Physicians Formula Super BB Beauty Balm Cream Compact

2.6

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 3.52%, Zinc Oxide 4.48% Inactive Ingredients: Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Polybutene, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Polyethylene, Dimethicone, Neopentyl Glycol Diheptanoate, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Beeswax, C10-18 Triglycerides, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon-12, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Cetyl Dimethicone, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Perilla Ocymoides seed oil, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Octyldodecyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Alumina, Aluminum Dimyristate, Caprylyl Glycol, Disodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycerin, Lysolecithin, Magnesium Aluminometasilicate, Neopentanoic Acid, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Stearic Acid, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Water. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide

I first bought this when I started using PF products and the packaging caught my eye. this compact cream made me look as if I had flawless skin, and I love that it has spf 30. so I put this on one day in the morning and then went out with my best friend later that day and she asked if I was wearing makeup and I totally forgot that I even put anything on, so I answered no, but when I got home, I was using a makeup wipe and I saw color on it and that's when I remembered I put this on. I used this in the summertime, so the light shade matches me. also some shades for PF products are not that consistent, this 'light' is a lot darker than others

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this as I'm trying to switch to more natural cosmetics, specifically foundation as skin absorbs the chemicals. sadly this compact is far too thick and sits a top the skin so it looks cakey and like a mask. my skin looked so oily. would not repurchase.

To Read all 19 Reviews, Login or Join

I got a $6 off coupon for PF products so I decided to give this a try. Comes with 8g of product. Retails for $18ish at Superstore. PF is up there in price for a drugstore product.

For reference, I have hyper-sensitive skin. It's normal/dry (moreso on the dry side). My skin is relatively clear. I have some acne scars and redness around my nose and cheeks. Also some darkness around my chin.

The shade selections SUCKS. Let's just get that out of the way. There are 2 colors. light and light/medium (which is basically ORANGE if you ask me). I chose light and thankfully it worked on my skin. The color adjusts quite well and matches my skin PERFECTLY. I'm a MAC NC 25ish.

Upon initial application it does look EXTREMELY dewy/oily looking. Once this sets though, it gives a more subdued dewy-ness. I really like the finish (keep in mind, i do have more dry skin). If you have more oily skin, you might want to avoid this product.

This BB cream does even out my skin tone and blurs out imperfection. It's not full coverage but I wasn't expecting it to cover all my flaws - one good layer was all i needed. I can still see minor skin imperfections when I use this foundation... however, in pictures, my skin looks even and flawless. Gives a your skin but better look with a healthy glow. I would recommend setting this with powder though if you tend to get more oily throughout the day.

This does transfer easily if you do not set with a setting spray. Even with a setting spray, I do find it transfers, just not as badly.

This is the only BB cream I have tried. Most BB creams contain titanium dioxide (which irritates my sensitive skin) but this one doesn't. It contains Zinc Oxide which is more gentle.

***UPDATE*** - the more I use this, the more I dislike it. The first 2 times I used this product, i LOVED it since my skin had no problems. Then after that, it went downhill. I do suffer from the minor breakouts here and there..and when that happens, this BB balm is just AWFUL. There is like zero coverage, it doesn't glide on as easily and made my flaws even more apparent. If you have problematic skin, I'd avoid this completely. I think they need to work on re-formulating this.

PF products are a huge hit and miss for me. This one is a definite miss (along with their city glow bronzer - Paris)

Also without a coupon, this isn't cheap at all. Wouldn't repurchase but will forcefully use what I have left.

1 lippie since it didn't break me out.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This is an okay product but I personally would not repurchase. It felt very cakey on my skin, and you couldn't notice this in person but if someone took a picture of me (flash or no flash) I would appear orange! It didn't break me out which is good but other than that I wouldn't repurchase or recommend.

All over even coverage, great coverage and it gives you a dewy glow. This product does not make my skin break out which is awesome too!

Do not apply moisturizer beforehand... It will be way to greasy with it...really wanted to like this. I have used other PF items and have been pleased. This color was a little too yellow based for what they called Light.

I bought this at Loblaws for half-price.
I really liked this product!
It didnt make my skin look orange or greasy, but that probably due to my combination-dry skin.
This product gave me a nice finish with a glow.
I would buy his again if it was on sale.

Do not buy the shade "light" if you are fair skinned (for reference I would be an nc10 in mac) because this thing is orange. Like legit, straight up orange! Also the shade would be closer to nc20, maybe nc15. Too dark.

What the heck PF. Why do they have such terrible foundation shades.

I have combination acne-prone skin and I absolutely love using this product. It's light and covers absolutely every imperfection on my skin. I use it alone without foundation and also as a concealer for trouble spots. It's good for about a month, but be careful how you store it or it will melt in heat. It's $20 CAD but always goes on sale which makes it really affordable. This is an essential product in my makeup bag!

I am really disappointed with all of these negative reviews.

SoundlySensibleBeauty pointed out that PHYSICIANS FORMULA BB COMPACT IS AN EXACT DUPE FOR MAC PREP & PRIME BB COMPACT.

This is not a foundation for people with oily skin. It is a light coverage foundation for dry skin. Period. The only negative aspect is the limited shade range, but light-Light Plus in Mac and Light/Medium =Medium-Medium Plus in Mac.