GLAMGLOW ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment

GLAMGLOW ThirstyMud Hydrating Treatment

3.8

Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Cyclopentasiloxane, Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Extract, Peg-8, Peg-100 Stearate, Glyceryl Stearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Extract, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Powder, Olea Europaea (Olive) Leaf Powder, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Honey (Mel), Allantoin, Saccharide Isomerate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hexylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Sodium Polyacryloyldimethyl, Taurate, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Disodium EDTA, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Polysorbate 60, Menthoxypropanediol, Cetyl Alcohol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Glyceryl Acrylate/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Avena Sativa (Oat) Bran Extract, Kaolin, Buteth-3, Trideceth-10, Benzophenone-4, Sodium Benzotriazolyl Butylphenol Sulfonate, Tris (Tetramethylhydroxypiperidinol) Citrate, Tributyl Citrate, Aminomethyl Propanol, Phenoxyethanol, Fragrance (Parfum), Coumarin, Linalool.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

So, a jar of ultra moisturizing face cream walked into a bar and locked eyes with a hydrating facial mask. It was love at first sight. 😍 They left the bar, hand-in-hand, and started having babies together. Their hybrid offspring are these adorable little jars of GlamGlow ThirstyMud. And while their parents never married, mostly because marriage between a jar & a facial mask isn't recognized in any of the 50 states (or worldwide, for that matter), their love transcended the laws of man and their offspring went on to change the world of skincare. 😜😁
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok, all jokes aside, GlamGlow ThirstyMud is the bees' knees! It makes my skin look and feel so amazing and so hydrated! It really is like a hybrid between an intense moisturizer and a hydrating facial mask. I normally dislike using facial masks, because I hate the cleanup process. With this, all I have to do is wash my face and apply this to my skin and let it sit for 10 minutes or so, then wipe off the excess with a towel. It's that easy! My skin usually absorbs most of the product, so really there isn't much to wipe off at the end and sometimes I don't even need to wipe it off afterward. It feels slightly sticky at first, but that goes away after about 5 minutes. It has a pleasant cooling effect, which I really like.

The only *slight* downside is the strong scent. Don't get me wrong, it smells amazing, like the beach and coconuts, but I don't want to smell summer scents during the fall and winter seasons. It just throws me off, but maybe it's just me. I wish it had a season-neutral scent, if that makes any sense. The price is also a bit steep, but it's worth every penny, imo. It comes in two different sizes: 0.05 oz/15mL for $24 and 1.7 oz/50mL for $69. A little goes a long way, so one jar should last you quite a while. I purchased the small jar over a year ago and I still have plenty left. I use this a few times a week before bedtime and I love the way my skin looks and feels the next day. The packaging is super adorable, though probably not the most sanitary. I would rather the product come in a squeezable bottle, but despite that, I love how pretty the blue jar is. I totally understand why people love GlamGlow so much. Their moisturizers, masks & facial treatments are that good! Highly recommended! 💄💄💄💄💄

When I first started getting into skin care and skin treatments this was one of the first masks I tried because of how highly it is touted and marketed at stores like Sephora. I used two jars completely but never really noticed any long term results, but I must say I did love the scent. This was before I began doing more research on skin care products and ingredients. Knowing what I know now this product is not one I'd recommend because of the following: jar packaging, fragrance ingredients are not good for the skin, ginger is not good for the skin, and for the price there are much more beneficial ingredients to look for in the skin care products you spend your hard earned money on. My more detailed review can be seen here:

Glamglow is an expensive brand, and I was super excited to test drive a sample of Thirsty Mud. I love the smell of Thirsty Mud, a relaxing coconut, tropical fragrance. The smell took me back to Cancun, Mexico, in a good way. I knew, unfortunately, the moment that I applied Thirsty Mud to my face that it wasn't going to work for me. It was way too hydrating. The instructions were to leave on ten to twenty minutes, but I removed the product after a few minutes, because my skin felt like it was suffocating under the moisturizer. Glamglow Thirsty Mud may be an excellent product for people with extremely dry skin. I have been using the remainder of my sample on my hands, and it is working excellent there.

Absolutely adore this mask. It is my savior during cold winter months, when my dry skin becomes extremely flakey and dry. I use this as a sleeping mask as opposed to washing it off after however many minutes. Put a decent amount on my face before bed, sleep, and wake up with plump, hydrated skin. Nothing else works as well as this does. It's pretty expensive, and the tub seems small, but a little really does go a long way!

Meh - this mask isn't super fantastic so I would not purchase again. The smell is ok. It isn't like a clay mask that dries up and gets tight - it stays moist which was apropos for a "hydrating" treatment. I experience a slight tingle while on but I have not experienced any other adverse reactions in the last year.

I'm not a fan of jars like this for sanitary reasons but I use a clean spatula to remove the product from the jar and apply with a brush (which I cannot recommend highly enough!!!! I got a super cheapo one from hippie food store and I LOVE IT - game changer).

After I rinse, my skin feels soft and plump like I just had a moisturizing treatment (oddly enough). The effect is not lasting, though. I will use this up but I won't buy again because I don't see the value. I personally see more value in taking this cash and tacking a facial onto the next massage. OR If you were going to have a slumber party with 10 other people and you all pitched in for a spa night, then it would be worth it.

on 6/30/2017 1:49:00 PM

What a total waste of money. First of all the jar is tiny so you only get a very small amount of product. Secondly, it doesnt work. After following the directions I was left with a sticky face and no improvement in my skins texture, hydration or appearance. I have cheap moisturisers that work 10 times better than this stuff.

LOVE this. My skin is always super thirsty and this mask instantly soothes my skin, leaving my skin feeling dewy and soft. It smells like a combination of coconut, apples and oatmeal. This mask applies across your face like caramel cream without any stickiness. I will definitely purchase the full sized jar of this.

on 3/18/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Makes stressed-out, thirsty skin very happy!

I discovered this last year on a late-summer trip to Canada (from the UK), and boy did my skin drink it up! I was extremely tired after a long day of travelling (for a very short and intensely busy trip), with little sleep in the week beforehand, and ThirstyMud made me look the complete opposite of how I felt.

My skin was veering madly between dry and oily at the time, and while it didn't balance my skin, it at least made it feel more comforted and look brighter. I took it on the flight home and popped some on before landing, and you could almost hear my skin say 'aahhhhh'.

Only drawbacks? It tends to 'pill', so it's better on its own or at night. Also, it's a bit pricey so shop around.
It's rich and hydrating, and is a great little pick-me-up for those times when the candle is blazing at both ends. I love the coconut fragrance and the heavy jar - puts me in the mind of lazy days in the tropics.

If you're a frequent flyer, girl-about-town or in need of a treat, this comes highly recommended.

on 2/14/2017 3:37:00 PM

I have not found a moisturizer that truly gets rid of flaky dry skin until this moisturizer. It smells wonderful, and I can use it around my nose (where I tend to get very dry) and the next day the dryness is gone. I'm really glad I bought it.

Why I won't buy it again - it's so expensive! And I don't use it all over my face because it's too moisturizing. I use this as a "dryness spot treatment" and I think I can find something at the drug store that will do the same thing.

on 3/11/2017 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I wanted to like this product so much after reading great reviews, but I didn't like it. I don't feel like it does anything to my skin and cheaper masks work better. Glamglow products are so expensive and I don't think the price matches the product.