J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.6

on 7/12/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a fragrance I've been wearing on and off again since its initial release in 2002.

When it's on: the fragrance is lightly sweet, powdery, delicate flowers, with a touch of something like sunscreen, sand, beach, waves, and sandalwood. I wear this almost exclusively in the warmer months and get frequent compliments on it. The longevity and silage are medium, which means I can wear it very lightly to keep the scent closer to my skin instead of obtrusively blasting any room with my fragrance and it's not entirely necessary to reapply throughout the day. It's a rather simple fragrance, but clean and enjoyable nevertheless.

When it's off: boy is it off. Somehow that undertone of sunscreen and beach morphs into bug repellent and chemicals. The scent turns heavy and cloying and oddly musky. I'd normally think this would be a sign of a bottle that's gone off, but I've gone off and on again with the exact same bottle a number of times, so it can't be that. Perhaps this perfume is highly reactive to body chemistry or other scented products one might use? I have no idea. As many times as I've gone off of it is as many times as I've come back round again. A total mystery!

I would still recommend this fragrance, maybe check it out a few times before purchasing or give it a chance on different occasions to see how it works. When it smells nice, it really is a great everyday fragrance.

on 12/17/2014 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've worn this perfume for years. (the clear liquid kind)
This was the first perfume I ever owned, the first time I smelled it, I was probably about 12 or 13 and my sister was wearing it and I loved it, so she bought me a gift set for christmas which included the regular size perfume, a smaller travel size and a lotion. I'm 21 years old and I've only worn this perfume, until about a year ago when I ran out and could no longer find it in stores. Luckily, since christmas is coming I finally found a bottle at walmart for $19.
I took it out of the box and gave myself a small spritz to make sure I still liked the smell and oh my god, nostalgia overload. I LOVE the smell of this so much. It's like heaven in a spray bottle. It's a very clean, crisp, and refreshing smell. It reminds me of christmas since that's the only time I can ever find it in stores.
Thankfully, upon purchasing this I found out that my local flea market sells the big bottles for $25. I will continue to buy this for as long as I can find it.
I always get compliments on it, and the smell lasts all day. My boyfriend always tells me how good I smell, and it's just a really nice confidence boost.
The ONLY thing about this product that I think could be a little better is the packaging. I love the look of the bottle, and the little JLO charm but I hate that the bottle is so sleek, because it doesn't hold very much. Oh well, at least it's cheap.
definitely a great purchase if you're looking for a cheap perfume that smells elegant, and not to overpowering.

Edit: I'm not sure why a lot of the people reviewing this are hating on Jlo, she's a very successful woman and I admire her completely. She's an amazing actress, and although she could put her music career to much better use, she is still very talented. Not to mention, she still looks amazing for her age.

on 11/18/2014 12:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I used to love this fragrance several years ago. At that time, I was really into clean smelling scents, and this one smelled like a french soap to me. Just what I wanted--clean smelling, yet elegant and per-fumy. I will admit that my taste in fragrances has changed a lot in the past five years. Now that I'm approaching my mid-30's, I have a great appreciation and admiration for the classic perfumes and absolutely dislike anything that is fruity, sweet and just pure clean/musk.

It's possible that my body chemistry has changed, and this fragrance no longer smells good on myself (or other people for that matter). I will say that the initial blast impresses me every time (smells floral, like roses), but that lasts less than five minutes and it's the dry down that makes me dislike this perfume. The dry down is very simple and actually smells very cheap to me. Maybe this is something I could spray on after a shower and then layer my go-to perfume over it...I really like that this perfume lasts forever on your skin, but unfortunately it's not complex enough for me to really enjoy it by itself.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

It's a nice, crisp and clean scent. I wear it but I don't think I pull this off as much as other people I know.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

It is rare to say I hate a fragrance but this is one of them. It's enveloping in a having allergy attack kind of way. Very floral and musky. Gross.

on 6/23/2012 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've had this perfume for a while now and lately have just rediscovered it and have been wearing practically everyday since. When I put this on righ when I step out of the shower I could not feel cleaner and the scent is so fresh. I guess another reason why is because my husband likes it too. He never notices my perfumes but he notices this one. He bought me her newest one Glowing for Mothers Day but I still wear this one more. I think this one her Original Glow is her best fragrance.

on 6/14/2011 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I love this scent! Its light and feminine and has a soft floral with light musk scent. I usually don't like musk but this is an exception to me. The packaging is a little tacky with the ghetto chain and all, but I can be a little street with it. You can find it at Tj Maxx for like $25 so thats not bad for a department brand product. I've purchased this fragrance twice and always like to product hop and experiment, I would def buy again if saw a deal on it.

on 6/9/2011 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This stuff is so strong and so nasty. The lotion for this line is a glitter mess as well.

God help any woman who walks around with this stuff sprayed on them and doesn't feel like a maggot covered 22 year old poodle.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I don't know that I'd really want a bottle of this but I cannot understand the bad reviews or anyone saying it's strong or old lady smelling. This fragrance has got to be the lightest, least strong frangrance I've ever smelled. I get clean, soapy smell. I think for someone that wants a very light scent they can wear anywhere, this is it. Of course I suppose that any perfume could have a bad reaction on someone, but I seem to be the worst for "turning" a scent into YUCK and this was not one of those fragrances that turned on me.

on 8/13/2010 2:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I remember when it came out, everybody was crazy about it. JLo was at her prime and everybody was trying to get their hands on something with her name and curves on it. Whoever marketed this scent was a genius, because it was just the right timing, right bottle, right brand. BUT... as for the smell, I struggle through it every time. I love how it almost smells like baby powder but it has some weird undertones that makes me want to wish it dried faster. I am sure many people love it, I just think it has nothing sexy about it...

Popular Fragrances