NYX Butter Lipstick

NYX Butter Lipstick
Butter Lipstick Butter Lipstick Butter Lipstick Butter Lipstick

3.6

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de candelilla, Polyethylene, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire microcristalline, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I want to rate this higher, because the colours and texture are so good (I have Fire Brick) - but (a) it disappears from my lips unacceptably quickly, and (b) the lipstick broke in half inside the tube (seemingly on its own, owing to its 'buttery' texture). This must be the shortest-lasting lipstick I've ever worn. A drink of water and it's already performing its vanishing act.
Will probably buy other items from NYX, but not from the Butter Lipstick line.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Boardwalk: an almost matte light peachy nude. I do mean a peachy *nude* - it's unlikely to pull orange on anyone. It's light just bordering on pale, which makes it good for those of us who crave the 'mod' pale lip look, but are too fair to actually pull it off. Another nice one for us warm-to-neutral toned ghosts, although it plays a distant second fiddle to my favorite shade in this category, MAC Koi Coral Cremesheen.

Root Beer Float: a medium nude mauve creme. It's a bit too brown, and looks muddy on my lips. 99% of the nudes that flatter me are pink, peach, or even coral based, so I should have known better. This, however, will be a perfect nude shade for many people!

The formula is a tiny bit drying, which I didn't expect considering the 'butter' part, but not enough to put me off this great shade.

on 2/26/2017 12:58:00 AM

This is really fun lipstick that works for all makeup skill levels. I would recommend this for your teen who's just getting into more intricate looks, as this is a nice healthy lipstick formula that isn't TOO bold. The one I have is a deep red, but didn't pop a whole lot, it just complimented my lips really nicely without being too overpowering. It blends really well, and would go great with a lip liner for those who want a stronger look and are more experienced in full makeup looks. The feel and application of this lipstick is just like it sounds! It goes on like butter! Super smooth, soft, and totally void of that sticky drying feeling that your standard lipstick has.

My favorite aspect of this product (and this is from experience), is that I would feel confidant applying it without a mirror, and without applying a primer or lip balm before hand. Very few lipsticks are like that! Most would not go on as easily, and would need more attention and precision, but it blends so well, and has a more natural application in it's coloration, so you can apply this on the go, and just use it as a moisturizer and coloring tool to go! This is going in my quick makeup kit routine. Moisturizer, spf powder, Nyx butter Lipstick, and BAM! Ready for anything!

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

This is awesome! I got it in the color Pops (Root Beer Float), and it is the perfect subtle, mauve-y nude for my lighter olive skin. It has a nice creamy formula that won't dry out your lips. It does have some issues with transfer and isn't the most long-wearing lipstick, but for day-to-day wear it is great! Would definitely buy again.

on 2/3/2017 6:40:00 AM

I have tried many of the NYX butter glosses and am a huge fan. I decided to see what the butter lipsticks were like too. I like these as well. I picked up Fizzies, Fireball and Pops. I think they go on very nice and smooth, they don't feel sticky or heavy which I appreciate. I am more of a gloss person, I like lipstick but I don't care for anything too heavy or sticky. These fit the bill for me.

Pops (renamed Root Beer Float) is the best color on me, it's a nice mauvey color which is a nice neutral. I find that I can't wear many pinks or purples but mauve or rose colors work well for me. Angel Food Cake from the butter gloss is a rose mauve I can wear too.

Fizzies and Fireball are very similar in color and I probably didn't need both of them. Fizzies is more of a bright pinky coral, where Fireball is a red coral. I think both of them are on the sheerer side which works better for me as I can control the color by building it up. These are brighter on me but not too over the top which works well, for those who might want to try something brighter but are nervous about wearing a red, these may be an option.

I don't think these are really long lasting, personally that doesn't bother me. I am used to applying gloss regularly so it's not a big deal. These are a little shiny but not overly so, even though I am a gloss person there are days I am not in the mood for shine so these are a great alternative.

I like these and I would repurchase again, for sure Pops and Fizzies, maybe Fireball, I think they are a nice buy. I may try some of the other shades though there are a lot that are pinky, purple or really light so they would likely be a miss anyway. There are some reasonably new shades though that I may give a try. Snack Shack is a nice browny color that is nice too.

I give these 4 and a half stars. I like the butter glosses more but these are great too. Definite repurchase for me.

ETA - Pops/Root Beer Float is a holy grail color for me, really like it. I have also tried Snack Shack and that's a nice browny nude color with a hint of mauve in it. Fizzies and Fireball are really nice colors but after testing these out a while I think they are a little bright on me, so I will likely not repurchase those, plus they are both pretty similar in color. When spring arrives and I am in the mood for a bright color I will likely reach for Peach Cobbler in the butter gloss over these. Oh well, they are fun to try anyway even if some of the shades don't exactly work out in the end.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

goes on smooth, is pretty and pigmented, but isn't long-lasting in the slightest. it looks really good while it's on, though - moreover, the packaging isn't entirely my favourite, but for the price, i can't quite complain. my mother's had several instances of the lipstick bullet completely falling out the tube, though. so she's on the fence about this product, too.

I have the shade sweet tart and I'm in love. I have very dry lips and this is really moisturising for me. Also very pigmented, it dries to a semi matte rosy pink MLBB shade after a few hours. It fades well too, not flakey at all. So worth the money!

on 5/14/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in the shade Root Beer Float. I bought this on a wimp, simply because I've never really jumped on the NYX train that most of my friends are on, so I wanted to see what the fuss is all about. My personal verdict : Not worth the hype. The lipstick itself is just okay, lasting about 2++ hours without reapplying/eating. However, the real problem I have is with the packaging. It is absolutely horrendous, well, to me that is.

I recently picked this up on a trip to Berlin and I'm really impressed with it - it has a lovely, creamy texture which makes it feel great on the lips but it somehow stays fairly matte aswell.

I have it in the shade 'Little Susie' which is a mid pink and I love how it gives a nice pop of colour. In terms of lasting power, it definitely lasted longer than I expected - I applied it at about 6 or 7 pm on NYE and it stayed put until gone 4am, so that was really impressive.

I think I bought this for about 5 or 6 euros so around 4 pounds which is far cheaper than a lot of other lipsticks for example from Maybelline and much better quality - I love it :)

I got the Pops color in an Ipsy bag. It's moisturizing and a great every day color. The color isn't super long lasting, but it lasts longer than some other similar "butter" type lip products that I've tried. I probably would not repurchase though because I prefer something longer lasting.