REVLON Color Stay Liquid Foundation Combination/Oily

REVLON Color Stay Liquid Foundation Combination/Oily

3.8

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (7.3%) Inactive Ingredients: Aqua/Water (Water), Cyclomethicone, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Dimethicone, SD Alcohol 40B, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Tribehenin, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Bisabolol, Serica (Silk Powder), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (Lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Alumina, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Ethylene Brassylate, Methicone, Trisiloxane, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain (+/-): Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499)

on 12/7/2018 8:44:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I rated this product pretty highly BUT I have no plans to repurchase due to the terrible shade selection. I was recommended 180 Sand Beige by using Findation and while it looked decent in the bottle, it had a pink cast to it when I put it on. I wish there was a way to get samples of drugstore foundations, and I don't want to keep trying a bottle and then returning it. I like the wear of this, it feels like a true medium coverage foundation. I'm not a fan of "buildable foundations," I don't want to put more of the product on for it to be medium coverage. This is a great budget foundation, and I've found it is definitely long wearing - but some minor touchups will needed for a long day out. I love the pump style and packaging. I'd consider repurchasing in the future but there's so many other foundations out there I'm excited to try, so it won't be anytime soon.

on 12/5/2018 7:27:00 PM

Heavy duty full coverage that can look cakey if applied in layers. Has a bad strong paint smell and difficult to use from bottle that has no pump. Will last a very long time.

This is the best affordable foundation I've used.

on 8/15/2018 12:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

The store I was at did not have Color Stay for dry skin so I crossed my fingers and bought this one. Please put on primer before this foundation. It will really show pores and cling to any dry patches. However, I think this is a safe foundation if you have oily skin. There are no major negative or positives about it. The pump and glass bottle features are good (but let's be honest, we kind of expect that from most foundation packagings). I tried applying UD's All Nighter setting spray after application and GOD. NO. It separates immediately and the foundation gradually disappears in patches (I don't know what's the science behind is but ew gross). I would not purchase it again because I still have dry skin and I don't feel like going out looking like my skin needs a glass of water.

on 5/23/2018 7:43:00 PM

A very "safe" drugstore foundation. Gives you medium coverage and has a good consistency -- not as thick as a full-coverage foundation, but not too runny, either. It goes on pretty smooth but seems to accentuate my dry patches if I don't exfoliate beforehand. I also got this back when it was packaged just in a bottle, but I'm glad to see Revlon jumped on the pump bandwagon for later versions.

The only reason I'm giving this 4 lippies and won't buy again is because the lightest shade in the combo/oily variety (Ivory 110) still manages to oxidize noticeably on me, and that I can't abide. But if you can find your shade in this line, I'd say go for it.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Passed by this the other day at Walgreens,it looked good so I bought it...My color is Ivory # 110 Normal/Dry...My complexion is Fair & Pink...Happy to have my Revlon Color Stay foundation...

This foundation made me register on this site simply to say how awful it is! The worst foundation I bought in my entire life! Well after few cheapest ones when I was a child and didn't know better.
To start with it's formula-it's sticky and oily! Yes oily for a combination/oily skin! I have no idea why but it's so runny and sticky at the same time. But the worst part starts when you apply it to the skin! It's hard to settle it, it's hard to make it stop being sticky at all! Unless you use powder to make it settle God help you with it!
Next thing is it's color-I use Ivory foundations usually so I bought this in Ivory as well-110 to be exact. And when I put it on I look like a vampire!Seriously, it will color your skin to white! I'm fair skinned but I'm not a vampire for God's sake! Next thing is you can literally see it's white particles as white dots in pores! It's plain awful to look at at! It doesn't distribute evenly no matter what you use to apply it with!
So to everyone considering this foundation and specially this color, be prepared for a disappointment of your life if you ever used any fairly good foundation! I don't usually use the most expensive foundations so it's not compared to them but to regular drugstore products such as L'Oreal, Max Factor etc...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is actually pretty good considering how cheap it is! On its own it does tend to crease & luk slightly weird but with a primer it looks as good as any high end foundation. I keep this as a back up or when I can’t afford to buy an expensive foundation lol. Holds up well on my oily skin with maybe just one touch up required during the day, (again this only applies for me as I use a primer underneath).
Slight sensitivity to it but then I’m allergic to nearly all foundations and this does contain quite a lot of alcohol & other not so gentle ingredients :( Also choose ur shade carefully as the fair shades have a slight grey tone to them.. i went a shade darker and it works better :)

on 4/12/2018 7:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have used this, off and on, for over a decade. It is great for an every day medium coverage Foundation, UNLESS you have any flaking on your skin, then it sticks to and magnifies it. Never breaks me out. Also great that it has a pump.

on 4/9/2018 6:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I am very oily and I have open pores around my cheeks and redness around my nose and cheeks. I like a natural look and found Doublewear to be too heavy for me. I wanted a nice natural coverage, that didn’t emphasise my open pores, covered the redness and stood up to the oiliness.
I chose the shade 150 Buff, I’m nc15\20 and I was the shade ecru in DW.
This was on a 3for2 offer and I bought the Revlon Photoready Pore Reducing Primer too.
I used the primer, couple of drops and it was lovely on my face. I then applied the foundation, a couple of pumps with a damp beauty blender. The coverage was great, nice and natural. It is buildable if you want more coverage. The shade was right and I was really happy with it.
Then, it was how it lasted through the day. My main concerns were how it copes with my oily skin and if it oxidised.
It is now 11pm and I’m really pleasantly surprised, no oxidisation at all. I haven’t used any powder, just a light dusting of bronzer when I applied the foundation and that’s it, all day. I am not very oily at all!!! I have a very light sheen and that’s really good for me.
This covered the redness and evened out my skin tone, it didn’t emphasise my pores at all. In fact, my pores were well hidden but I’m not sure if that was more to do with the primer. The primer works brilliantly with this foundation. It didn’t accentuate any dry bits or my fine lines. I’m late thirties with fine lines around eyes and some foundations just highlight the lines, not this!
This gets a massive thumbs up, I would recommend it, especially if you are as oily as me and need something that won’t slide off your face after a few hours.