J. Lo Glow

2.4

on 6/20/2011 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Okay..I'm a silly perfume snob! Its taken me years to spray a 'celeb' fragrance! On a recent holiday to Spain sprizted J.Lo Glow on my arm....within 5 seconds smitten kitten!!!! love,love,love this fragrance its abs beautiful so soft and fresh, so abs had to buy a botte...biggest one I ..sorry hubby could buy!..Will def buy again...for me its a feel good fragrance ..after showering and moisturising, then a good spritz of glow before dressing ...I feel clean and fresh all day long ..highly recommend this fragrance.
Edit 25/10/2011...I am now on my 4th bottle of Glow ....in the space of 6 months!!!!! use it every morning & evening after showering & spray my pillow and bed linen with it ...love it so much,,,it totaly cheers & uplifts me..
Edit 01/05/2012...just ordered 2 new bottles of Glow ....to say I love this fragrance is an understatement ....Its all down to skin chemistry & luckily for me this smells abs beautiful on me & its one of the very few out of my 200+ bottles that I can actually spray onto my skin ..even on my neck without any adverse effects ...headaches etc...

on 8/24/2011 5:00:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I smelled this on someone and had to ask what it was cause I'd spent ages thinking, everytime she walks in this room she smells so clean and soapy and just lovely. To me, it has a clean, fresh soapy smell....just someone who is clean and really lovely smelling. I love it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I guess its all about body chemistry. THis is one of the rare fragrances I LOVE that I get complimented on ALL of the time; neighbors, mail guys, hubby, friends...the biggest fans are the ones that say they normally hate GLOW.

On me its not soapy at all-just sweet and clean . Its a keeper for me for everyday use. In the evening I "sex it up" with Burberry Brit or Mariah M but JLO stays with me.

I also have to say LOVE the bottle design on this one.

on 8/1/2016 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because it was on sale fairly cheap. It's a bit too soapy smelling to me, not sophisticated (not that I always like sophisticated) but this is just too much generic "soap" and nothing else. It seems to last a long time so if you like it that's a definite plus. The bottle is okay I guess, price was decent but this is just not for me. Would not repurchase.

on 9/18/2011 4:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Through the years that I've tried this, my opinions have definitely changed -- most drastically in the last two days. Before, I had samples laying around and would put them on just to finish them off after a shower. It smelled okay; soft and pleasant, but not altogether mind-blowing. Then the other night and I decided to try it on my arm before bed [this is in another attempt to finish off my samples] and found it very, very likeable - soft, inoffensive, romantic? And in a weird way, it DID seem to 'glow' - though I wonder how much of that was just the name. A nice scent, to be sure, and I was even considering buying a bottle! And then I tried it again and -- all I smell is clean, pleasant but unremarkable soapiness. How did the soap not scream out to me before? It's not altogether bad, but I can think of many better scents I would rather shower with. This smells like cheap liquid handsoap with a musky base in the effort to smell expensive. [Fail] Even as a teenager, I would not have been caught wearing this.

Edit Dec. 12, 2011:
This is disgusting. I don't know what I was thinking, but every time I pass it now, I gag. So soapy, so generic. If you want to smell like a fourteen year old with no sense of smell, go nuts. [No offense to young teenies, much love guys <3] I know I will make sure my kids step out of the house smelling delicious and not ...trashy. This smells like something someone would use to cover up the smell of booze and cigarettes. And of course, fail miserably.

on 1/14/2010 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

To my nose, this fragrance is unbelievably harsh and pungent. One spritz on the wrist and my the smell is assaulting my nose and has been for hours! It's that sharp and I am NOT sensitive to smells at all. I so wanted to love this because of all the descriptions "clean" "just showered fresh" yada yada but on me I am getting none of that. I am getting a "guest soap" smell (cheap guest soap!) but ratcheted up to the nth degree! It's not soft, it's not subtle, it's IN YOUR FACE (up your nose!) and it doesn't move! I'm about to go take a shower, it's that bad and headache-inducing. Why oh why is it always the awful smelling stuff that has such great sillage and longevity while the pretty scents are gone in a flash?

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got this as a gift from an ex and was initially very impressed with the sleek, urban packaging. Definitely my style! The scent even seemed promising at first, with it's initial flowery note, but soon dried to a finish that reeked of alcohol, and over-cleanliness. Not only that, but the scent was overwhelming and harsh. Consequently, it didn't sit at all well w/ an exotic girl like me, who prefers oriental notes in her frangrances. I'm glad to say that this perfume, as well as the person who gave it to me, are a thing of the past.

on 7/18/2009 10:28:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I hate to see this fragrance getting such a bad rap. It's so fresh and clean smelling, my husband says that it is "soothing". I couldn't agree more. I put it on and it just makes me feel good. Good staying power too. If you like oriental or spicy fragrances, my advice is to stay far away from this. You'll probably hate it. I try other high end fragrances, and I find myself constantly coming back to this. For a reference, others that I like include Amazing Grace, Pure Grace, and other clean scents.

on 7/17/2006 10:11:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This perfume is horrible. Smells like toilet cleaner. I thought it was just me, but while at the mall, a guy who was shopping for perfume for his girlfriend came up to my sister and asked: is it me, or is this fragrance just repulsive?, my sister laughed and answered: no, is not you, it is repulsive!. Again while at the mall the other day, my youngest sister was shopping for perfume. My oldest sister and I were making jokes about some fragrances, and the sales lady happened to hear us. She started laughing and comented how this lady had come up to the counter and said to her, "give me that bottle of Mistolin(a very strong smelling cleanser) for my daughter. I don't know why she likes it but oh well". She was talking about Glow. I started laughing, because for a long time I kept saying, "it smells like a certain detergent, but I can't quiet figure out which one". Well, the lady nailed it. That is exactly what it smells like, Mistolin. This is a very cheap smelling fragrance, but diferent fragrances smell different on different people. I haven't met anyone who smells good while wearing this, but I'm sure some people do. I'm just not one of them.

on 3/20/2005 11:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My immediate, honest, first impression: Smells like sweat. Old sweat. In clothes that have been worn for several weeks straight. With a pinch of dirty hair grease, and a faded layer of cheap musk perfume from the $1 store.