Revlon Color Stay Liquid Foundation Combination/Oily

Revlon Color Stay Liquid Foundation Combination/Oily

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

So gutted i cant get a refund on this bought in sun beige it goes tacky and patchy what a mess tried with and without primer different moisturisers nothing works

Lipsticks and foundation. My two addictions. I've used so many over the years and love both.

I've been on the hunt for a foundation that looks good and wears great forever. I've tried so many. Smashbox. IT Cosmetics. Maybelline. Cover Girl. Milani. Lancome. I recently tried the fave ELDW and the shade was too light. Its an HG for many. But while the shade was wrong, I just wasn't impressed with it. Sure it lasted like a champ but it's too full coverage, even for me. And I didn't have $42 laying around to try ELDWL, so I headed back to the drugstore to revisit Revlon Colorstay, as I had made another attempt with it last year when they reformulated.

Being nearly 50, I decided to try the Dry skin formula. I don't think I even finished the bottle. This time I tried the Combination/Oily skin version, and I'm in love. In Smashbox I'm a 2.1. In IT Cosmetics Light is the best for me. In Maybelline and CG both, Classic Ivory is the best. But this one took a few tries to get right. Today I held up the Revlon next to a bottle of Maybelline Better Skin in Classic Ivory and found Revlons Fresh Beige to be the closest match. I was surprised how pink the Maybelline was compared to this. I had tried Revlon in Nude but it was a smidge too light for me, to my surprise. This speaks to how good the shade range is for Revlon. I believe they have 22 shades in this formula, so there's one for everyone.

No primer for me with this one. I'm not a huge primer fan anyway as I think a foundation should work on its own. I tried a primer with this, but found it made it feel heavier and cakey and didn't control oil. It also settled into my lines visibly, where without the primer I find there's minimal settling. A damp blender also works best for me with this. Two pumps give me a light-full coverage base. If I really blend it well I can use one pump for lighter coverage.

This foundation lasts my entire work day. I only start feeling greasy around nine hours with it on, and that's nothing to complain about. For a contrast, I wore Maybelline Better Skin to run errands today and three hours in I couldn't wait to get it off my face, and it had started to fail and wear off along with some serious wrinkles becoming an issue. Colorstay does not do this to me. Settling is minimal. A thin pat of this foundation on my lips also gives my lipsticks some performance power as well. We just got through a week of 100°+ temps in LA and this didn't sweat off. On top of those temps my a/c went out and it never moved inside my insanely hot house. I was a mess, but I was a fabulous mess.

Now that I've found the shade that works for me I don't see me straying from this again. It worked for me in my 20s and it's still working for me at 49. I'll gladly hand over my $15 for this.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is my 2nd time purchasing it. I bought "Toast" which is the perfect summer color for me. It gives off such an beautiful matte, yet natural finish. I go over my hyperpigmentation scars w/ it twice and it manages to cover them well. Mine did not come in a pump but that's okay. It's so liquidy I don't feel like I'm wasting product when it gets near the end. Out of all of the Revlon foundations I've used, this one is certainly my favorite. I hardly even feel it on my face. It's the perfect daily medium coverage go-to foundation. I get it at a discount store by me too that sells only Revlon cosmetics, (rather than Shoppers Drug Mart), and it only costs about $10 CAD too. At SDM I believe it's about $20. As much as I love my Maybelline "Dewy & Smooth" I think I'll just keep re-purchasing this one as it lasts much longer on my skin.

on 8/30/2017 8:24:00 PM

So patchy and difficult to blend. Very streaky even with a beauty blender. Did not like it.

on 8/10/2017 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For $10 it was awesome

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought the shade cappuccino. I didn't have high hopes for this foundation until I actually tried it! It kept my super oily skin extremely matte and I was so impressed! Check out my full YouTube review here

(YouTube: Mary LeMuse)

on 7/10/2017 2:50:00 PM

200 Nude.

I've gotten the non-pump version and while I can't leave the foundation as is, as it'll rub off on any sunglasses/glasses. For me, this is easily countered by applying a light layer of powder.

So far I'm appreciating how long it lasts (with powder finish, that is), especially how the dry and matte finish stays on, as I cosplay the entire day. I haven't had any worries of constant re-application. Even when sweating profusely, all I'd need to do is blot the sweat and the foundation's still pretty much intact.

on 8/8/2017 11:12:00 PM

Best foundation I have tried so far! I've tried several high end foundation and keep coming back to this foundation as this would stay at your face for the whole day. A little reminder is, before getting to sleep make sure to completely remove it from your face or else you will have breakout!

on 7/27/2017 4:33:00 PM

Sand beige is the shade I read was supposed to be warm toned so I picked it up, no it's not it's cool toned and bad, it gave me a pink/purple tone that totally stood out, I looked like a clown so can't comment on how good it is I can't use it I tried mixing it with buff I had that's to pale and the cool tones still come out so totally not good for me, if revlon colourstay had the right shade for me I would be very happy to try again but they all seem to be more cool toned than warm and that don't look good on warm yellow undertoned light skin.

on 7/6/2017 11:27:00 AM

I needed a foundation that would stay on me considering that I live in a humid country and also that I sweat a lot. I heard a lot about this on Youtube and decided to give it a try. So far, I've been very happy with it as it stays on throughout the day even when it's really hot. I did notice that it can crease around my mouth but this usually happens when I sweat a lot and don't have time to blot my face. There is some transfer but nothing that is too noticeable as long as you don't drag tissue or a handkerchief across your face or something.

I've tried putting this on with a sponge and brush and either way works fine. Also I have no problems when I use powders to set it. If ever, just make sure that the shade is right because I was using Nude (200) and I looked too pale before switching to a darker shade.