Lumene Time Freeze Anti-Age Color Correcting CC Cream

Filtered by age: 25-29

3.7

Alumina, Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Ethylhexylglycerin, Fragrance, Helianthus Annus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Hexyl laurate, Iron Oxides, Isododecane, Magnesium Sulfate, Methicone, MICA, Nylon-12, Perfluorooctyl, Triethoxysilane, Phenoxyethanol, Polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, Propylene Carbonate, Propylene Glycol, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Vaccinium vitis-idaea Seed Oil, Water.

I am Korean who has lived in Korea,who is willing to spend a pretty penny on face makeup, and this is my FAVORITE BB/CC cream of all time. I found it in the discount section at TJ Maxx and was so blessed to find it at such a great price (still recovering from my disappointment from HERA, AmorePacific, Lancome, Estee Lauder, and other overpriced mud).

It solves many of my issues with BB creams in the most paradoxical ways:

1) GOOD coverage AND is the LIGHTEST bb cream ever (even better coverage and feels lighter than most tinted moisturizers)
2) BRIGHTENS my face WITHOUT making it gray/ashy/muddy (Missha and Lancome, I'm looking at you)
3) DOESN'T clog my pores or move around. When i'm doing the rest of my face, I don't have finger prints around
4) I'm giving 5 lippies for packaging because it's hygenic and slim, perfect for its liquidy consistency, and perfect for travel...Unlike Korean packaging in which you can easily get the product all over and it leaves stains on the packaging.

HOWEVER -- this works for my neutral, dry-ish Asian skintone. I wouldn't recommend this for people with darker complexions (such is the makeup industry, ugh). My mom is 55+ with an oily complexion and loved it too (wanted to toss her Armani foundation for this).

I'm one of those types who enjoys trying new things (such makeup FOMO) but this is so far the only BB cream I would consider re-buying, regardless of the price.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Have to edit this review after using this CC cream pretty much continously for a month. And i still own 3 tubes of this. I find lumenes BB being a better option for oily skin and offers just the coverage and the dewy without being icky feeling to my skin.

This cc cream was rather quite thick, fuller coverage, tends to disappear on oily areas after 4 hour of use. And gosh, can't stand the smell, it's like putting camphor ointment onto my face.

The darkest shade (deep) matches my NC40 skin very well. Last time I bought 2 for only 5€. I own 3 tubes and will only use this as a foundation. Otherwise I'll stick to lumene BB heleyttävä.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This works wonderful on my oily forehead. It keeps oil at bay throughout the day and does a great job at evening my skin tone and looking natural. It also feels very nice going on and I love the smell. Most importantly, this has faded my red acne scars very quickly which is the main reason I continue to use it.

Unfortunately I can't use this on the rest of my face as it is too dry and this accentuates dryness. I might try it all over my face again in summer.

I've gone through a couple of tubes of this stuff! I have oily/combo skin and this works really well for me. It has good coverage and I find that I don't need any concealer at times (I do like a natural look, though). It doesn't break me out. I do feel like it worked better during fall/winter/spring. Now that it's summer, I find myself having to blot/powder my oily t-zone in the afternoon. Doesn't bother me much, though. What's worrying me is that I'm having trouble finding it at Ulta...hope it's not discontinued!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

This product is good, but not great. For reference, I'm 22, have dry skin, and I have medium skin (NC25). The color medium matches me fairly well, but the undertones aren't quite yellow enough for my Asian skin.

Pros:
-inexpensive
-great packaging
-dewy finish
-relative to other foundations and bb creams I've tried, doesn't cling to my dry patches as much

Cons:
-few shades (none for darker skinned people)
-after a couple hours, my t-zone gets super greasy
-looks patchy in certain areas on my face (around my nose, usually)

Overall, better than other drugstore bb creams I've tried, but it's not HG material by any means.

My first impression is: Wow!

This is both the first Lumene product and first CC cream I have tried. I was looking for an anti-aging serum and also a TM or BB/CC with some SPF in it for my dry, sensitive, acne prone skin. I stumbled across this and checked the ingredients on CoSDNA to find the acne and irritation factors to be uncommonly low. Then I looked at the reviews and saw they were overwhelmingly positive. So I figured it was worth a shot to try this all-in-one for everything I was looking for and so far I'm really glad I did!

Coverage: Medium. Definitely more than a BB. Won't cover up all blemishes but provides enough coverage to even out skin without going overboard. Used on top of moisturizer that hasn't quite set yet makes the coverage a little lighter.

Finish: Natural, matte. Sets to matte in seconds. Doesn't look mask-like; still looks like skin, but, you know, better. Doesn't need powder to set. After many hours, a little shine does start to come through in oilier prone areas, but it's minimal and just looks a bit dewy. It makes skin look even more natural.

Texture: Makes skin look and feel smooth. Formula is easy to blend. I apply with fingers and blur the edges with a sponge. Formula is not thick or cakey. Feels very lightweight; you forget you're even wearing it.

Shade: Limited selection of only 2 shades. I am very fair and the light works fine for me. At first it looks a little yellow/deep for my skin tone, which is warm and pale, but that fades over wear time and not having a perfect match isn't an issue anyway since I wear a light dusting of powder bronzer over the top. No oxidation or orange. Doesn't turn other makeup (bronzer or blush) other colors.

Lastability: 8+ hours without budging, fading, melting or, as previously mentioned, oxidizing. Beautiful finish lasts from when you put it on to when you wash it off. And washing off is not a struggle, either.

Skincare Benefits: Benefits of the specially formulated ingredients from this cream remain to be seen since I just started using it. The SPF 20 is nice. Some protection at least without being so much that it's a skin irritant. Don't apply too closely to eyes (eyelids or undereye, does not irritate in brow bone) as it may sting a bit. But even if it doesn't bring back a "youthful glow" to my 29 year old face, it's still very worthwhile just as being a beautiful face makeup.

Price & Packaging: $15 for an ounce. Pricey by quantity standards sure but by quality it's a steal, especially compared to other similar products. The bottle is great - it's a squeeze tube with a narrow tip to keep things sanitary and dispense the right amount with no waste. The branding is clean and nice-looking.

Overall, so far I think another review I saw put it best when they called it a "miracle in a bottle."

Update: 1 week. I continue to be really impressed by this. It wears beautifully and lasts even through my 10+ hour work days. My skin has not been irritated at all - no pink rash or itchiness as I almost always experience with liquid makeup - nor have I had any breakouts. Seriously falling in love with this CC.

Update: 1 month. Still loving this! My skin even looks a little bit smoother, I think. But that's just a bonus - this stuff is makeup magic even without anti-aging effects. No irritation, no breakouts, which is a miracle with a liquid product for me. The shade adds warmth to my skin tone as we go into wintry months and the formula helps with my dryness too. Still lasts for over 10 hours with no touch-ups. This may well be HG!

Update: 2 months. Still in love. Still looks flawless but not fake, doesn't irritate, lasts all day and into the night and is generally fantastic! Still have a fair bit left in the tube, as well.

Update, March 26, 2015: I have been using the same bottle for daily (and sometimes twice daily) application since October and I'm only just starting to near the end of the product! So, ONE little BOTTLE LASTS over FIVE MONTHS. That's amazing. Also I feel the lines that were starting to show more often on my forehead have become less noticeable with continued use of this, and my skin generally looks better. It's not a hugely noticeable difference but there is something there. Still no breakouts or irritation, even with my highly irritable skin. This stuff is makeup gold as far as I am concerned!

Update, July 2015: This stuff has finally been put to the test with high heat and humidity (summer in Rome!) and has passed with flying colors. Amazingly, the summer temperatures can really cause me to sweat at times and this still looks great on. It doesn't melt or fade in the face of the sun, at least to a reasonable extent (amount of time/exposure). I'm on my second bottle l now - and still so in love with this!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

I've tried many a tinted moisturizer/BB/CC and this is my HG.

My skin: pale and neutral (can wear either NW or NC 15 in MAC), very dry, not prone to breakouts, some issues with ruddiness on my cheeks and nose.

I bought both the BB and CC in "light." The BB is much darker--unwearable for me. The CC in "light" works on me, but is a smidge darker/peachier than my natural share, so I don't think it would work for ladies who are paler than NC 15.

The BB is a thicker consistency than the CC. I found the BB didn't cover as smoothly and tended to make dry spots look worse, but my friend with oilier skin preferred it.

Now focusing on the CC: I LOVE the coverage, which is quite good for something I apply with my fingers in ~thirty seconds. It covers up any ruddiness, evens out skin tone, and leaves my face looking clear and glowing. I would definitely say this is medium rather than light coverage, but I think the result looks natural. The finish is not matte, but nor is it excessively dewy or, god forbid, sparkly. I typically wear moisturizer underneath, but I don't need to for it to look good; the CC smoothes over any dry spots. While no one should stop using a dedicated moisturizer, I do find that this packs more moisturizing oomph than similar products and helps keep my skin soft and supple. For providing medium coverage, it's very lightweight. I love that it has SPF 20. Lasting power is good if I keep my hands off my face (I don't wear powder during the day because I want a more natural/low maintenance look).

I use this everyday and already have 3 back up tubes (went on sale at CVS and I worried they were going to stop carrying it). As I mentioned, I apply it with my fingers and it takes less than a minute out of my morning. The packaging is not too bulky, which is great for travel.

Honestly, I cannot recommend this enough for someone with similar skin.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I couldn't use this stuff because the color match was off. People who can get a color match seem to really like it so it would be nice if Lumene expanded the color range.

My skin is very oily with large pores and I'm prone to breakouts and clogged pores but my skin is usually not very sensitive. I also want to say I did not like the bb cream from this brand, the medium shade of that was so orange and it just felt gross on my face. This cc cream was much better, I had it in medium and the shades are not comparable at all to the bb. This cc in medium was much lighter than the medium in bb, it took away all my redness and discoloration and matched my light skin tone. I loved that. I wish I could have continued wearing it, but it was irritating my skin, especially over time. My skin developed breakouts in places I don't normally get them, more clogs than usual, dry red weird patches all over both cheeks, and overall my skin just looked unhealthy. It also accentuates any dry patches you may have, so please exfoliate. Lastly, it has a very noticeable fragrance. All in all I liked the coverage but I can't rate it high as it just didn't agree with my skin at all.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The first words out of my mouth after applying this are not MUA friendly--but in a good way! I was so surprised at how little this this took to make such a big difference on my skin (fairly pale, NW20, for reference.)

I had a coupon for $4 off any full size lumene product from CVS, and having loved and finished a full-size of the BB cream already (the light leans a bit dark, but it doesn't break my sensitive clog-prone skin out, and that's most important for me.) i figured $10 for the CC cream was worth a go. A pea size spread easily over my cheeks and chin, much more so than the BB cream does, which is a bit thicker than the CC cream. It lived up to its claims immediately upon application, and corrected the discoloration on my cheeks with ease--I honestly was shocked.

I am a fan of lumene products, and this CC cream is a winner in my book thus far.