J. Lo Glow

2.6

on 1/6/2018 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

During wintertime,I'm more into gourmands and vanilla scents but as soon as spring arrives,I start to look for clean powdery scents and light musky florals
I was very late to the JLO Glow party and discovered it during last spring,but late better than never.I bought a 1oz of it for 14$ because I wasn't sure I‌'d like it but it showed up that I like it even more than my expectations.it's exactly what I was looking for and even more
First about it's appearance.I usually dislike frosted bottles but this tiny frosted bottle with it's bright peachy liquid and it's out dated charm looks pretty
As soon as I sprayed it,it seemed very familiar to my nose.there was something nostalgic in it.something light,delicate,angelic and motherly.don't get me wrong I don't mean it's a perfume for a specific age group,just that whenever I think about a sacred word like mother,I imagine such a scent (my mom usually smells like light blue or miss Dior edp so I don't know origin of this imagination)
On my skin glow is a musky floral with a hint of citrus freshness and a dash of powder.I'm not a citrus fan but I really enjoy it when this fresh, grapefruit thing in glow comes and goes.when I asked my man's idea about it he said:it smells like the most pretty-smelling soap one can ever use.for me,it's a very clean scent too but it doesn't strongly bring soap to mind.I prefer to describe it as a clean,fresh,feminine,Slightly soapy scent
Glow is definitely a floral scent but it doesn't feel overly floral or like a vase of flowers.orange flower,jasmine and rose appear in a soft, beautiful and special way.there's something a little cold in this babe which makes it great for hot days but be careful not to overspray as it may feel too cold,sharp or synthetic in a cleansing product way.
I love musk and I was hoping for lots of clean musk and it didn't disappoint.I see it as a clean,delicate and refreshing musky floral which seems light but actually radiates strongly when first applied and it's pretty dry down lingers as a skin scent for more than seven hours and believe me it's dry down is heavenly.still clean but musk has warmed up on skin and a touch of vanilla grounds cold,sharpness of florals so it has turned to a soft and not cold anymore powder which feels very intimate,inviting and sexy,far from cold refreshing soapy scent of first hour,but they're both gorgeous
At first it seemed strange for me to see lots of negative reviews as I see it as a safe perfume but now I've learned that it's a love or hate fragrance.still I suspect maybe in a lot of cases it was overdone or tried on clothes or paper,not on skin(in my case clothes smell like freshly washed and dried laundry and on paper smells very much like cleaning products but on skin,as it gets warm with body temperature,it blooms and blossoms to this divine powdery musky floral)
All in all I'm very happy with that blind buy.I love how it smells on me and I love to smell like this around home or when I go to sleep (I also like it for outdoor.it would be nice with casual and smart clothing,but I can't wear it outdoors right now as it's a quite cold wimter)
I also need to test eau de glow
Highly recommended to everyone.just keep in mind that don't overspray and give it time to settle down
Well done Jennifer.glow was my third Jlo perfume,I like still and live but I absolutely love glow.I need a larger bottle and another one for backup.unfortunately it's not easy to find here unlike still and live.glow is gonna be a stable in my wardrobe, I need to have a bottle of it always and forever

on 6/19/2017 9:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I bought this based on reviews on another site dedicated to fragrances. I absolutely hated it at first and it sat unused for quite a while because right out of the bottle it's a burst of white flowers and alcohol and not very pleasant to my nose. I decided to give it another chance and was pleased that after a half hour or maybe an hour it settles down into a clean, soapy scent. That's a good thing on a hot summer day. I have a 1oz bottle and won't repurchase after it's gone. It's OK for now and I'll use it all but there are better fresh, summer fragrances out there.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I am personally very surprised at the low rating of JLo's Glow perfume on makeup alley. This baby is a cult favourite and has been a popular celebrity perfume on the market since 2002, however the scent is timeless and does not smell dated. Any age could wear this fragrance, though I do believe that women in their 20s and upwards are likely to be attracted to it. This scent is a very clean and floral scent, to me it smells like very expensive soap, with gorgeous tones of jasmine, orange blossom and rose. The flowers are not too strong or overbearing, they are gentle and bring a warmth to the soapiness of this perfume. This is definitely a skin scent, it doesn't have too much projection after the initial spray, but you can smell it on your own skin and hair, and if someone were to stand close to you or embrace you, they would be able to smell it too. This scent feels very intimate and personal, it is a gentle fragrance. This would be a perfect one to wear on an intimate date, or on a day where you want to feel fresh, clean and expensive. Honestly, it smells a lot more expensive than it actually is!! This perfume is definitely a compliment getter. I highly recommend this perfume to anyone who likes florals, skin-scents and soapy/clean fragrances.

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Neroli, Orange Blossom.
Heart Notes: Tuberose, Jasmine, Rose.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Vanilla, Orris Root.

on 7/30/2016 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this perfume and most of jlos other ones .. It has a light clean smell slightly sweet and soapy fresh and the lasting power is very good that's why I keep going back to it but the bottle is ugly lol ..

on 7/12/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a fragrance I've been wearing on and off again since its initial release in 2002.

When it's on: the fragrance is lightly sweet, powdery, delicate flowers, with a touch of something like sunscreen, sand, beach, waves, and sandalwood. I wear this almost exclusively in the warmer months and get frequent compliments on it. The longevity and silage are medium, which means I can wear it very lightly to keep the scent closer to my skin instead of obtrusively blasting any room with my fragrance and it's not entirely necessary to reapply throughout the day. It's a rather simple fragrance, but clean and enjoyable nevertheless.

When it's off: boy is it off. Somehow that undertone of sunscreen and beach morphs into bug repellent and chemicals. The scent turns heavy and cloying and oddly musky. I'd normally think this would be a sign of a bottle that's gone off, but I've gone off and on again with the exact same bottle a number of times, so it can't be that. Perhaps this perfume is highly reactive to body chemistry or other scented products one might use? I have no idea. As many times as I've gone off of it is as many times as I've come back round again. A total mystery!

I would still recommend this fragrance, maybe check it out a few times before purchasing or give it a chance on different occasions to see how it works. When it smells nice, it really is a great everyday fragrance.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is not a complicated fragrance. The initial spritz is pure alcohol and sharp. After a few minutes, I detected peach and rose. The dry down is a powdery scent that lingers (think Love's Baby Soft mixed with Calgon Peach Body Mist...both available at CVS. Still it does not make me wretch and I haven't been compelled to throw it away. I can live with it. Nobody has even acknowledged that I smell good so it can't be that great.

on 3/3/2016 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this scent a lot! It's flowery fresh a little soapy in the best possible way. It is a little strong and almost 'old lady" smelling at first spritz but it doesn't last long at all and then it just smells wonderful to me.

JLO Might have a nice booty but she dont know how to pick a smell for it.

on 8/6/2014 2:50:00 AM

I LOVE this fragrance. It doesn't really last that long, but it's a nice every day perfume to wear. The bottle is cute and covered in bling too :) This is my favourite go-to everyday perfume.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

She is a very pretty girl, with great cheekbones and a warm smile. But this fragrance is yuk!

She said she was inspired by the scent after we shower, a soap like scent.

Yes it does smells of soap and nothing else. You better off just go for a shower and use Dove soap. Cheaper and more pleasant for our nose.

Nothing special, not turning any heads, not uplifting, a meh fragrance.

Popular Fragrances