Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream Eyes

3.0

Octinoxate 4.10, Titanium Dioxide 1.40, Zince Oxide 1.50, Water\Aqua\Eau, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone Silylate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Butylene Glycol, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Chamomille Recutita (Matricaria) Flower, Caffeine, Ethylhexylglycerin, Yeast Extract\Faex\Extrait de Levure, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Polyglyceryl-6 Polyricinoleate, Phytosphingosine, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Silica, Magnesium Sulfate, Propylene Carbonate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polysilicone-11, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Alumina, Laureth-7, Stearid Acid, Isopropyl Titanium Tristearate, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Icon Oxides (CI 77499)]

this product was a surprise for me considering it is from Smashbox. This under eye creme is thick. While it does not brighten, it does neutralize my dark circle. But even then, the coverage is not all that; they are still noticeable. Used with a setting powder, the effects are the same. It is ok concealor for dark spots/blemish, but it fails the reason it is marketed for.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Alright. Pros and cons.
PROS
Excellent formula. Doesn't crease or ball up or oxidize under my eyes, even under a heavy dusting of setting powder. Also lasts the whole day on my face.
Perfect color for extremely pale skin tones. I use Fair and at first I was highly skeptical. It's a bit more yellow toned and I thought for sure it would look strange. I was totally wrong, the slight yellow tones are amazing for counteracting the purple and blue from my dark circles. I can't speak to how well those tones would work deeper skin, but I highly recommend it to those with fair skin.
CONS
The packaging. It's an obvious flaw, and one I would usually call a deal breaker, but the product is so good that I deal with it. If you're unsure about this product, get a clamshell sample from Sephora. I do this with strangely packaged products so I can focus on the actual quality of the makeup and this time it really swayed my opinion.
The price is hefty considering this a BB cream concealer, (which is such a weird idea now that I think about it), but I don't mind putting a few more dollars toward quality base makeup.

Overall, I love this concealer, despite it's few cons. I would definitely repurchase, especially if Smashbox suddenly drastically changed the packaging to a doe foot applicator/tube.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I'm just going to get straight to the point. I have a difficult under eye area that tends to be very dry. This product is super hydrating and covers dark circles/puffiness/redness really well. Unless my under eye area magically becomes easier to work with, I will continue to purchase this product.

I know the packaging is a big problem for some, but I don't mind it. I'm using it for strictly under neath my eyes, but when I do get a pimple that needs to be covered, I simply apply to my finger and then apply to said blemish.

I have very fair skin with neutral undertones. The lightest shade looks a little too yellow when first applied, but blends out beautifully.

I actually like this as an under eye concealer, it's purpose. I find its best if applied one eye at a time and blended with a Beauty Blender (if you don't have a BB, you're missing out!) to prevent creasing and caking, then set immediately with powder before doing the other eye. It doesn't crease on me and has great coverage!
I agree the packaging is awful so I am giving it 4/5. Change the packaging to a tube and it gets a 5/5 from me.

I absolutely love this product! The skin under my eyes is very very dry and sometimes dry patches form. I also have some wrinkling under my eye! And for the 20 years that I've been wearing makeup this is the only concealer that doesn't crease on me! And it last on me all day. I just apply it under my eye and spread it out with a beauty blender and I get flawless coverage...I'm so happy I found this...

I love the product that comes inside the package but I HATE THIS PACKAGING.

I wish they would change it, because as is it comes with a nasty attached brush, you can't see when the tube is empty, and it dispenses unevenly.

That being said, I like the product a great deal. So, when I get a new tube, I use a sharp scissors to cut off the built-in brush, leaving just a tiny hole at the top that I can then use with my own concealer brush that can actually be washed. Clicking the dispenser still produces random results in terms of how much - and even IF - any product will come out.

Good even, coverage for under eyes and it doesn't crease for me. Still, if I found something better I would switch, since the packaging is such a disaster.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I'm sad to say I don't like this product. It does nothing for my under eye circles, the applicator is unreliable and yucky, and it's expensive. Won't repurchase and can't give away because it's not sanitary with that clicky brush. I keep trying to get it to work but it's a fail.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this concealer to try as a replacement for my HG Lancôme Maquicomplet. It was slightly less expensive and I use BB bream foundation already, so why not try a BB cream concealer right? The shade I have is light. I find the color to match my skin tone and is bright enough to waken my panda eyes. But there are a few things that I dislike about it:

A) The click to dispense mechanism is a hit and miss. Sometimes, 2 clicks will get me a bead large enough bead to cover both bags under my eyes plus a spot or 2 elsewhere. But, I'd say that only happens maybe 1 in 6 tries. I usually have turn the pen 6 to 8 clicks before any product comes out and the end result is pea sized amount that goes to waste.

B) this concealer is not long lasting. I typically only get 4-5 hours of wear before i require a touch up.

C) it's not opaque enough for moderate to severe blemishes

D) the applicator bristles are useless as they only smear the concealer on in a severely streaky fashion

All in all, an almost complete fail.

This is a great under eye concealer for my very fair skin. It has buildable coverage and doesn't crease on me, but it can settle a bit on dryer skin.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

had high hopes given what it promises to do but it doesn't deliver..weak coverage and creases. I'm 42 so finding good smooth coverage is hard but I'm returning thus.