GLAMGLOW ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment

GLAMGLOW ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment

3.8

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Peg-8, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Powder, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Honey (Mel), Allantoin, Saccharide Isomerate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Polyacryloyldimethyl, Taurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polysorbate 60, Menthoxypropanediol, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract, Kaolin, Buteth-3, Trideceth-10, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Tris (Tetramethylhydroxypiperidinol) Citrate, Tributyl Citrate, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Coumarin, Linalool.

Glamglow is an expensive brand, and I was super excited to test drive a sample of Thirsty Mud. I love the smell of Thirsty Mud, a relaxing coconut, tropical fragrance. The smell took me back to Cancun, Mexico, in a good way. I knew, unfortunately, the moment that I applied Thirsty Mud to my face that it wasn't going to work for me. It was way too hydrating. The instructions were to leave on ten to twenty minutes, but I removed the product after a few minutes, because my skin felt like it was suffocating under the moisturizer. Glamglow Thirsty Mud may be an excellent product for people with extremely dry skin. I have been using the remainder of my sample on my hands, and it is working excellent there.

Absolutely adore this mask. It is my savior during cold winter months, when my dry skin becomes extremely flakey and dry. I use this as a sleeping mask as opposed to washing it off after however many minutes. Put a decent amount on my face before bed, sleep, and wake up with plump, hydrated skin. Nothing else works as well as this does. It's pretty expensive, and the tub seems small, but a little really does go a long way!

Meh - this mask isn't super fantastic so I would not purchase again. The smell is ok. It isn't like a clay mask that dries up and gets tight - it stays moist which was apropos for a "hydrating" treatment. I experience a slight tingle while on but I have not experienced any other adverse reactions in the last year.

I'm not a fan of jars like this for sanitary reasons but I use a clean spatula to remove the product from the jar and apply with a brush (which I cannot recommend highly enough!!!! I got a super cheapo one from hippie food store and I LOVE IT - game changer).

After I rinse, my skin feels soft and plump like I just had a moisturizing treatment (oddly enough). The effect is not lasting, though. I will use this up but I won't buy again because I don't see the value. I personally see more value in taking this cash and tacking a facial onto the next massage. OR If you were going to have a slumber party with 10 other people and you all pitched in for a spa night, then it would be worth it.

LOVE this. My skin is always super thirsty and this mask instantly soothes my skin, leaving my skin feeling dewy and soft. It smells like a combination of coconut, apples and oatmeal. This mask applies across your face like caramel cream without any stickiness. I will definitely purchase the full sized jar of this.

on 6/30/2017 1:49:00 PM

What a total waste of money. First of all the jar is tiny so you only get a very small amount of product. Secondly, it doesnt work. After following the directions I was left with a sticky face and no improvement in my skins texture, hydration or appearance. I have cheap moisturisers that work 10 times better than this stuff.

on 3/18/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Makes stressed-out, thirsty skin very happy!

I discovered this last year on a late-summer trip to Canada (from the UK), and boy did my skin drink it up! I was extremely tired after a long day of travelling (for a very short and intensely busy trip), with little sleep in the week beforehand, and ThirstyMud made me look the complete opposite of how I felt.

My skin was veering madly between dry and oily at the time, and while it didn't balance my skin, it at least made it feel more comforted and look brighter. I took it on the flight home and popped some on before landing, and you could almost hear my skin say 'aahhhhh'.

Only drawbacks? It tends to 'pill', so it's better on its own or at night. Also, it's a bit pricey so shop around.
It's rich and hydrating, and is a great little pick-me-up for those times when the candle is blazing at both ends. I love the coconut fragrance and the heavy jar - puts me in the mind of lazy days in the tropics.

If you're a frequent flyer, girl-about-town or in need of a treat, this comes highly recommended.

on 1/15/2017 9:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got a sample of this with my sephora order. Ive tried the white glamglow mask and I really enjoyed that for blemish spot treatments etc. This one though, was not my cup of tea. I actually could NOT get over the smell, and I'm not sensitive to smells typically. Yes it smells like coconuts, but to me it smells like fake coconuts. I loathe synthetic scents. On top of that, I don't think it hydrated my dry skin that well. The origins drink up mask is way better than this and is a fraction of the cost. I think there's too much hype on glamglow as a brand. It also felt really heavy on my skin, which I did not enjoy. And for the high price tag??? Good lord. Expected way more.

I love this stuff! It says on the jar to wash it off but I leave it on through the day as well as overnight. It's amazing! Just wish it wasn't so expensive! I have never had a breakout happen from this stuff nor irritation. In fact, I'd say my skin has improved significantly. Bravo, GlamGlow!

on 2/14/2017 3:37:00 PM

I have not found a moisturizer that truly gets rid of flaky dry skin until this moisturizer. It smells wonderful, and I can use it around my nose (where I tend to get very dry) and the next day the dryness is gone. I'm really glad I bought it.

Why I won't buy it again - it's so expensive! And I don't use it all over my face because it's too moisturizing. I use this as a "dryness spot treatment" and I think I can find something at the drug store that will do the same thing.

on 3/11/2017 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product so much after reading great reviews, but I didn't like it. I don't feel like it does anything to my skin and cheaper masks work better. Glamglow products are so expensive and I don't think the price matches the product.