J. Lo Glow

Filtered by skin type : Very Oily
J. Lo Glow

2.4

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Horrible perfume, reminds me of two dollar hand wash and smells extremely soapy.
The perfume is also very heavy and it just really isn't for me.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I'm on a soapy scent kick again and have renewed my search for shower-fresh fragrances. I previously avoided Glow like the plague because I usually abhor celebrity scents. When I heard that Glow smells like soap, I rushed out to Ulta to give it a try. Maybe I'd been missing out on a good thing. I wore it all day and came to the conclusion that it does indeed smell like soap: a generic, harsh bathroom hand soap. It also smells like bug repellent; I wish I had a bottle of this stuff the other day when I was working in the garden. I so wanted to like this that I tried it again at Bon-Ton. No difference; there is something definitely "off" about this perfume. This is no just-stepped-out-of-the-shower scent. If I smelled like this when I got out the shower, I'd step right back in. Plus, the bottle is cheap looking, IMHO. For those looking for good soapy scents, try Philosophy's Pure Grace or Clean's Lather.

on 5/5/2004 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

eau boy!(haha!) this stuff makes me dizzy, specially when sprayed heavily. at best, it smells soapy, like someone fresh out of the shower then bombarded with freakin' flowers! good thing this was just given to me, and i didn't but it myself. someone from school started wearing a scent so similar to this one (but it was a knock-off) and i could always tell if she was looming around because the damn scent OVERPOWERS. take my advice. when using this, just spray once.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I never thought a day would come when I would not only USE something with the "J.Lo" name on it, but ADMIT it, too! I received a mini-bottle in a swap, and I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised by this fragrance. A lot of reviewers said it smells cheap, but I have tried a bunch of "cheap" fragrances (and have an aversion to most of them), and J.Lo Glow doesn't have *any* of the qualities of a cheap perfume (like too much alcohol, low-quality scent, etc.). Right after putting on Glow, the musk notes are really strong and since I don't generally like musk, it's a bit disconcerting at first, but upon dry-down, I can definitely detect jasmine, citrus, and vanilla making a clean and fresh combination -- and the musk notes settle down a bit, too, and aren't nearly as overwhelming. The citrus scent makes Glow fresh and clean smelling, the jasmine lends a sexy/romantic air to it, and the vanilla/musk warms it up. It's really a great fragrance all around. It's a subtle scent, even after first applying it, and it doesn't have much staying power, which is the only drag about it. As for the packaging, the mini-bottle has a cap that doesn't screw on tightly and seems prone to coming off. I like that the opening is small enough to distribute just the right amount needed. I also like the shape of the packaging. It makes me laugh -- makes me think of J.Lo's profile with her big boo-tay sticking out (which makes me feel better about my own. ;-) I LOVE trying new fragrances and there are so many good ones out there, that there are few fragrances that are so striking as to ensure that I'll buy full-size bottle (and then buy it again!). However, I'll use this on occasion, and when it runs out, I may try to purchase another mini-bottle to keep on hand.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Not for me. Too flowery of a smell and the bottle just looks cheap to me.

on 3/7/2004 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

My opinion is of Glow not J-Lo is this... I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, this clean fragrance. It wears well on me and I am not bothered by the bottle or the creator. I will proudly continue to wear this and replace it as it becomes necessary!

on 10/25/2011 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Oh how I love this scent! It's one of my all-time favorite scents! The only problem is that it makes me sneeze & I'm trying to get away from nasty ingredients in products. Fragrance is a blanket term used to mask 100's of ingredients combined to concoct the fragrances we love. After some time, I was able to find a company that duplicates popular scents using essential oils & the awesome part is that it lasts longer than any commercial parfum I've purchased. I was able to have 'Glow' made for me & it smells just the same, thank goodness.

on 11/22/2009 12:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

The packaging was so pretty on this fragrance and Jennifer Lopez looks like she would smell really good. Yeah, I got suckered in. This stuff stinks. I hate it. I can't even think of anything to compare it to. Some people really like it, perhaps it's a matter of body chemistry. If you're thinking about it I would try a sample first. I personally will not be repurchasing it, in fact I threw it away. The only reason I even gave it 1 lippie is because of the packaging.

on 5/3/2009 3:58:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

My boyfriend bought me this perfume years ago when it first came out. I was skeptical, as most things associated with Jennifer Lopez tend to be horrible (movies, singing, and clothing, lol!). But I tried it for my b-friends sake. The only reason I decided to write a review is to help someone else from buying it. I'm more of a Lolita Lempika, Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue, and Victoria's Secret Very Sexy type of girl (for reference). This has to be the worst perfume I have ever smelled in my life, I really tried to give it a chance since I felt bad (since it was a gift). I actually tried to give it to my mother and sister, and they thought it smelled horrible as well. I ended up hanging on to it for like 2 years, then finally chucked it.

on 7/13/2008 10:50:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Coarse

At first I really wanted this perfume (by that time Jennifer was my idol, I still like her, just not so much) I even was going to buy it, but I received it as a gift... and ended up giving it away, is not a bad fragance, is soft and nice, but not for me, I never got to like the scent thatīs why i gave it three lippies.

Popular Fragrances