Lumene Time Freeze Anti-Age Color Correcting CC Cream

4.2

Alumina, Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hexyl laurate, Iron Oxides, Isododecane, Magnesium Sulfate, Methicone, MICA, Nylon-12, Perfluorooctyl, Triethoxysilane, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Propylene Glycol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Vaccinium vitis-idaea Seed Oil, Water.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OK, this is my first review, primarily because I was astonished that no one in the 56+ age bracket had chimed in on this awesome little number. Having worked in the business long enough to know that products cycle through formulations, improving all the while, I am actually stockpiling a product for the first time and it's this one. The Light shade works beautifully for me (for reference, the only other foundation shade that ever truly matched my skin was Exuviance Skin Caring in Warm Beige), taking care of redness around the nose and just generally improving the tone of my skin. I apply with a foundation brush, just a pea-sized drop on the back of my hand, and even swipe it under my eyes as a brightener (I have absolutely given up on undereye concealers). Makes my skin look fresh, bright, and real.

My first impression is: Wow!

This is both the first Lumene product and first CC cream I have tried. I was looking for an anti-aging serum and also a TM or BB/CC with some SPF in it for my dry, sensitive, acne prone skin. I stumbled across this and checked the ingredients on CoSDNA to find the acne and irritation factors to be uncommonly low. Then I looked at the reviews and saw they were overwhelmingly positive. So I figured it was worth a shot to try this all-in-one for everything I was looking for and so far I'm really glad I did!

Coverage: Medium. Definitely more than a BB. Won't cover up all blemishes but provides enough coverage to even out skin without going overboard. Used on top of moisturizer that hasn't quite set yet makes the coverage a little lighter.

Finish: Natural, matte. Sets to matte in seconds. Doesn't look mask-like; still looks like skin, but, you know, better. Doesn't need powder to set. After many hours, a little shine does start to come through in oilier prone areas, but it's minimal and just looks a bit dewy. It makes skin look even more natural.

Texture: Makes skin look and feel smooth. Formula is easy to blend. I apply with fingers and blur the edges with a sponge. Formula is not thick or cakey. Feels very lightweight; you forget you're even wearing it.

Shade: Limited selection of only 2 shades. I am very fair and the light works fine for me. At first it looks a little yellow/deep for my skin tone, which is warm and pale, but that fades over wear time and not having a perfect match isn't an issue anyway since I wear a light dusting of powder bronzer over the top. No oxidation or orange. Doesn't turn other makeup (bronzer or blush) other colors.

Lastability: 8+ hours without budging, fading, melting or, as previously mentioned, oxidizing. Beautiful finish lasts from when you put it on to when you wash it off. And washing off is not a struggle, either.

Skincare Benefits: Benefits of the specially formulated ingredients from this cream remain to be seen since I just started using it. The SPF 20 is nice. Some protection at least without being so much that it's a skin irritant. Don't apply too closely to eyes (eyelids or undereye, does not irritate in brow bone) as it may sting a bit. But even if it doesn't bring back a "youthful glow" to my 29 year old face, it's still very worthwhile just as being a beautiful face makeup.

Price & Packaging: $15 for an ounce. Pricey by quantity standards sure but by quality it's a steal, especially compared to other similar products. The bottle is great - it's a squeeze tube with a narrow tip to keep things sanitary and dispense the right amount with no waste. The branding is clean and nice-looking.

Overall, so far I think another review I saw put it best when they called it a "miracle in a bottle."

Update: 1 week. I continue to be really impressed by this. It wears beautifully and lasts even through my 10+ hour work days. My skin has not been irritated at all - no pink rash or itchiness as I almost always experience with liquid makeup - nor have I had any breakouts. Seriously falling in love with this CC.

Update: 1 month. Still loving this! My skin even looks a little bit smoother, I think. But that's just a bonus - this stuff is makeup magic even without anti-aging effects. No irritation, no breakouts, which is a miracle with a liquid product for me. The shade adds warmth to my skin tone as we go into wintry months and the formula helps with my dryness too. Still lasts for over 10 hours with no touch-ups. This may well be HG!

Update: 2 months. Still in love. Still looks flawless but not fake, doesn't irritate, lasts all day and into the night and is generally fantastic! Still have a fair bit left in the tube, as well.

Update, March 26, 2015: I have been using the same bottle for daily (and sometimes twice daily) application since October and I'm only just starting to near the end of the product! So, ONE little BOTTLE LASTS over FIVE MONTHS. That's amazing. Also I feel the lines that were starting to show more often on my forehead have become less noticeable with continued use of this, and my skin generally looks better. It's not a hugely noticeable difference but there is something there. Still no breakouts or irritation, even with my highly irritable skin. This stuff is makeup gold as far as I am concerned!

Update, July 2015: This stuff has finally been put to the test with high heat and humidity (summer in Rome!) and has passed with flying colors. Amazingly, the summer temperatures can really cause me to sweat at times and this still looks great on. It doesn't melt or fade in the face of the sun, at least to a reasonable extent (amount of time/exposure). I'm on my second bottle l now - and still so in love with this!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Been using for 4 months and remain totally impressed by this CC Cream. I have the lightest tint, which would be good for fair skin with neutral to yellow undertones. The formula is exceedingly light weight and fluid going on. It feels like nothing on after applied. The amount of pigment it offers in this ultra-light formula was a big surprise for me-this provides a medium coverage; really great for blending uneven tone, just as promised. Layers well over moisturizer without balling up or emulsifying other layers off. The finish is very natural looking, neither matte nor dewy, and it goes over the aging skin texture without making things look worse than they are. (so pores and fine lines are eased) This product replaces foundation for me. I love how weightless it feels on, especially compared to the average foundation.

Yay - finally a CC cream w/ some pigment and coverage!! :) I purchased in light = perfect color for me. For reference, I'm:

EM (semi-matte) = Fairly Light; Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour = #100 Ivory; Revlon ColorStay = #150 Buff; Avon Smooth Minerals Pressed Foundation = T04 Nude; EL Double Wear = Desert Beige (fall/winter); Jane Iredale = pressed base in Bisque;Smashbox Camera Ready CC = Fair.

This lasts all day on me w/out a primer and I don't have to layer and layer it on OR supplement with another foundation.

On cloudy winter days (I don't go outside in winter much), I skipped my SS, but the rest of the time, even though this has spf 20, I still use SS (I'm paranoid about my melasma worsening).

No breakouts, covers my mild rosacea, mild melasma and occasional monthly breakouts beautifully. Applied w/ my BB or Real Techniques Miracle spongy thing, I have very pretty skin :)

I am Korean who has lived in Korea,who is willing to spend a pretty penny on face makeup, and this is my FAVORITE BB/CC cream of all time. I found it in the discount section at TJ Maxx and was so blessed to find it at such a great price (still recovering from my disappointment from HERA, AmorePacific, Lancome, Estee Lauder, and other overpriced mud).

It solves many of my issues with BB creams in the most paradoxical ways:

1) GOOD coverage AND is the LIGHTEST bb cream ever (even better coverage and feels lighter than most tinted moisturizers)
2) BRIGHTENS my face WITHOUT making it gray/ashy/muddy (Missha and Lancome, I'm looking at you)
3) DOESN'T clog my pores or move around. When i'm doing the rest of my face, I don't have finger prints around
4) I'm giving 5 lippies for packaging because it's hygenic and slim, perfect for its liquidy consistency, and perfect for travel...Unlike Korean packaging in which you can easily get the product all over and it leaves stains on the packaging.

HOWEVER -- this works for my neutral, dry-ish Asian skintone. I wouldn't recommend this for people with darker complexions (such is the makeup industry, ugh). My mom is 55+ with an oily complexion and loved it too (wanted to toss her Armani foundation for this).

I'm one of those types who enjoys trying new things (such makeup FOMO) but this is so far the only BB cream I would consider re-buying, regardless of the price.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

A CC cream that makes your skin look flawless & natural. Yes, it covers lots of my imperfections. I use light and it evens out my redness and under eye circles, plus it has an SFP of 20. Originally I purchased the CC cream on Amazon for $12, then I saw it for $8. at Ocean State Job Lot ( these discount stores are in NY and most New England states). Occasionally, Job Lot discounts 25-30% off their skin creams and make-up that's when I stock-up on this Lumene gem!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got the shade Medium. I'm not exactly sure of my MAC color is now, but I think it's somewhere around NC30? I am so, so, so sad about this cc cream. I really, really thought I was going to love it to death and it would be HG material, considering it was top rated on MUA and had the least pore-clogging ingredients on cosdna. Sadly, I'm allergic to something in it, or I'm just reacting to the chemical sunscreen in it. Or both.. I have VERY sensitive skin though. It's also acne-prone and combo, for reference.

The shade matches me nearly perfectly except that it makes me look SLIGHTLY ashy (because the undertone is different) and a tiny bit darker than I would like. But I can get away with it. The finish is REALLY natural and it doesn't suck the moisture out of my face, settle around my nose, create dry patches like some other foundations I've tried (powders & cream). It looks and feels like I have nothing on. The coverage is GREAT and just what I need for everyday, easy-throw-on. It's about medium coverage and very easy to apply. It's literally everything I wanted. The price is right if you get it on eBay/sale, has SPF 20, doesn't dry out my demanding skin, and looks great on my face. I also like the mosquito-like packaging because it lets me control how much I want to apply very easily.

The only other downside aside from the fact that it makes my face swell is that it's pretty heavily fragranced. At least to me it is. For a lot of people this is fine, but for uber sensitive/acne-prone skin types like me, any type of fragrance goes under the no-no list. I somehow missed this on the ingredient list when I bought it. Surprisingly I haven't broken out so far from this, but it still makes me feel uncomfortable to use a heavily fragranced thing all over my face.

The first time I wore this, it made my eyes red and burn a lot. I had to rush to the bathroom and wash it off after a while. I really wanted to like it so I gave it another try, then another.. yeah. I just made sure not to apply too much around my eyes. It still burned but it was bearable. Yesterday I happened to leave it on for the whole day, and by the end of the night, my eyes were swollen like CRAZY.

I'm really sad this didn't work out for me, but it might for those of you who aren't sensitive to chemical sunscreens (I can only use physical types, as chemical ones make my face & eyes buuuuuuuurn) or one of the ingredients in this. It was worth a try though! The search continues... (I'm trying out the Physicians Formula Super CC+ Cream next because it's SPF 30 made up of physical blockers thank the globs! Which isn't something I've came across too often in bb/cc creams, or sunscreens for that matter. I just hope it won't break me out. Fingers crossed!).

EDIT 26/4/2015: Changing my review from 3 stars to 5! :) So I've been working very hard on restoring the moisture barrier of my skin. I've switched out almost everything in my routine and am still in the process of getting a good routine down. Anyways, my skin has improved a lot since the last time I wrote this review. I tried out my old tube of this cc cream again and I am still loving it.

It still has great coverage and it helps me cut down a LOT of time on applying base makeup. Now I can just slap this on and go out and use the tiniest bit of concealer on only one of my spots. My skin has lightened since using good sunscreens and using a vitamin c serum. The Medium color is even darker now so if I were to repurchase (I just ordered Canmake Perfect Serum BB Cream after some rave reviews I've seen, so waiting to see how good that will be when it gets here), I will be getting the lighter color. Still blends super nicely. Stay on all day, gives a LUMINOUS glow, sets itself so I don't have to powder my whole face unless I'm wearing a ton of sunscreen.

I am not sure what happened with my eyes. I have switched out my eyeliner and mascara as well. I've realized Maybelline's mascaras irritate my eyes. But I have not had them swell my eyes up like that. So perhaps something(s) in this cc cream reacted with something(s) in my old mascara. I haven't had a problem since switching to a different mascara.

Since my last review, I have tried Physicians Formula's Super CC+ cream in light/medium and I really like that one as well. The color is too dark for me for that one, too. It plays well with my very sensitive skin. However, I like the texture and coverage of this cc cream better. I have to conceal my spots separately with PF's, but I feel comfortable letting teeny bit of spots show through here and there with this one because I feel like the over-all luminosity/healthy-skin look Lumene's cc cream provides makes them so much less noticeable.

Hope that is helpful.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This product is good, but not great. For reference, I'm 22, have dry skin, and I have medium skin (NC25). The color medium matches me fairly well, but the undertones aren't quite yellow enough for my Asian skin.

Pros:
-inexpensive
-great packaging
-dewy finish
-relative to other foundations and bb creams I've tried, doesn't cling to my dry patches as much

Cons:
-few shades (none for darker skinned people)
-after a couple hours, my t-zone gets super greasy
-looks patchy in certain areas on my face (around my nose, usually)

Overall, better than other drugstore bb creams I've tried, but it's not HG material by any means.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This works wonderful on my oily forehead. It keeps oil at bay throughout the day and does a great job at evening my skin tone and looking natural. It also feels very nice going on and I love the smell. Most importantly, this has faded my red acne scars very quickly which is the main reason I continue to use it.

Unfortunately I can't use this on the rest of my face as it is too dry and this accentuates dryness. I might try it all over my face again in summer.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've tried many a tinted moisturizer/BB/CC and this is my HG.

My skin: pale and neutral (can wear either NW or NC 15 in MAC), very dry, not prone to breakouts, some issues with ruddiness on my cheeks and nose.

I bought both the BB and CC in "light." The BB is much darker--unwearable for me. The CC in "light" works on me, but is a smidge darker/peachier than my natural share, so I don't think it would work for ladies who are paler than NC 15.

The BB is a thicker consistency than the CC. I found the BB didn't cover as smoothly and tended to make dry spots look worse, but my friend with oilier skin preferred it.

Now focusing on the CC: I LOVE the coverage, which is quite good for something I apply with my fingers in ~thirty seconds. It covers up any ruddiness, evens out skin tone, and leaves my face looking clear and glowing. I would definitely say this is medium rather than light coverage, but I think the result looks natural. The finish is not matte, but nor is it excessively dewy or, god forbid, sparkly. I typically wear moisturizer underneath, but I don't need to for it to look good; the CC smoothes over any dry spots. While no one should stop using a dedicated moisturizer, I do find that this packs more moisturizing oomph than similar products and helps keep my skin soft and supple. For providing medium coverage, it's very lightweight. I love that it has SPF 20. Lasting power is good if I keep my hands off my face (I don't wear powder during the day because I want a more natural/low maintenance look).

I use this everyday and already have 3 back up tubes (went on sale at CVS and I worried they were going to stop carrying it). As I mentioned, I apply it with my fingers and it takes less than a minute out of my morning. The packaging is not too bulky, which is great for travel.

Honestly, I cannot recommend this enough for someone with similar skin.