturizing cream, but I don't believe it's worth the price (it's up there with La Mer) and I don't plan to buy it again.

As rich and heavy as it is, it sinks in nicely and I didn't find that it left my skin greasy. My only complaint about this product is that it pills up on the skin, which is a little gross. But I do like this as a night moisturizer when I need something heavy-duty.

But all it does is moisturize, there's no soothing or smoothing or brightening or anything that you might expect from something that costs this much.

I would recommend Clinique's Moisture Surge Overnight Mask over this. It is also extremely rich and moisturizing and only a fraction of the price.

Overall- wouldn't buy again.

on 1/26/2014 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Although this cream is really thick, I found it didn't moisturise very well and just sat on top of my skin and felt uncomfortable, and I would end up washing it off. Did not help with dry patches at all. It also balls up/pills on skin when you rub it in. Sometimes it just flakes right off. The odd thing is - sometimes it doesn't happen right away but a few minutes later, it just starts to flake off. This is really unpleasant and also just gross considering the price of this product.

In addition to that I dislike the jar packaging and product will often harden and become stringy along the sides of the jar (and all this in less than 2 weeks time!) and I don't like the fragrance either. The quality just isn't there.

I'd strongly suggest trying a sample of this before buying or even better, skipping it altogether for a more effective anti-aging option.