OPI Gwen Stefani Push and Shove Chrome

Filtered by age: 19-24
OPI Gwen Stefani Push and Shove Chrome

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have been wanting this type of nail polish for ages, but was unable to find it... until now! I love silver polishes, and have many of them. But they are either too grainy or not the right shade. I wanted Essie No Place Like Chrome, but didn't jump on it fast enough. I fell for Maybelline Mirror Image, but that's Unicorn Pee in the nail polish world (hard to find). So when this was pictured on a nail polish blog, I googled it and got the nail polish and the base for a very nice price on ebay.

It's very important to have healthy nails with no bigger flaws, because chrome polishes are kind of runny and thin in the consistency, and will make any bump or grind more visible than they were to begin with. So buff your nails and apply this base, let the base become sticky, then apply the nail polish. I use two coats, and let it dry for a good 10 - 15 minutes before I do anything with my hands. Chrome polishes scratch easily, but the sad thing about them, is that they seldom handle top coats well. The packaging for this product even says that the polish is only meant for one night occasions, and that you should not apply top coat. Which I totally agree on - I hit the town with this thing on and is meet by oh's and ah's from people. But I wake up the morning with scratches and peels and have to remove and re-apply to get the same fabulous effect.

It's a bit of a bummer that you can't make it flawless for a good 2 - 3 days like with a regular polish paired with a decent top coat, but I guess that's the sacrifice you have to make to get that kind of effect on the nails. This may not look that much of a big deal when you wear it inside in a dim light, but it looks great outside. It reflects the light in an almost white way, making it look like a mirror.

All in all I highly recommend this polish. It has this futuristic look, and works for all kinds of styles since the color is neutral and sophisticated, yet has a cool edge to it. Worth the money, and the only draw back is the short longevity.

on 2/19/2014 6:31:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this polish! It definitely works if you apply it as it says to.

Popular Polishes