Lumene Time Freeze Anti-Age Color Correcting CC Cream

Filtered by eye Color : Brown

4.3

Alumina, Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hexyl laurate, Iron Oxides, Isododecane, Magnesium Sulfate, Methicone, MICA, Nylon-12, Perfluorooctyl, Triethoxysilane, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Propylene Glycol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Vaccinium vitis-idaea Seed Oil, Water.

This is my HG CC cream. Now, it's the *only* cc cream that I've used but I don't see myself looking for a new one anytime soon.
I have olive skin with frequent redness and I use the medium shade.
After a heavy layer of moisturizer, I put on my primer and follow with this cc cream. I've tried putting it on without primer and it was horrible, but I have large pores so perhaps others may skip that step. I pat/rub it on with my fingers because I find it works much better for me than using a brush or a sponge. The cream looks like it's just sitting on my skin, but then it blends in beautifully. With a little bit of concealer, it actually provides decent coverage without looking like foundation covering your face. I seal it in with a bit of powder to make sure it stays on all day.
Thankfully, I don't break out from this as it is a relatively light cream.

I have been Lumene's CC's biggest fan for about 2 years now. I think it’s the most underrated cosmetics brand out there. But I don’t mind, as if they get more hyped, prices will jump too :D. This is the BEST CC cream I have ever tried. I have been using this product religiously for 2 years now, winter and summer and it has never failed me.
Read more about my skin type and how I use it, coverage and lasting on my blog here : http://veroniccapopova.com/best-cc-cream-for-pale-skin-lumene-cc-review/

I am Korean who has lived in Korea,who is willing to spend a pretty penny on face makeup, and this is my FAVORITE BB/CC cream of all time. I found it in the discount section at TJ Maxx and was so blessed to find it at such a great price (still recovering from my disappointment from HERA, AmorePacific, Lancome, Estee Lauder, and other overpriced mud).

It solves many of my issues with BB creams in the most paradoxical ways:

1) GOOD coverage AND is the LIGHTEST bb cream ever (even better coverage and feels lighter than most tinted moisturizers)
2) BRIGHTENS my face WITHOUT making it gray/ashy/muddy (Missha and Lancome, I'm looking at you)
3) DOESN'T clog my pores or move around. When i'm doing the rest of my face, I don't have finger prints around
4) I'm giving 5 lippies for packaging because it's hygenic and slim, perfect for its liquidy consistency, and perfect for travel...Unlike Korean packaging in which you can easily get the product all over and it leaves stains on the packaging.

HOWEVER -- this works for my neutral, dry-ish Asian skintone. I wouldn't recommend this for people with darker complexions (such is the makeup industry, ugh). My mom is 55+ with an oily complexion and loved it too (wanted to toss her Armani foundation for this).

I'm one of those types who enjoys trying new things (such makeup FOMO) but this is so far the only BB cream I would consider re-buying, regardless of the price.

I've gone through a couple of tubes of this stuff! I have oily/combo skin and this works really well for me. It has good coverage and I find that I don't need any concealer at times (I do like a natural look, though). It doesn't break me out. I do feel like it worked better during fall/winter/spring. Now that it's summer, I find myself having to blot/powder my oily t-zone in the afternoon. Doesn't bother me much, though. What's worrying me is that I'm having trouble finding it at Ulta...hope it's not discontinued!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This product is good, but not great. For reference, I'm 22, have dry skin, and I have medium skin (NC25). The color medium matches me fairly well, but the undertones aren't quite yellow enough for my Asian skin.

Pros:
-inexpensive
-great packaging
-dewy finish
-relative to other foundations and bb creams I've tried, doesn't cling to my dry patches as much

Cons:
-few shades (none for darker skinned people)
-after a couple hours, my t-zone gets super greasy
-looks patchy in certain areas on my face (around my nose, usually)

Overall, better than other drugstore bb creams I've tried, but it's not HG material by any means.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got the shade Medium. I'm not exactly sure of my MAC color is now, but I think it's somewhere around NC30? I am so, so, so sad about this cc cream. I really, really thought I was going to love it to death and it would be HG material, considering it was top rated on MUA and had the least pore-clogging ingredients on cosdna. Sadly, I'm allergic to something in it, or I'm just reacting to the chemical sunscreen in it. Or both.. I have VERY sensitive skin though. It's also acne-prone and combo, for reference.

The shade matches me nearly perfectly except that it makes me look SLIGHTLY ashy (because the undertone is different) and a tiny bit darker than I would like. But I can get away with it. The finish is REALLY natural and it doesn't suck the moisture out of my face, settle around my nose, create dry patches like some other foundations I've tried (powders & cream). It looks and feels like I have nothing on. The coverage is GREAT and just what I need for everyday, easy-throw-on. It's about medium coverage and very easy to apply. It's literally everything I wanted. The price is right if you get it on eBay/sale, has SPF 20, doesn't dry out my demanding skin, and looks great on my face. I also like the mosquito-like packaging because it lets me control how much I want to apply very easily.

The only other downside aside from the fact that it makes my face swell is that it's pretty heavily fragranced. At least to me it is. For a lot of people this is fine, but for uber sensitive/acne-prone skin types like me, any type of fragrance goes under the no-no list. I somehow missed this on the ingredient list when I bought it. Surprisingly I haven't broken out so far from this, but it still makes me feel uncomfortable to use a heavily fragranced thing all over my face.

The first time I wore this, it made my eyes red and burn a lot. I had to rush to the bathroom and wash it off after a while. I really wanted to like it so I gave it another try, then another.. yeah. I just made sure not to apply too much around my eyes. It still burned but it was bearable. Yesterday I happened to leave it on for the whole day, and by the end of the night, my eyes were swollen like CRAZY.

I'm really sad this didn't work out for me, but it might for those of you who aren't sensitive to chemical sunscreens (I can only use physical types, as chemical ones make my face & eyes buuuuuuuurn) or one of the ingredients in this. It was worth a try though! The search continues... (I'm trying out the Physicians Formula Super CC+ Cream next because it's SPF 30 made up of physical blockers thank the globs! Which isn't something I've came across too often in bb/cc creams, or sunscreens for that matter. I just hope it won't break me out. Fingers crossed!).

EDIT 26/4/2015: Changing my review from 3 stars to 5! :) So I've been working very hard on restoring the moisture barrier of my skin. I've switched out almost everything in my routine and am still in the process of getting a good routine down. Anyways, my skin has improved a lot since the last time I wrote this review. I tried out my old tube of this cc cream again and I am still loving it.

It still has great coverage and it helps me cut down a LOT of time on applying base makeup. Now I can just slap this on and go out and use the tiniest bit of concealer on only one of my spots. My skin has lightened since using good sunscreens and using a vitamin c serum. The Medium color is even darker now so if I were to repurchase (I just ordered Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream after some rave reviews I've seen, so waiting to see how good that will be when it gets here), I will be getting the lighter color. Still blends super nicely. Stay on all day, gives a LUMINOUS glow, sets itself so I don't have to powder my whole face unless I'm wearing a ton of sunscreen.

I am not sure what happened with my eyes. I have switched out my eyeliner and mascara as well. I've realized Maybelline's mascaras irritate my eyes. But I have not had them swell my eyes up like that. So perhaps something(s) in this cc cream reacted with something(s) in my old mascara. I haven't had a problem since switching to a different mascara.

Since my last review, I have tried Physicians Formula's Super CC+ cream in light/medium and I really like that one as well. The color is too dark for me for that one, too. It plays well with my very sensitive skin. However, I like the texture and coverage of this cc cream better. I have to conceal my spots separately with PF's, but I feel comfortable letting teeny bit of spots show through here and there with this one because I feel like the over-all luminosity/healthy-skin look Lumene's cc cream provides makes them so much less noticeable.

Hope that is helpful.

I've never used a BB or CC product, and I didn't know what to expect. After seeing the prices in the drugstore and online at Sephora, I decided to see what I could find on ebay. In my opinion, this is nothing more than a tinted moisturizer and I wasn't expecting anything more or less.

I ordered "light", and paid less than half. Light is a great color match for my skintone, which is fair and yellow orange in tone. This is a perfect for daytime coverage, but I do need to add concealer on a few areas of my face. I don't find this product to be gloppy and it doesn't give me a whitish or ghost like appearance. I've been using it for about two weeks and I haven't noticed any changes to my skin, but as I mentioned, I'm not expecting anything. I'd say its worth the nine dollars I paid for it and I'll definitely buy this again.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've tried many a tinted moisturizer/BB/CC and this is my HG.

My skin: pale and neutral (can wear either NW or NC 15 in MAC), very dry, not prone to breakouts, some issues with ruddiness on my cheeks and nose.

I bought both the BB and CC in "light." The BB is much darker--unwearable for me. The CC in "light" works on me, but is a smidge darker/peachier than my natural share, so I don't think it would work for ladies who are paler than NC 15.

The BB is a thicker consistency than the CC. I found the BB didn't cover as smoothly and tended to make dry spots look worse, but my friend with oilier skin preferred it.

Now focusing on the CC: I LOVE the coverage, which is quite good for something I apply with my fingers in ~thirty seconds. It covers up any ruddiness, evens out skin tone, and leaves my face looking clear and glowing. I would definitely say this is medium rather than light coverage, but I think the result looks natural. The finish is not matte, but nor is it excessively dewy or, god forbid, sparkly. I typically wear moisturizer underneath, but I don't need to for it to look good; the CC smoothes over any dry spots. While no one should stop using a dedicated moisturizer, I do find that this packs more moisturizing oomph than similar products and helps keep my skin soft and supple. For providing medium coverage, it's very lightweight. I love that it has SPF 20. Lasting power is good if I keep my hands off my face (I don't wear powder during the day because I want a more natural/low maintenance look).

I use this everyday and already have 3 back up tubes (went on sale at CVS and I worried they were going to stop carrying it). As I mentioned, I apply it with my fingers and it takes less than a minute out of my morning. The packaging is not too bulky, which is great for travel.

Honestly, I cannot recommend this enough for someone with similar skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

Wow this is an amazing product, especially for the price. I use it as my weekend foundation when I don't need to look too perfect/professional. I have this in the shade Light and it matches my NC15 skin perfectly. It has sheer-light coverage so I only use it on good skin days, but even then I need to go in with concealer to even out post-acne red areas. The shade is fairly neutral, leaning a bit warm. This has a moist, creamy texture and is probably best for regular - dry skin. The finish is dewy, but not greasy-looking, and I love that it doesn't smell like sunscreen (it has a light floral fragrance that dissipates almost instantly). I wear this over my regular sunscreen/moisturizer because I don't wear enough of it for reliable sun protection. My favorite thing about this product is that it doesn't cause any issues for me -- no acne, no clogs, no irritation -- and for my finicky skin (sensitive/dry/rosacean), that truly is a miracle. This also lasts all day and looks the same at 6 p.m. as it did when I applied it at 9 a.m. I remove it easily with my HG cleanser (REN Ultra Moisture Cleansing Milk) and Shiseido cotton pads. I found this on eBay for $7.98 USD with free shipping -- for that price, you can't beat it. Highly recommend!

I generally love Lumene products. They are natural and feel good on my skin. This was a bit of a surprise. Unlike the citrus and floral smell of their other creams, this cc cream has a medicinal smell which fortunately dissipates after a few minutes. It has a chalky feeling on, worse than Ponds bb which I thought was pretty chalky. Worse, it comes in only two colors, light and medium. I am a W3 and chose medium and although the color is close, there is something off about tone that makes me look ashen. It does make my blotchy freckled skin look even but I haven't noticed any tremendous improvement in my skin from wearing it. No breakouts or irritation either, on the plus side. Also on the plus side, it lasted all day unlike most bbs. If you happen to match the color/tone, then it may work for you!