J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.8

on 8/1/2016 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because it was on sale fairly cheap. It's a bit too soapy smelling to me, not sophisticated (not that I always like sophisticated) but this is just too much generic "soap" and nothing else. It seems to last a long time so if you like it that's a definite plus. The bottle is okay I guess, price was decent but this is just not for me. Would not repurchase.

on 7/30/2016 12:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this perfume and most of jlos other ones .. It has a light clean smell slightly sweet and soapy fresh and the lasting power is very good that's why I keep going back to it but the bottle is ugly lol ..

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

JLo's stuff for me is always so hit and miss, and this one was a miss for me.
I bought this years ago and did not care for it then, so it sat in the back of my perfume stash until recently. Remembered why I did not care for it.

I remember this being kind of popular with the 20-somethings when it first came out, and I bought it bc I smelled it on a girl whom it smelled lovely on. I don't know if her scent was mixed with something else, but this is truly nothing special, and imho does not merit the price tag (sorry JLo and fans). To me, this actually smells similar to those knockoff perfumes 'If you like blah-blah perfume, you will love this!'--cheap and tacky (again, sorry).

Add in the cap is pretty tacky and cheap..no thanks. The bottle is somewhat pretty, but to me, give me a prettier smelling fragrance over a pretty bottle (and no, the bottle is not that special, either, but somewhat pretty).

I am not good at describing notes, all I can say is to me, this smells like a drugstore perfume. Way overpriced. JMO, obviously it's been around a while, so there are folks who do like it. To each their own. ;)

One final note, this lasts about 3 hours on me, which is not terrible, but for this being a more pricey fragrance (buy it in a set if you can, pretty good deals then!), I just feel it should last longer than just a few short hours. I will say dry-down smells pretty much the same as when first applied, so there is that. I rarely spray scents directly on my skin, I often spray them after I am completely dressed and 'walk' into the fragrance (spraying 2 or more times for weaker fragrances or scents that do not last long), so I can't really say my body chemistry alters this fragrance. Besides, even spraying this randomly in the air, I just do not care for it.

Bummer bc for some reason I really wanted to like this, even back then when it first came out (and no, I am not a JLo fan, nor do I dislike her).

It's a little funny, bc on fragrance.net, the notes are listed as "flowers, fruit and amber with vanilla make this clean, alluring scent"--all of which would make me think I would love this fragrance, but I detect none of that, which is sad, bc that description is exactly the type of fragrance I love. It is also listed as being best for daytime. Mehhh, to me it screams something I would think you would smell in a bordello (sorry, jmho)...

Even when this was brand-new, it had an odd scent, I should have returned it. When I pulled this out again recently, I thought maybe I got a bad bottle, but I then recently tested it in the department store again recently, and it smelled the same as the bottle I had at home (which was bought at the same department store I tested it at).

The price seems to have dropped since I first bought it years ago. Or maybe I just do not get sticker shock like I used to when I was younger. *shrug*

Thank goodness there are no shortage of perfumes out there!!!
I think I will be donating this to a friend or neighbor who might like this scent.

on 5/19/2015 1:05:00 PM

I used to love this stuff in my early 20's. Id wear it when I went to night clubs. Smells clean, and gives me good memories.

on 9/20/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought my second bottle of this. It's the perfect go-to scent for every day. So clean and fresh, and the price is right, too. Yeah, it smells somewhat of soap, but that's not a bad thing.

on 8/6/2014 2:50:00 AM

I LOVE this fragrance. It doesn't really last that long, but it's a nice every day perfume to wear. The bottle is cute and covered in bling too :) This is my favourite go-to everyday perfume.

on 7/6/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This fragrance is an insulting clash of the following scents: band-aid, musk, urinal cake, budget laundry detergent. It makes me gag whenever I smell it!

This a fragrance which I love, its a warm, creamy, woody smell which drives my husband wild, he loves it. The EDT seems to have quite good longevity and its a perfume which you can continue to spray throughout the day to keep the gorgeous smell present. I bought this when I went to the States when it first came out and it was quite expensive. Now I can pick up a bottle my perfume website for about 12 which is fantastic value. The bottle itself is okay, hate the necklace thingee that hangs on it, very tacky. I get huge compliments when I wear this at work, although I would say its probably more suited for summer than winter. When you walk through the office it leaves a linger scent behind you as you walk. A lily, woody, floral scent which is just gorgeous. I would definitely keep buying this perfume as I really love it and I think it stands the test of time and would suit any aged lady!

Glow by JLo perfume is soapy and sunny.

on 9/27/2013 8:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I tried this one today at the store because it's a fragrance that people recommends if you're looking for a "clean" scent. My idea of "clean" is very fresh, kind of like your skin but better.
However on me it came out quite strong, very soapy, almost detergent like. Somehow my skin doensn't react well to white florals, so if you're the same, be careful if you want to blind buy this one.

Popular Fragrances