L'Oreal True Match Mineral Instant Shine Eraser

L'Oreal True Match Mineral Instant Shine Eraser
True Match Mineral Instant Shine EraserTrue Match Mineral Instant Shine Eraser

Talc, Perlite, Triisostearin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol +/- (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides)

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I bought this when it was on clearance for 50% off ($7 instead of $14). True Match W2 is a nice match for me when I swatch the liquid foundation, and the crayon style concealer for W1-2-3 is a bit dark on me, so I thought I'd try the Light Ivory shade for W1-2. Sadly, it is too light. I love that the line offers yellow shades, but why aren't the colors consistent across the line?

Packaging is functional but it does have that useless sponge compartment underneath (I used an ELF retractable kabuki to apply when I was out and about).

Anyway, onto the powder formula.

It sucks.

It makes my face look like I dusted flour on it. It settles in my pores (I have big ones on my nose) immediately and gives that polka dot look. It settles in lines. It doesn't provide actual coverage of any sort.

I suppose it does cut down shine, but that's all.

I dreaded putting this on.

I got rid of it.

This was too dry for my skin and made my face look cakey.

on 5/31/2015 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This powder is ok, but I can't give it a better rating because of its horrible packaging. It broke within a couple of weeks. I kept carrying it around anyway, because for a drugstore powder it is a little pricy, but once again, the packaging broke even more, so it's basically useless to carry around, which is what I wanted it for.

The powder itself is ok, looks nice when it's freshly put on, but as far as long term shine control it does nothing. Still a nice, regular powder.

on 8/15/2016 10:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

PHENOMENAL – I LOVE this product! I think this may be discontinued but I recently purchased several off eBay for less than $5 which is less than half the original price. I have dry, sensitive skin with rosacea and I have to wear sunscreen every day which leaves my face shiny. Im always looking for a tinted powder to take the ruddiness out of my skin since I don’t wear traditional foundation. This doesnt give the coverage of an actual mineral foundation but its still very lovely. I bought the W1 Light Ivory shade and it minimizes the sunscreen sheen and some of the redness.

on 12/25/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I like this powder. It has pretty decent coverage and doesn't set into fine lines or pores.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I use the second darkest shade (forgot the exact name) as a contour because it is quite a cool toned brown which makes it perfect for contouring. This doesn't break me out and is such a nice powder. It goes on smooth and is easy to blend. I think it has a decent shade selection as well so if you use this as an actual powder I think this would be great for most people. The packaging however sucks. I put this in the back seat of my car, and with nothing else back there it magically broke. So that was disappointing but I also don't have to carry this around with me so I guess it is okay. I got this for $12.00 I believe so it's a decent price, especially in Canada. Will repurchase when the time comes.

on 12/26/2014 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

The ingredients in this powder are EXACTLY the same as the new Maybelline Fit Me Matte+Poreless Powder coming in Spring 2015. The Loreal pressed retails for about $11.99-$12.99. This powder from Maybelline has the exact SAME ingredients and it looks like it will retail about half the price. If you cannot wait to get your hands on the new Maybelline, try the Loreal one as it's already out there. If you cannot find your color in the Loreal, but like the finish, than maybe Maybelline will have a color for you!

Loreal ingredients:
Talc, Perlite, Triisostearin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Magnesium Stearate, Caprylyl Glycol.
May contain CI77891 Titanium Dioxide, CI7791, CI77492, CI77499 Iron Oxides.

Maybelline ingredients:
TALC PERLITE TRIISOSTEARIN PHENYL TRIMETHICONE MAGNESIUM STEARATE CAPRYLYL GLYCOL [+/- MAY CONTAIN / PEUT CONTENIR CI 77891 / TITANIUM DIOXIDE CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / IRON OXIDES ]

I think the Loreal has better more true shades than Maybelline, but Maybelline is about half the cost. All in all though - the SAME product!!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really love this powder as a setting and blotting powder. It is quite pricey for the drugstore tho. This is my second repurchase, which was about $12.99 at target :(. So sad that the prices for L'oreal products are getting just as expensive a Physician's Formula. Still love the powder tho. Keeps me matte for about 6 hours.

on 10/27/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

This pressed powder is everything I wanted the Bare Minerals Ready powder to be but at a fraction of the cost. With the Bare Minerals pressed powder, I had to exchange it on two different occasions because I was incorrectly matched. The coverage was excellent, except it has a gray tint to it which gave the illusion of dryness and dull skin. After using the entire compact, I desperately wanted to search for a new powder regardless of price. The goal was to look for a powder that will keep me matte all day and not break me out.

After heavy some serious research, I mean sleepless nights, and yes it's that serious, I saw many positive reviews of the L'Oreal True Match powder. I went to my local CVS with the intention of purchasing it but when I saw the display to L'Oreal's new pressed Mineral line I couldn't say no! I bought this in the W-6-7 which is equivalent to medium tan or NC40-42. This color matched me perfectly and as far as the coverage, it keeps me matte for over 8 hours. The powder gives a light coverage but it is buildable to a medium. I don't reapply during the day yet I don't look like a grease ball. With that I decided to change my makeup routine which may seem unethical for someone with my acne; apply concealer only on any redness spots then use the powder and kabuki brush to set it. I love the airbrushed results and I have not gone back to using foundation throughout the face. And the icing on the cake: IT DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT!

The only downside to the product is the packaging, as the lid breaks within a couple weeks of purchasing it. I am on my second compact and it's happened twice. Other than that, it is a fabulous product that I will continue to repurchase.

I gave this 3 lippies because of the lightweight consistency,shade matching and it feels wonderful on your face. What I didn't like is that although I do not have oily skin, I only purchased this because the foundation I was using was incredibly greasy and I thought it might help control the shine. It did but not for 16 hours,more like 3.