J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.8

on 1/5/2013 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Kohl's. tester. Holy crap, I think people wanted to kill me on the spot after I testered this.

Well, "testered" is the wong word. You know when you're dicey about how something will smell, and you try to squirt a little *teeny* spritz on yourself and end up with a gigantic waterfall DOUCHE of smell all.over.your.wrist? You can't catch a whiff off the sprayer so you think you'll get you just an itty bit...and you end up somehow spraying half the bottle?

Yeah, I'm the dip that did that. And DAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN, was it awful...

Straight up Nivea cream, no subtlety, no nuance, just BLAP! NIVEA!!! And God help me, because it was cheap-smelling and horrid, it CLUNG tenaciously, like that little teeny fart you think is harmelss but crop-dusts the entire store as you're trying to unobtrusively get away from it.

Even half an hour after I sprayed it - then scrubbed it with a baby wipe, then two - when I got into the checkout line, the checker wrinkled her nose slightly and asked me, "What is that perfume you're wearing? It's...interesting..." in that "Please tell me what that stench is that you're flaunting so I am sure to never buy that shit in my life!" tone that we all know.

I laughed and told her it wasn't interesting, it was NASTY and told her the name. Glad to know it wasn't my snob nose (I wear Skin Musk, I ain't no snob). Either chemistry or plain perfumery, this stuff is Nivea - laundry detergent - nose wrenching ickiness that, true to crummy perfumes, wouldn't wash the hell off. I finally took dish soap to it at home and it went away. It mellowed down but never changed, and I'm sure at least one woman in Kohl's or Macy's felt like slapping me. Test....with a tiny spray...if you can. (And petition Kohl's for tester strips, puh-leeease)

Overall rating- 5 lippies.

Price- 5 lippies. I am sorry but this is expensive, at least in Sweden. For a 30 ml EDT, it kinda burns a hole in your pocket if you're on a student budget.

Packaging quality- 4 lippies. This is what CK one's packaging would look if it were 'a girly girl' :) i like the frosted glass, and the shape, but i hate the tacky J.Lo chain. ripped it off asap.

would i buy it- hell yes.

I love this scent because it smells like lilies, as in lily of the valley. plain and simple.

it's clean, demure, fresh yet floral in a 'strong' way, not overpowering at all. it doesn't smell like 'old lady' flowers, strong roses or patchouli. not to mention this fragrance is the first celebrity fragrance I've tested that doesn't smell like shampoo, bubblegum or blueberry juice leftovers.

J.Lo really surprised me, more than i managed to surprise myself taking into account this fragrance has been around since the early 2000's and i never even bothered to sniff it- due to the aforementioned celebrity fragrance prejudice. silly me.

No celebrity fragrance will be as special and classy as this one. you can swing it for anything for that matter, since it doesn't have that pungent, sugary scent of anything 'famous' that's currently available on the market. Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss, Britney, Paris, Christina, Jessica, Eva Longoria, whatever else you can think of, they ALL either smell bad or identical, sometimes both. not this one. however, all of the other Glow versions smell EXACTLY like Paris' perfumes...or anyone else's for that matter. they smell like fading patchouli (LA Glow), shampoo and flowers (Miami Glow) and something indescribable (Night Glow or after dark or something like that). eew.

i'm not good at describing scents but the first note i felt was a fresh, clean (almost 'cold') laundry scent, immediately followed by an orchestra of white- lily of the valley, that is. with a tiny tiny hint of honey, i'd say, but it can be felt only hours after the application, and at close sniff- so i'd say this would be the bottom note.

I will continue purchasing this because, funnily enough, i haven't found anything on the market, not even high-end, to have the lily of the valley perfume. maybe it's just me, but i love the scent and i think it can be a successful daytime scent as well as a classy yet sexy (very youthful...) nighttime scent. if you don't wanna splurge on some high-end fragrance yet want something that's worth the $, go for this one, ladies.

and no, i definitely do not think it smells like laundry detergent or Dove soap. but well, we're all different so i can't say i am the one who knows what this smells like. what i can be sure about is that this perfume deserves to be tested.

I am personally very surprised at the low rating of JLo's Glow perfume on makeup alley. This baby is a cult favourite and has been a popular celebrity perfume on the market since 2002, however the scent is timeless and does not smell dated. Any age could wear this fragrance, though I do believe that women in their 20s and upwards are likely to be attracted to it. This scent is a very clean and floral scent, to me it smells like very expensive soap, with gorgeous tones of jasmine, orange blossom and rose. The flowers are not too strong or overbearing, they are gentle and bring a warmth to the soapiness of this perfume. This is definitely a skin scent, it doesn't have too much projection after the initial spray, but you can smell it on your own skin and hair, and if someone were to stand close to you or embrace you, they would be able to smell it too. This scent feels very intimate and personal, it is a gentle fragrance. This would be a perfect one to wear on an intimate date, or on a day where you want to feel fresh, clean and expensive. Honestly, it smells a lot more expensive than it actually is!! This perfume is definitely a compliment getter. I highly recommend this perfume to anyone who likes florals, skin-scents and soapy/clean fragrances.

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Neroli, Orange Blossom.
Heart Notes: Tuberose, Jasmine, Rose.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Vanilla, Orris Root.

on 6/8/2014 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

This is a perfume I really like. I'm 56 years old and this perfume reminds me of expensive scented bath soap I might have used years ago. It really does give you a fresh, out of the shower scent that is quite strong and long lasting. Doesn't disappear shortly after spraying it on. It reminds me slightly of another scent I own, Fleur de Rocaille by Caron. But I have to say I like this one better. I find this to be very pleasant and clean smelling. Very wearable. Not overpowering. Very easily could be someone's signature scent. I'm sure this was not originally marketed to my age group but I love it.

on 7/30/2016 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this perfume and most of jlos other ones .. It has a light clean smell slightly sweet and soapy fresh and the lasting power is very good that's why I keep going back to it but the bottle is ugly lol ..

on 4/25/2012 7:51:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Save your money (Miss Lopez has been riding the cash train long enough now) and get the dupe in CVS or Walgreens. I tested it yesterday and the lasting power was great... I can still smell it on my jacket today. Probably dating myself here, but this reminds me exactly of a scent that Cher put out in the late 80's, called "Uninhibited".

on 2/24/2011 12:31:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this for the first time over the summer, and quickly became obsessed with the clean scent. It really does stay on forever, and I think it works well in the summer for this reason. It smells a bit like Irish Spring soap and has some rose notes to it. My mom even went crazy for it and started using mine when she came over, so I had to buy her a bottle!

on 1/20/2011 7:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I have to admit, that I only wear this perfume due to sentimental reasons, so my review is completley bias.

I find the scent really overwhelming, and I can smell it a mile away, but I enjoy the memories it brings.

My cousin wore this perfume every single day from the time she was 15 to the time she died in a car accident at 19, so it reminds me of her every time i smell it, I bought a bottle and wear it once in a blue moon when I miss her.

Its not a disgusting smell, its just very very light and powdery, but in an intense way.... does that even make sense?

LOL - worst review ever hahaha

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I adore this scent. It is so clean and fresh, with lovely orange blossoms and hints of rose and jasmin...it smells clean...great staying power. I have asked several friends what they thought of my new scent before telling them what it was, and they all said, "Wow, what is that? I love it." Then when a few found out that it was by J.Lo, their reaction changed. I think many people think they don't like it because of not liking J.Lo or her persona. I am not a huge fan of J.Lo, but I love this scent. Give it an open-minded try.

Soapy grapefruit morphs into a stalker you can't shake. Became super annoying w/i an hour. Co-workers told me to lay off. I gave it to a 17 year old. I'm afraid to ask her how she likes it. I hope her mother is still speaking to me.

Popular Fragrances