Revlon Color Stay Liquid Foundation Combination/Oily

Revlon Color Stay Liquid Foundation Combination/Oily

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 11/25/2017 12:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

This is the best foundation I have bought, and I have been through some high end ones from Dior and Lancome, but this totally beats them up!

Buff is a great shade for Caspers like myself. I would 100% recommend this foundation to anyone with combo or oily skin because:
- it is medium to full, very full coverage
- it lasts for ages on its own, but with a primer and some setting spray it gets me through 14 hours of wear!
- solid choice no matter the climate - where I live the summer is scorchingly hot, the winter is freezing cold and this stays put!
- it is easy to blend and it does not look cakey (of course, a full beat base cannot look like 'no-makeup makeup' but this foundation does not look like a mask at all; it is as natural as it can get for a full coverage
- does not oxidise and does not settle into lines

And best of all, it has a pump and it is cheap!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I’m very fair/porcelain with neautral undertones (NC15)? And oily/combination skin -so it’s hard to find good foundations!

Usually have to purchase high-end foundation as cheaper ones don’t have a decent shade ranges- esp for very porcelain skin and very deep Skintones. This range does, which is awesome! :)

I purchased the shade Ivory- the lightest shade -and it matched me perfectly.

The formula is fragrance free & med-full coverage. I prefer lighter coverage, however I like this as can use little, sheer it out and it will last for ages. :) So saves money!

Looks great on skin, has a lovely matte finish. I prefer to use with a setting powder. It lasts really well all day, feels comfortable, soft and non-greasy. Only place it starts to fade at the end of the day is on my nose, but this is expected anyway. I don’t touch it up during the day. Easy to remove with makeup remover cloth and cleanser.

The packaging is good, glass and has a pump which is nice. Only complaint is they often put stickers on it, and when you peel it off leaves a nasty tacky surface.

In New Zealand it’s on the med/pricey side, in the $45 range - so like to get it when it’s on special.

Used the whole bottle up and would repurchase. :)

on 10/20/2017 1:58:00 PM

This was recommended by a couple of beauty gurus that I watch, so I thought I would give it a try. I have combination skin, and at age 46 I am a little picky on my foundation. I would say the most important things to me are coverage and staying power. This foundation blew me away in both of those areas.

The cons of this product- getting a perfect shade match. I felt like the shade I got looked dark in the bottle, but on my face it is lighter than expected. I will be getting another shade and mixing a bit as I go. I also don't love the packaging. The seal is huge, and mine was almost impossible to peel off. Parts of it are still on the bottle, getting gross and sticky. So annoying.

HOWEVER I will deal with a crappy seal because I LOVE this foundation. I have been using it about a week now and it truly does the job. It stays on really well, and I love that my face doesn't go oily when I wear it. I had a Make-Up Forever and a EsteeLauder Double Wear sample in my drawer when I bought this. I was trying to decide between the other two foundations (croak- they are over $40.00 each!) because I was just struggling to find a foundation I was excited about. let me tell you- those others have nothing on this Revlon foundation. I rotated between the brands and literally, while the formulas may be different, the outcome is so similar, I can't see spending more than the 10 bucks on the Revlon. I will keep this on hand at all times, maybe occasionally I will splurge on a high end foundation if a sale hits (or I can use points for a deluxe sample) but for the day to day this is a winner. Heading out to get more this weekend!

I would choose this foundation over my EL Double Wear, YSL All Hours Foundation, Shiseido Syncroskin, MAC Prolongwear etch. I am not sure what kind of sorcery is in this bottle but it just works well with my skin.

Skin Type: I have a combination/oily skin with textural problems i.e. box, pit and rolling scars and somewhat this foundation has managed to make it look so smooth and flawless. I am also on Retin A and Lactic Acid treatments.

Shade: I am between an NC20 - 25 and 180 Sand beige is a perfect match me.

Application: I only apply this foundation with a beauty sponge and it looks perfect.

Primer: I use a combination of the Ordinary High Adherence Primer and L'Oreal Magic Base

Setting Powder: Too Faced Primed and Poreless Powder

This is an amazing foundation that beats every single high end products I own. If I were you, give it a try and see for yourself.

Highly recommended. My HG foundation!

Update 11/09/2017: In terms of shade reference, I find that Medium Beige 240 matches my NC 25 skin perfectly. I was so afraid in the past to go beyond Sand Beige since they all look dark in the bottle. But give it a try and see if it matches you.

So gutted i cant get a refund on this bought in sun beige it goes tacky and patchy what a mess tried with and without primer different moisturisers nothing works

Lipsticks and foundation. My two addictions. I've used so many over the years and love both.

I've been on the hunt for a foundation that looks good and wears great forever. I've tried so many. Smashbox. IT Cosmetics. Maybelline. Cover Girl. Milani. Lancome. I recently tried the fave ELDW and the shade was too light. Its an HG for many. But while the shade was wrong, I just wasn't impressed with it. Sure it lasted like a champ but it's too full coverage, even for me. And I didn't have $42 laying around to try ELDWL, so I headed back to the drugstore to revisit Revlon Colorstay, as I had made another attempt with it last year when they reformulated.

Being nearly 50, I decided to try the Dry skin formula. I don't think I even finished the bottle. This time I tried the Combination/Oily skin version, and I'm in love. In Smashbox I'm a 2.1. In IT Cosmetics Light is the best for me. In Maybelline and CG both, Classic Ivory is the best. But this one took a few tries to get right. Today I held up the Revlon next to a bottle of Maybelline Better Skin in Classic Ivory and found Revlons Fresh Beige to be the closest match. I was surprised how pink the Maybelline was compared to this. I had tried Revlon in Nude but it was a smidge too light for me, to my surprise. This speaks to how good the shade range is for Revlon. I believe they have 22 shades in this formula, so there's one for everyone.

No primer for me with this one. I'm not a huge primer fan anyway as I think a foundation should work on its own. I tried a primer with this, but found it made it feel heavier and cakey and didn't control oil. It also settled into my lines visibly, where without the primer I find there's minimal settling. A damp blender also works best for me with this. Two pumps give me a light-full coverage base. If I really blend it well I can use one pump for lighter coverage.

This foundation lasts my entire work day. I only start feeling greasy around nine hours with it on, and that's nothing to complain about. For a contrast, I wore Maybelline Better Skin to run errands today and three hours in I couldn't wait to get it off my face, and it had started to fail and wear off along with some serious wrinkles becoming an issue. Colorstay does not do this to me. Settling is minimal. A thin pat of this foundation on my lips also gives my lipsticks some performance power as well. We just got through a week of 100°+ temps in LA and this didn't sweat off. On top of those temps my a/c went out and it never moved inside my insanely hot house. I was a mess, but I was a fabulous mess.

Now that I've found the shade that works for me I don't see me straying from this again. It worked for me in my 20s and it's still working for me at 49. I'll gladly hand over my $15 for this.

on 8/30/2017 8:24:00 PM

So patchy and difficult to blend. Very streaky even with a beauty blender. Did not like it.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I bought the shade cappuccino. I didn't have high hopes for this foundation until I actually tried it! It kept my super oily skin extremely matte and I was so impressed! Check out my full YouTube review here

(YouTube: Mary LeMuse)

on 8/10/2017 7:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

For $10 it was awesome

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is my 2nd time purchasing it. I bought "Toast" which is the perfect summer color for me. It gives off such an beautiful matte, yet natural finish. I go over my hyperpigmentation scars w/ it twice and it manages to cover them well. Mine did not come in a pump but that's okay. It's so liquidy I don't feel like I'm wasting product when it gets near the end. Out of all of the Revlon foundations I've used, this one is certainly my favorite. I hardly even feel it on my face. It's the perfect daily medium coverage go-to foundation. I get it at a discount store by me too that sells only Revlon cosmetics, (rather than Shoppers Drug Mart), and it only costs about $10 CAD too. At SDM I believe it's about $20. As much as I love my Maybelline "Dewy & Smooth" I think I'll just keep re-purchasing this one as it lasts much longer on my skin.