Lumene Time Freeze Anti-Age Color Correcting CC Cream

Filtered by skin type : Dry

3.8

Alumina, Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hexyl laurate, Iron Oxides, Isododecane, Magnesium Sulfate, Methicone, MICA, Nylon-12, Perfluorooctyl, Triethoxysilane, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Propylene Glycol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Vaccinium vitis-idaea Seed Oil, Water.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I really wanted to like this but it was just awful for me. I gave it a fair shot and tried it on 4 separate occasions. I tried using my fingers, a damp real techniques sponge and my It Cosmetics foundation brush. Each method ended in the same result, coverage that was patchy, drying and clung to every pore as if its life depended on it. I actually had to wash my face and start over every time. So, if you have 40+ skin prone to dryness I would stay far away from this. I tried it with and without my trust primers and it just simply did not work. I got it from Amazon so maybe it was an old batch. I don't know but I know I'll stick with my Missha bb cream for light coverage.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I absolutely love this. I bought this over the summer. I tried it once and thought I didn't like it. Since then it has just been laying in my makeup drawer.

Yesterday, I decided to give it another try. I have the light shade, and I mixed it 50/50 with the lightest shade of Cargo Liquid Foundation. And it's perfect! I've used it this way twice now.

I don't really have any skin problems or wrinkles, but I'm getting older. I just don't think my skin looks as young as it used to. I do feel that this makes me look younger. The coverage is prefect and it gives me that lit from within glow.

Excellent. Lovely consistency, high level of pigmentation for medium coverage undiluted, that is easily diluted for sheerer coverage with oil or moisturizer. Works well with or without primer. Very very VERY slight oxidation, only in very warm weather; barely noticeable (I am obsessive about oxidation!). Does not settle into lines.

My skin is dry and fair - colour light perfect in Winter or Summer warmed up to custom degree with bronzer for the season at hand.

No odour; tube with very controllable pointed opening for easy dispensing.

Hope they never stop making this - it is the perfect base on it's own or for concealer/ heavier spot application of foundation if this is how you roll.

HG. Only others that begin to compare are IT CC and Dr. Jart.

Very impressed with the quality especially with the low price (I got a great deal on Ebay). My skin looks radiant and the color is perfect. Will definitely buy again.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I really love this product! I have mostly dry skin with some acne and scars, and this does a really good job of covering that while still being light. The lightest shade is a little dark, but it blends really well and I use a lighter powder to set it during the summer when I'm a little oily. It also lasts all day until I remove it easily with Simple micellar water and a cotton pad. 5 lippies from me!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This product is good, but not great. For reference, I'm 22, have dry skin, and I have medium skin (NC25). The color medium matches me fairly well, but the undertones aren't quite yellow enough for my Asian skin.

Pros:
-inexpensive
-great packaging
-dewy finish
-relative to other foundations and bb creams I've tried, doesn't cling to my dry patches as much

Cons:
-few shades (none for darker skinned people)
-after a couple hours, my t-zone gets super greasy
-looks patchy in certain areas on my face (around my nose, usually)

Overall, better than other drugstore bb creams I've tried, but it's not HG material by any means.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got the shade Medium. I'm not exactly sure of my MAC color is now, but I think it's somewhere around NC30? I am so, so, so sad about this cc cream. I really, really thought I was going to love it to death and it would be HG material, considering it was top rated on MUA and had the least pore-clogging ingredients on cosdna. Sadly, I'm allergic to something in it, or I'm just reacting to the chemical sunscreen in it. Or both.. I have VERY sensitive skin though. It's also acne-prone and combo, for reference.

The shade matches me nearly perfectly except that it makes me look SLIGHTLY ashy (because the undertone is different) and a tiny bit darker than I would like. But I can get away with it. The finish is REALLY natural and it doesn't suck the moisture out of my face, settle around my nose, create dry patches like some other foundations I've tried (powders & cream). It looks and feels like I have nothing on. The coverage is GREAT and just what I need for everyday, easy-throw-on. It's about medium coverage and very easy to apply. It's literally everything I wanted. The price is right if you get it on eBay/sale, has SPF 20, doesn't dry out my demanding skin, and looks great on my face. I also like the mosquito-like packaging because it lets me control how much I want to apply very easily.

The only other downside aside from the fact that it makes my face swell is that it's pretty heavily fragranced. At least to me it is. For a lot of people this is fine, but for uber sensitive/acne-prone skin types like me, any type of fragrance goes under the no-no list. I somehow missed this on the ingredient list when I bought it. Surprisingly I haven't broken out so far from this, but it still makes me feel uncomfortable to use a heavily fragranced thing all over my face.

The first time I wore this, it made my eyes red and burn a lot. I had to rush to the bathroom and wash it off after a while. I really wanted to like it so I gave it another try, then another.. yeah. I just made sure not to apply too much around my eyes. It still burned but it was bearable. Yesterday I happened to leave it on for the whole day, and by the end of the night, my eyes were swollen like CRAZY.

I'm really sad this didn't work out for me, but it might for those of you who aren't sensitive to chemical sunscreens (I can only use physical types, as chemical ones make my face & eyes buuuuuuuurn) or one of the ingredients in this. It was worth a try though! The search continues... (I'm trying out the Physicians Formula Super CC+ Cream next because it's SPF 30 made up of physical blockers thank the globs! Which isn't something I've came across too often in bb/cc creams, or sunscreens for that matter. I just hope it won't break me out. Fingers crossed!).

EDIT 26/4/2015: Changing my review from 3 stars to 5! :) So I've been working very hard on restoring the moisture barrier of my skin. I've switched out almost everything in my routine and am still in the process of getting a good routine down. Anyways, my skin has improved a lot since the last time I wrote this review. I tried out my old tube of this cc cream again and I am still loving it.

It still has great coverage and it helps me cut down a LOT of time on applying base makeup. Now I can just slap this on and go out and use the tiniest bit of concealer on only one of my spots. My skin has lightened since using good sunscreens and using a vitamin c serum. The Medium color is even darker now so if I were to repurchase (I just ordered Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream after some rave reviews I've seen, so waiting to see how good that will be when it gets here), I will be getting the lighter color. Still blends super nicely. Stay on all day, gives a LUMINOUS glow, sets itself so I don't have to powder my whole face unless I'm wearing a ton of sunscreen.

I am not sure what happened with my eyes. I have switched out my eyeliner and mascara as well. I've realized Maybelline's mascaras irritate my eyes. But I have not had them swell my eyes up like that. So perhaps something(s) in this cc cream reacted with something(s) in my old mascara. I haven't had a problem since switching to a different mascara.

Since my last review, I have tried Physicians Formula's Super CC+ cream in light/medium and I really like that one as well. The color is too dark for me for that one, too. It plays well with my very sensitive skin. However, I like the texture and coverage of this cc cream better. I have to conceal my spots separately with PF's, but I feel comfortable letting teeny bit of spots show through here and there with this one because I feel like the over-all luminosity/healthy-skin look Lumene's cc cream provides makes them so much less noticeable.

Hope that is helpful.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I wish I had tried a sample first -- I never would have purchased. I wanted something light, dewy, kind of my skin but better and this stuff just sank into my pores and fine lines and felt kind of dirty. I washed it off immediately and then tried it again another day after moisturizing and priming my skin -- same problem. I honestly don't know why there are so many great reviews for it -- but I'm glad it works for someone.

I have pretty good skin with minor redness and just wanted a light cover base that corrects color and blends into the skin without being obvious. I'll have to keep looking -- so far my favorite is Missha signature real bb cream, but it's not perfect either.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Disclaimer: I bought this at my local CVS for a whopping 75% reduction (~$3 a tube) - it's not getting pulled off shelves is it?!

Buying Asian BB creams when you run out is a hassle since you have to shop online for them, and then American drugstore BB creams are the absolute worst. But lo and behold! When the entire CC cream bandwagon started back in 2013 I was totally incredulous (that one commercial that has huge AA + BB = CC line also just throws me off) of it, and I went on a super-sleuth investigation to find the perfect CC cream.

This is actually the only CC cream I've ever owned and tested on my face; every other CC cream was an arm swatch.

I got it in Medium--which runs a bit pink and I'm an Asian woman (girl? young adult?) with neutral/yellow undertones but that's fine, I'm a N20/25 for reference. One of the major issues I've had with BB creams in the past - not setting and staying slightly moist (or was it a hydration effect?) - does not appear with this CC cream. The cream itself sets within 15 seconds of buffing it into your face, from a cooling sensation to a wondrously powdery dry. I use my fingers, and it does the trick, so no extra tools needed. And it even covers my redness and acne scarring! Double plus!

Another major positive is that once it dries, it stays put. I've had issues with my cream and liquid illuminators "lifting" my base foundation or BB cream and then settling into my pores (not a pretty sight I tell you) but this cream sticks on like a magnet. Even when I color in bronzer into the hollow of my cheeks when I have a different foundation on - which occasionally highlights the horrid acne scars I just tried to cover up - this CC cream creates a canvas where coverage is supreme.

I really do recommend this! Despite it being a CVS/Walgreens-exclusive product, this is REALLY great stuff. I've even heard the BB cream is pretty great for pale beauties!

This will definitely be my HG foundation/tinted moisturizer for the summer, or until I run out (I'm going back to buy the last 3 tubes!!!)