no images

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

This is an excellent foundation and goes on sale, so it's a fantastic deal. Not only was the color match great, but it made me look much better when wearing it. The thick liquid consistency is not easy to spread but with a moisturizer underneath it works. My uneven, blotchy and scarred complexion really was transformed. However, this transformation only lasted until early afternoon. I do use blotting sheets throughout the day so that may contributed to its demise. I prefer this to Miracle Worker foundation, which is good too.

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Coarse

2.0

4 years ago

Yikes! This is one of those foundations that at first you fall in love with. You put it on, it's lightweight, it blends, and it's pure perfection......until 2 hours later. It oxidizes, shows every pore, every imperfection and becomes an oily mess. Couldn't wait to take this off!

About reviewer (160 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

5 years ago

I have used a heavy coverage foundation my whole life. I just liked the look. Used Mac Studio a lot (winter NC30). Smooth. In my 40's I developed very dry skin and acne. Went in Ulta to buy Smashbox long wear foundation. It is a heavy coverage :). An Ulta employee said nope, had me sit in the makeover chair, and used this foundation on my skin instead. I was very very hesitant since I had not read reviews about it at the time ( it seemed like a light coverage! my pimples!). Much to my surprise when I came home my husband said how much more natural and pretty it looked on my skin. I wore it the next day with the Hope in a Jar primer, which I was also how's it going to buy (Smash box has great reviews). Asked bunch of my besties and for sure, they said this foundation looks so much better and natural. I did feel the coverage lasted mostly all day but of course I was using the primer. Not sure if that made a difference or its just the foundation lasted. I found it seeped into my cracked on my face less emphasizing the wrinkles a bit. I also did feel that it covered my acne as well. Must add, used a green tint (Phys. Formula) concealer after I put on the primer which I do think significantly helped to cover some of my redness of the acne scars (they are mild). Part of me still misses the heavy coverage but I did feel this completely did what I needed it to do, so maybe just old habits are hard to break? Update: Transfered on everything . Too bad. By end of day some red acne scars showing. Removed a lippie. Returned product. Was nice, not for me though

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinDry, Olive, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

5 years ago

I am overall really happy with this foundation. It must not be very popular, because I couldn't find much info online, and the SA at ulta didn't know much about it either (including whether it was oil free or not. It says nothing either way on the package, but I have gathered that it IS oil free.) I would describe the look on my skin as luminous. My skin has been CRAZY this winter, and otherwise good foundations are making my face irritated and highlighting dry patches no matter how much I exfoliate and moisturize. This shows my stubborn dry patches also, but not nearly as bad as anything else I've tried. It's very fluid, reminded me a bit of Urban Decay naked skin in that regard. But I like that because I feel like I use less that way. And my face looks quite pretty and glowy when I'm wearing it, which is saying a lot given the difficult state of my skin right now! And it seems to last well on me. It's not at Estée Lauder double wear levels, but it doesn't disintegrate a few hours in either. A few reasons I don't give five stars. It is a light coverage. I am not a full coverage gal, but this coverage is a touch too light to camouflage my age spots and uneven tone. It helps! But I wish there was a BIT more coverage. Even with my dry winter skin, my forehead and nose are SHINE CITY, and this isn't the best for that. I have yet to find a product though that does ok on both my dry patchy cheeks and my oil slick forehead. Lastly, I bought it for $25 as a beauty steal, I'm not certain i'll pay the full forty bucks for it in the future mostly due to how light the coverage is. But I probably would.

About reviewer (26 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

6 years ago

I have been using this foundation for about a month now and I am really liking it. I really like the bottle and the pump of this foundation. It is very clean and dispenses a good amount of product with one pump. I use about a pump/pump and a half with my stippling brush and it gives me a really nice coverage. I would say it's about medium-heavy coverage. I have oily skin and I do feel like it is too moisturizing and overly hydrating for me. I would say that this will be better for me as my winter foundation. I think this foundation would be great for people with dry to normal skin. So far I am happily impressed with the quality of this foundation.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Oily, Tan, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

6 years ago

I picked this foundation up from Ulta after reading a glowing review about it. I'm NW 15-20 and Shade 4 works beautifully. It's much more neutral than many foundations I've tried. One pump gives full coverage so a little goes a long way. The finish is natural matte and it holds up well throughout the day. I should mention that I have somewhat dry skin at the moment, so I'm not sure how it will work when my skin becomes a bit oilier in the summer. The only complaint so far is the smell. It's not terrible, but it can be a bit overwhelming when I first apply. Since this is a new product for me I will update my review after I've used it a little longer.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

6 years ago

This has quickly become one of my go to foundations. I picked it up in shade 5/nc 25. It glides on nicely with my real techniques EFB. It has a nice glow, not greasy looking and is hydrating. My skin tends to be on the dry side, so alot of foundations can make me look older. Its oil-free but moisturizes with hydralonic acid, which explains alot! The shade is very neutral, neither too yellow or pink. Its a solid medium coverage for me and lasts all day.

About reviewer (262 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

First I hate hope in a jar, the smell the texture everything about it. Naturally I was a bit skeptical to try this but I'm very fair often have a hard time with color match but #3 matches well, its the lightest shade go figure. I love the smell of this, perhaps philosophy can bottle this as a perfume. It would actually be the first fragrance I like from them. If you are looking for light coverage with some other hope in jar ingredients this is a good pick. I like the tube its a hygienic pump. I usually wear Asian bb creams but when I'm looking for light coverage I will reach for this. I would call this more between tinted moisturizer and a foundation. Not sure for the price I would run to buy it again.

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairOther, Straight, Fine

6 years ago

This is a really, really nice foundation!! Would never have thought to try it if Ulta didn't have a huge display of it in the middle of the store. I swatched shade 4 and couldn't believe what a great match it was for me - it blended into the back of my hand seamlessly. Finding a good shade for my skintone is incredibly difficult. I'm pretty fair with neutral undertones and most shades in foundations are so yellow. Not this- in fact it seems the shade range caters to those that are fair and neutral. Also I have come to really trust Philosophy skincare products for not breaking me out so that's just an added bonus! I don't want to jump to conclusions here but this just might be that thing that starts with an "H" and ends with a "G" for me.. ;) Try this out if you're in the neutral skin range (I'm NW20) and want a natural finish foundation. It is medium coverage and not matte -satin/ natural finish.

About reviewer (260 reviews)

Age25-29