e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer

e.l.f. Hydrating Face Primer
Hydrating Face Primer

3.4

Dimethicone, Tridecyl Trimellitate, Dimethicon Crosspolymer, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Butylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Tocopheryl Acetate (Ve), Retinyl Palmitate (Va), Ascorbyl Dipalmate (Vc).

on 8/4/2018 2:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Like other silicone filled primers, this started leaving red bumps on my face in a few days...so did the porefessional by Benefit and others with a lot of ‘cones...worth a try if you are not sensitive to silicones...

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this by mistake, I meant to purchase the blemish control primer by e.l.f.; but I decided to try it since I already had it. It was horrible, I have oily skin so I wouldn’t normally pick a hydrating solution, but this was awful from the beginning. It feels greasy when you apply it and the feeling doesn’t go away, it sits on top of your skin and our foundation will slide right off your face! Never purchasing again

on 6/21/2018 4:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Other

I really like this primer I left my face feeling soft and smooth and kept my face hydrated and that I have dry skin I will be purchasing this primer again but I wouldn't recommend it if you have oily skin it may not work so well

on 6/19/2018 4:22:00 PM

I bought this because I wanted something that would hydrate my skin enough to wear powder. I does the trick. I use a minimal - emphasis on MINIMAL - quantity and, though it feels as if it never will sink in, it eventually does. Powder goes on well over it and I don't look like an Egyptian mummy.

So why the low grade? It is chock-o-block full of silicones. And, of course, it broke me out (a tiny zit, but enough to raise a red flag). With me it's almost mathematical. 2 + 2 = 4. My skin + silicone = zits.

I will not throw it away because I intend to use it sparingly and seldom, only when I want to use powder foundation. But girls with acne-prone skin BEWARE.

GREASY.

Love the blemish control primer, but this formula is too oily.

on 5/21/2018 7:10:00 PM

Goes on very thick and doesn’t allow for my makeup to blend in or stick, too much silicone to be a good buy.

on 5/8/2018 8:28:00 AM

Feels nice when applied but doesn’t make my makeup stay any longer. Feels greasy I feel my foundation is slipping around over this product. I don’t like the smell of it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I purchased this primer a couple of days ago and it didn't disappoint! This is a very hydrating primer, which is a must if you have dry skin. The consistency is almost like benefit porefessional. I think not only does it hydrate your skin it also minimizes pores which great! The price for this primer is really good. £7.50! Its infused with grape, vitamin A,C & E. The pump is also a great feature instead of a squeeze bottle.

This was moisturizing, if a little oily, but I think it made me break out. This is probably better for drier skin types.

on 2/6/2018 12:12:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

No sure why I got it, but as an oily girl, I can only use this almost as a moisturizer. I’ve been experimenting with it under my eyes as a concealer primer. But might have to donate it to a dry skin individual.