Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation

Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation

3.7

Active: Octinoxate 7.4, Titanium Dioxide 6.1. Inactive: Water, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Diethylhexyl Succinate, Glycerin, Nylon-12, Propanediol, Cyclomethicone, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Aluminum Hydroxide, Diphenylsiloxy Phenyl Trimethicone, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Stearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Trisodium EDTA, Aluminum Distearate, Tamarindus Indica Seed Gum, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Polysilicone-2, Vibrio Alginolyticus Ferment Filtrate, Algae Extract, Talc, Tocopherol, Sea Salt, BHT, Sodium Metabisulfite, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Curcuma Longa (Turmeric) Root Extract. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

on 3/27/2018 10:42:00 AM

The Buxom Show Some Skin Weightless Foundation is a great foundation for low maintenance days. This is light to medium coverage and spreads easily over your face with a sponge or brush. The formula is fragrance and denatured alcohol free, which I love. I also love that this contains SPF. This works great on my dry skin because it doesn't accentuate any flakes or dry areas. This is also pretty buildable and blends easily. I would recommend this, especially for people with dry skin who want a light/ medium coverage foundation. My more detailed review can be seen here:

Like others, I found this on sale at TJ Maxx and thought "why not try for $10?". I am really happy that I purchased it. This foundation has light coverage that can be layered where needed. Just make sure to let the first layer dry down first. It is lightweight and blends easily on the skin. I like to use this on days when I want "easy" out the door makeup.

on 12/30/2017 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I found this foundation at T.J. maxx for $10. I remember thinking- wow this is usually a more pricey foundation, and the color matches me pretty well, so I'll try it.
I'm so glad I did!
The color was "In the Buff." My skin undertone tends to be more neutral, but this color worked well with my skin.

My skin is pretty oily, so no matter the foundation or primer I use, I always get oily on my nose and in my T-zone. Still the same with this foundation but not as oily as I've gotten with others. I set with powder, and usually have to blot by the afternoon (but that's the same for all foundations with my skin).

The foundation really does feel weightless, and I find myself always reaching for this one. It feels light, makes my skin look radiant, and has SPF on top of everything!

Love it!

on 1/23/2017 6:15:00 PM

This is supposed to be lightweight, it felt very heavy on my skin. I have dry sensitive skin with an olive tone. I chose this one because it was a good color match but my skin did not like it. I have been using the hour glass hyaluronic skin tint and my skin loves it. I was trying to get a better color match but the texture of the buxom is just not good.

on 10/25/2016 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

OM....wow! I saw this at Ulta; tried a small sample and thought it looked pretty good. I read Paula's review on this and was impressed. I went back and bought it that day. Usually I cannot wear any type of chemical sunscreen. This does have a physical sunscreen (titanium dioxide) along with Oxinoxate but somehow it works...it really works. No redness, no stinging, no irritation! Oh my wow!!
I purchased tickle the ivory color. It seems to match flawlessly. It wears very nicely even after 10 hours and a work out. It looks very skin like and natural. I like that. It does have coverage but it is not heavy or cakey. It looks like your natural skin but better. I was so worried when the discontinued my all time favorite Still tinted moisturizer, I never thought I'd find something but this is amazing. LUV it ;)
UPDATE the OCTINOXATE in this is a hormone disruptor and made me have irregular periods. Will not use this anymore :( Back to looking may have found HG in 2Faced BB.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

MY HOLY GRAIL!!! i bought this foundation on a desperate whim with no prior knowledge about the product, i had never even heard of this foundation before. However, this is the only foundation i have found (ive tried Nars, Giorgio Armani, Benefit, Makeup Forever, and more) that has been yellow/golden enough for my skin tone. Usually i find that foundations are too orange when they say "yellow undertone". This foundation is not, and is the closest match i have ever found to my actual skin color.
The foundation is also perfect if you have dry skin like me. Gives a stunning, glowy finish, but sets well on the skin and does not move around. Feels just like my own skin, and looks incredibly natural, being nearly undetectable under any lighting.
As far as coverage goes this foundation is a step up from BB cream. Its perfect for me, but if you have strong discoloration or acne scarring you would need to a consider a more full coverage product. This foundation is perfect for every day wear, with the added benefit of SPF 30 for sun protection. I adore this foundation and will definitely repurchase if i run out.

on 5/21/2016 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I've been searching for a new foundation for awhile and I am so glad I found this one! The formula is wonderful (not too thick and not too runny), and provides build-able coverage. I am not a fan of full coverage foundation but I wanted something that would cover up my imperfections and this does just that.

It feels moisturizing on my skin and doesn't look powdery, flaky, or heavy. Also, I have not experienced any breakouts with this. It lasts all day when set with a powder, and looks great in pictures too.

I would definitely repurchase this! HG status for me :)

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like to try different foundations because my skin seems to get used to the same foundation and then doesn't respond the way I like it to. Since I am very dry, I need something that feels good, too. I purchased this at Sephora and Amanda R., the consultant, matched my color.
She also added that the coverage would only be medium. So I have been experiementing with this product. Fortunately, I do not need a tremendous amount of cover but enough to feel finished off. The foundation feels very light and hydrating on my face. It seems to last long enough, as well. Sometimes I will set it with Chanel or Korres highlighting powder.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

this took me completely by surprise. i don't usually pay much attention to buxom products but i randomly saw this on a blog & the color "tickle the ivory" looked like a good match for me. it's very pale, on par w/ nars siberia but less yellow. not pink tho, just a neutral beige, close to nars chantilly concealer. looks great on my ~nc10 olive-y skin.

it's a lighter coverage than i generally go for but i love the way it looks. i haven't tried many bbs/tinted moisturizers bc it's rare to find one in my shade (& cruelty free) but this seems slightly higher coverage than a tm. i do one layer all over usually w/ fingers (my preferred application method for everything) & add a little more where needed or just move on to concealer. it builds decently w/o looking cakey & doesn't accentuate pores. i have combo skin & didn't know if the more moisturizing/luminous texture would be right, but it's actually great. i just don't moisturize heavily before using it & set w/ powder. i've been super impressed w/ the way it wears, both in appearance & longevity.

other bonuses are the spf protection & the price (compared to other sephora-level products). i'm super sensitive & acne prone & have had no reactions. it's one of the best matches i've found for my skin & an unexpected gem for me.

on 7/3/2015 10:50:00 PM

I'm very fair with pink undertones and almost everything I've tried lately has been too yellow.
I purchased 'fair game'. I also bought 'in the buff' because it has more pink in it. Originally, my thought was to mix them to make the fair shade pinker but usually it just makes the over all colour too dark for me. I'll probably give 'in the buff' to a friend who is almost as fair as I am. By the time it's winter it really won't work.

I'm fortunate that my skin is pretty clear so I don't need a lot of coverage, but I like a bit of tint in my sun protection. Also, my skin is normal to slightly dry, so I don't get any problems with this making me oily. A few times when I hadn't moisturized enough before hand this foundation highlighted the dry spots by making them look dryer and strangely flaky.

This tinted moisturizer is deceptive. It seems more sheer than it really is. I often look like I'm not wearing any makeup, yet when I go to take it off there's a lot on my cotton squares. So it's there and covering more than I think it is. It can even fool me at times.

The 'fair game' colour works but in certain light I can tell that it's slightly more yellow than I am naturally. However, the sheerness blends with my skin quite well. It probably covers up my tendency to blush a little. For now this seems like my best choice in tinted moisturizers.

Up until now I've been using LM 'porcelain' and Nars 'terre neuve', 'finland' is way too yellow for me. Sometimes the Nars oxidizes a bit and the LM sometimes looks chalky and like it's sitting and not blending with my skin. They have been my best bet until trying this new Buxom TM.