2.8

price range

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

Up to this point, after using this cleanser for a week I can say "yes" to buy it again. I may change my mind but I don't think so. This cleanser is very good in my opinion. It hasn't dried my skin out (so far) and rinses clean. It is really fun to use. You put the cleanser on your face and rub it in for 30 seconds and then stop...and let it foam on your skin. I wait another 30 seconds til it's like dried shaving foam and rinse. It really is that simple. Do not try to create a foam in your hands the formula is not made to do that. I don't like the fact that there is 7oz in the bottle. When held to the light it looks like the bottle is a third empty. This is obviously having to do with the way the cleanser is made but seeing it makes one feel ripped off. It's too expensive, as well. These two things would keep me from buying it again but for right now I like this cleanser enough to overlook that. ***UPDATE*** after a couple weeks of use this began to give me pretty bad dermatitis around the eyes. Also made my skin rashy and itchy. A definite NO. Too bad, I really liked the foaming action. I have to say it clogged my pores and made my skin look rough and unclean. ***UPDATE***I will try again. I was using Sunday Reily Good Genes and my skin hated, hated it. I will update in a few weeks. A few weeks later- nope. This cleanser leaves a residue. My skin feels rubbery after I use this. After a few days it feels and looks like my skin is suffocating.

About reviewer (317 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

3 years ago

This is a cleanser I bought after reading reviews. It is fabulous. Love it. It's the bottle that says Foaming Facial Cleanser (Gently Enzyme Cleanser) You can get it thru a dermatologist or on amazon or at Dermstore.com It is not something you can get at a drugstore or at Ulta. (wish it was). I have re-bought it for me and my daughters several times already. It doesn't take much and with the right water to face ratio it will foam up like shaving cream and then this awesome thing happens. When you rinse it off it just feels like a clean face. It's that clean feeling; not that tight dry clean feeling or that greasy oily clean feeling.... just the good kind of clean feeling. Squeaky clean and simple. I follow with Pixi glow tonic toner sometimes or just my moisturizer. I used to get dry patches but not anymore. I use this and Vitamin E moisturizer from The Body Shop. I see people complaining about the samples not being the same as the stuff you get in the full size. I don't know anything about that I just started with the full size and that was all I needed to be SOLD!

About reviewer (25 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

EyesBlue

4 years ago

This cleanser is really good!!!! Me, too, I've used about three times the sample and I was not impressed. But, reading reviews from some websites that sell this items, it's 98% all 5 stars. I went to buy a full size bottle. Because during winter time in San Francisco, my oily combo skin become dehydrated from using AHA based cleanser (to keep my acne at bay). This cleanser is gentle, the feeling is different from the small sample sachet. My skin becomes balanced, it does not leave residue. The full size foams in my palms, you need to mix with a little water and keep emulsifying it. TRUST ME, full bottle and small sample of this is different, I don't know why. I will keep buying this cleanser. I love ELTA MD sunscreen, I've been using it for over 8 yrs. When they win INSTYLE mag a couple of times, that means something right????

About reviewer (230 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinAcne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

EyesOther

3.0

5 years ago

Like other reviewers, I received several samples of this, enough for about 2 weeks worth. It's creamy but not foaming at all. It leaves a slight residue that I didn't like. I've quite liked other Elta MD products and have been very impressed but I didn't like this at all.

About reviewer (156 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Not Sure

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

1.0

5 years ago

I am not impressed with this cleanser. To begin, it is fragranced. Not only do I prefer fragrance-free skincare products, but the fragrance of this cleanser is floral with a fruity note that does not blend. If I’m going to use a fragranced cleanser, I would at least like it to smell good. It also stings a bit, which is a feeling I try to avoid on my sensitive skin. However, the worst thing is that it doesn’t clean very well. It doesn't even remove Elta MD's own UV Clear sunscreen. In fact, it leaves so much residue behind that I end up following up with another cleanser, which makes this product utterly useless. <BR><BR> Ingredients: Water, Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate, Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Cocoyl Apple Amino Acids, Methyl Perfluoroisobutyl Ether, Magnesium Silicate, Methyl Perfluorobutyl Ether, Bromelain, Dimethicone Copolyol, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Isononyl Isononanoate, Ethylhexyl Isononanoate, Sodium Cocamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Hydroxide, Capryloyl Glycine, Undecylenoyl Glycine, Sodium Bisulfite, Fragrance.

About reviewer (737 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

EyesBlue

1.0
from

6 years ago

[I received samples of this, enough for about 5 uses] I received quite a few samples of this cleanser, and recently have been putting them to use. I know nothing of Elta MD, except it is brought up occassionally on the skin board for SPF recommendations. PROS: I can't think of any. CONS: When I rinse this off, my skin feels a bit squeaky clean, like rubber. The texture also doesn't work well with my Clarisonic (though most foaming cleansers don't excel - they need to be much thicker when they foam up). It smells pretty fragranced, and has what I think of as a retro soap/powdery-ish smell. I don't like that. OTHER: I'm not really familiar with most of the ingredients. It's not the usual blend I've seen. OVERALL: It's probably not as bad as the 1 star I'm giving it, but it's not good. This is an enzyme cleanser, something I've never used before, but one is just too much.

About reviewer (258 reviews)

Age19-24