NYX Butter Lipstick

NYX Butter Lipstick
Butter Lipstick Butter Lipstick Butter Lipstick Butter Lipstick

3.6

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de candelilla, Polyethylene, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire microcristalline, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This is awesome! I got it in the color Pops (Root Beer Float), and it is the perfect subtle, mauve-y nude for my lighter olive skin. It has a nice creamy formula that won't dry out your lips. It does have some issues with transfer and isn't the most long-wearing lipstick, but for day-to-day wear it is great! Would definitely buy again.

on 2/3/2017 6:40:00 AM

I have tried many of the NYX butter glosses and am a huge fan. I decided to see what the butter lipsticks were like too. I like these as well. I picked up Fizzies, Fireball and Pops. I think they go on very nice and smooth, they don't feel sticky or heavy which I appreciate. I am more of a gloss person, I like lipstick but I don't care for anything too heavy or sticky. These fit the bill for me.

Pops (renamed Root Beer Float) is the best color on me, it's a nice mauvey color which is a nice neutral. I find that I can't wear many pinks or purples but mauve or rose colors work well for me. Angel Food Cake from the butter gloss is a rose mauve I can wear too.

Fizzies and Fireball are very similar in color and I probably didn't need both of them. Fizzies is more of a bright pinky coral, where Fireball is a red coral. I think both of them are on the sheerer side which works better for me as I can control the color by building it up. These are brighter on me but not too over the top which works well, for those who might want to try something brighter but are nervous about wearing a red, these may be an option.

I don't think these are really long lasting, personally that doesn't bother me. I am used to applying gloss regularly so it's not a big deal. These are a little shiny but not overly so, even though I am a gloss person there are days I am not in the mood for shine so these are a great alternative.

I like these and I would repurchase again, for sure Pops and Fizzies, maybe Fireball, I think they are a nice buy. I may try some of the other shades though there are a lot that are pinky, purple or really light so they would likely be a miss anyway. There are some reasonably new shades though that I may give a try. Snack Shack is a nice browny color that is nice too.

I give these 4 and a half stars. I like the butter glosses more but these are great too. Definite repurchase for me.

goes on smooth, is pretty and pigmented, but isn't long-lasting in the slightest. it looks really good while it's on, though - moreover, the packaging isn't entirely my favourite, but for the price, i can't quite complain. my mother's had several instances of the lipstick bullet completely falling out the tube, though. so she's on the fence about this product, too.

I have the shade sweet tart and I'm in love. I have very dry lips and this is really moisturising for me. Also very pigmented, it dries to a semi matte rosy pink MLBB shade after a few hours. It fades well too, not flakey at all. So worth the money!

on 5/14/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in the shade Root Beer Float. I bought this on a wimp, simply because I've never really jumped on the NYX train that most of my friends are on, so I wanted to see what the fuss is all about. My personal verdict : Not worth the hype. The lipstick itself is just okay, lasting about 2++ hours without reapplying/eating. However, the real problem I have is with the packaging. It is absolutely horrendous, well, to me that is.

I recently picked this up on a trip to Berlin and I'm really impressed with it - it has a lovely, creamy texture which makes it feel great on the lips but it somehow stays fairly matte aswell.

I have it in the shade 'Little Susie' which is a mid pink and I love how it gives a nice pop of colour. In terms of lasting power, it definitely lasted longer than I expected - I applied it at about 6 or 7 pm on NYE and it stayed put until gone 4am, so that was really impressive.

I think I bought this for about 5 or 6 euros so around 4 pounds which is far cheaper than a lot of other lipsticks for example from Maybelline and much better quality - I love it :)

I got the Pops color in an Ipsy bag. It's moisturizing and a great every day color. The color isn't super long lasting, but it lasts longer than some other similar "butter" type lip products that I've tried. I probably would not repurchase though because I prefer something longer lasting.

on 11/20/2015 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like the two butter lipsticks I have. They are glossy but so much like a lip gloss, moisturizing, and easy to put on. It reminds me of a tinted Chapstick but slicker feeling. I don't need lip liner with these although sometimes I will use one. Hubba Bubba is my favorite, a cool, blue light baby pink. It definitely complements against my fair skin. On me it comes off as a slight nude light pink. Super pretty. I love pairing it with smoky or bold eyes. My lips look great after two quick costs. My fiancé even commented that it looked sexy on me. I also own Fun Size, a peachy pink. I pair this with lighter eye makeup and it looks natural but still beautiful. I want to try a more purple berry color next. As always I love NYX and their products.

Smooth going on, does kinda not stay for very long. Has a lot of different colors to choose from. not too keen on the smell of some of them. Some were bland and had no smell. Would I buy it again? Yes as a cheapie lipstick.

on 11/11/2015 1:41:00 PM

Goes on smoothly and easily, was still bright after 4 hours of work and some eating and drinking. I got the juju shade which is a slightly orangey red. Great basic lipstick at this price point.