NYX Butter Lipstick

NYX Butter Lipstick
image 1image 2image 3image 4

3.5

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Diisostearyl Malate, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Bis-Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate-2, Octyldodecanol,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Oleyl Alcohol, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/Candelilla Cera/Cire de candelilla, Polyethylene, Ceresin, Microcrystalline Wax/Cera Microcristallina/Cire microcristalline, Tocopheryl Acetate, BHA, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Amyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Citral, Citronellol, Eugenol, Geraniol, Hexyl Cinnamal, Limonene, Linalool, Fragrance/Parfum. MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Red 6 (CI 15850), Red 7 (CI 15850), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090).

on 5/29/2016 3:11:00 PM

I really wanted to like this lipstick, but it just didn't work for me! I usually have slightly dry lips so I moisturize them the best I can. However, this lipstick seems to stick to every single dry spot on my lips, causing the application to be clumpy and uneven. It just doesn't spread the way I want it to, and the color payoff is awful.

Shade: BLS09 Candy Buttons Bonbons
Products Used Up: 0

I have the shade sweet tart and I'm in love. I have very dry lips and this is really moisturising for me. Also very pigmented, it dries to a semi matte rosy pink MLBB shade after a few hours. It fades well too, not flakey at all. So worth the money!

To Read all 86 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/14/2016 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have this in the shade Root Beer Float. I bought this on a wimp, simply because I've never really jumped on the NYX train that most of my friends are on, so I wanted to see what the fuss is all about. My personal verdict : Not worth the hype. The lipstick itself is just okay, lasting about 2++ hours without reapplying/eating. However, the real problem I have is with the packaging. It is absolutely horrendous, well, to me that is.

I recently picked this up on a trip to Berlin and I'm really impressed with it - it has a lovely, creamy texture which makes it feel great on the lips but it somehow stays fairly matte aswell.

I have it in the shade 'Little Susie' which is a mid pink and I love how it gives a nice pop of colour. In terms of lasting power, it definitely lasted longer than I expected - I applied it at about 6 or 7 pm on NYE and it stayed put until gone 4am, so that was really impressive.

I think I bought this for about 5 or 6 euros so around 4 pounds which is far cheaper than a lot of other lipsticks for example from Maybelline and much better quality - I love it :)

I got the Pops color in an Ipsy bag. It's moisturizing and a great every day color. The color isn't super long lasting, but it lasts longer than some other similar "butter" type lip products that I've tried. I probably would not repurchase though because I prefer something longer lasting.

on 11/20/2015 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I really like the two butter lipsticks I have. They are glossy but so much like a lip gloss, moisturizing, and easy to put on. It reminds me of a tinted Chapstick but slicker feeling. I don't need lip liner with these although sometimes I will use one. Hubba Bubba is my favorite, a cool, blue light baby pink. It definitely complements against my fair skin. On me it comes off as a slight nude light pink. Super pretty. I love pairing it with smoky or bold eyes. My lips look great after two quick costs. My fiancé even commented that it looked sexy on me. I also own Fun Size, a peachy pink. I pair this with lighter eye makeup and it looks natural but still beautiful. I want to try a more purple berry color next. As always I love NYX and their products.

Smooth going on, does kinda not stay for very long. Has a lot of different colors to choose from. not too keen on the smell of some of them. Some were bland and had no smell. Would I buy it again? Yes as a cheapie lipstick.

on 11/11/2015 1:41:00 PM

Goes on smoothly and easily, was still bright after 4 hours of work and some eating and drinking. I got the juju shade which is a slightly orangey red. Great basic lipstick at this price point.

on 11/10/2015 10:14:00 PM

I purchased this lipstick in Thunderstorm-- I absolutely love the deep purple shade. It really complements my olive skin and green eyes. I gave it 4 lippies because it tends to slide around and bleed a little. I'll have to try it with a liner. Other than that, the pigmentation is great and I will be purchasing more in the future!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I absolutely hate these! I bought three different, diverse shades after having problems, hoping the line was just inconsistent but i had similar results with all three. Unfortunately i do not the remember the names and have since given them away. I first purchased a nude shade, then a red, and last a coral pink. They apply streaky and do not last at all. They cling to dry patches worse than any of my matte lipsticks. I gave these several chances (all three shades were purchased over a period of about five months). I absolutely do not understand the hype around them.