J. Lo Glow

Filtered by skin type : Normal
J. Lo Glow

2.8

on 6/13/2014 10:20:00 PM

I'm stunned that this is a controversial fragrance in any way. It smells pristine beyond measure-- like Dove soap with a sprinking of bubbly pink grapefruit and tea roses. Clean, fresh, delicate and absolutely lacking in sweetness, funk, or heaviness of any kind. (That said, the EDT wears more like an EDP and this stuff can give headaches if overapplied, as could just about anything.) It's an uplifting spritz after a shower, and continues to surround the wearer in fresh soapy musk for hours. A good pick for summer. I always get compliments on it.

The only think I can think of is that this isn't fruity or caramelly at all, and that is what most folks expect out of a celebu-scent these days. JLo broke ground with this one, and even if it isn't terribly unique, it does hark back to the '70s (when she and I were both growing up, albeit with very different booties :)) when rosy, soapy scents (like Tea Rose and Coriandre) and musk oils were both in vogue. Not at all a dated scent, though. Just clean and lovely. Wish the bottle was prettier and less goofy, but I'll live.

on 6/8/2014 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Fine

This is a perfume I really like. I'm 56 years old and this perfume reminds me of expensive scented bath soap I might have used years ago. It really does give you a fresh, out of the shower scent that is quite strong and long lasting. Doesn't disappear shortly after spraying it on. It reminds me slightly of another scent I own, Fleur de Rocaille by Caron. But I have to say I like this one better. I find this to be very pleasant and clean smelling. Very wearable. Not overpowering. Very easily could be someone's signature scent. I'm sure this was not originally marketed to my age group but I love it.

on 3/3/2016 7:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this scent a lot! It's flowery fresh a little soapy in the best possible way. It is a little strong and almost 'old lady" smelling at first spritz but it doesn't last long at all and then it just smells wonderful to me.

on 5/10/2013 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love Glow! This is the only perfume I've ever worn at work that made a *male* coworker stop in his tracks and ask what it was.

He was passing through my work area -- stopped, looked around, asked what that perfume was -- and when I told him it was Glow by Jennifer Lopez, he said he had smelled the same thing on a cashier at Lowes Home Improvement and had asked her what it was, it smelled so good to him.

I can only wear Glow in hot weather, and it's perfect then -- hot, humid, sweaty, sultry summer weather. I never really liked it that much when it first came out, but then in hot hot weather, all of a sudden it was *perfect*. It just needed the hot weather to bloom. I have since tried wearing it at other times of the year -- early Fall, for example -- no, it doesn't work for me then.

This is definitely a your-skin-but-better scent. A warm, natural, clean, human skin scent -- soft, musky, and pretty. Blends and melds with natural skin's scent. Great stuff -- the drydown is fabulous in the hot weather, especially outdoors. I'll always have Glow in my collection.

Caution -- to me, Glow is strong stuff even though it's an EDT, and it lasts very well. I have to remind myself to spritz lightly, or Glow can be overwhelming IMHO, even though it's essentially a light fresh musk. Very good bang for your buck with this one.

ADDENDUM 7/10/15: I just received the 7/20 issue of US Weekly, and on page 4, there is a "What's In My Bag?" article featuring actress Leah Remini. She formerly played Kevin James' wife in the TV show "The King of Queens" and now has a family reality show on cable.

Leah, who is 45, says she carries a bottle ("not sample size") of J.Lo Glow in her bag, saying that she and Jennifer Lopez have been friends for 12 years, and when Leah spritzes Glow, people ask her, "What is that?!"

J.Lo supported Leah from the audience of "Dancing With The Stars" when Leah was a contestant (Fall 2014?) -- so it figures Leah would wear Glow. But it also sounds like she gets positive reactions from others.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is kind of a guilty pleasure for me. It's so cheap, but it smells so clean and fresh. Tyra Banks also admits to loving this scent. It's very fresh and soapy.

OK,so ... I tried and (still am) to find my 'signature' perfume and i tested really a lot perfumes...But something made me buy this one ...NICE BOOTLE MAYBE? or the price? i got it for 35euros....And of course the smell...it is clean - fresh -maybe sunscreeny? and a nice overal smell not overpowering...
I think i am happy with it for now.

I find Glow to be a very clean soapy fragrance. It smells just like a bar of soap with hints of orange and maybe a little rose. A little too clean and soapy for my tastes, but not a horrible perfume. I would never personally buy or wear this, but this may be nice on others who adore clean soapy scents. The staying power is amazing...this lasted a good 12 plus hours on my skin!

The only way I can describe this smell is "Ambitious Trailer Park." It's kinda trashy but it has hopes of one day being better than it is.

It has a hint of tobacco or cigarettes or SOMETHING in it that just...stinks. Then there's this overwhelming scent of flowers and soap. Someone below said it smells like cheap bathroom soap...and it kinda does. Not Hotel bathroom soap,it's the decorative ones that your grandmother keeps in her guest bathroom but doesn't like anyone to use....you know them: they are the soaps shaped like seashells or doves or anchors or whatever. When I wear Glow, I just feel like a tramp. (Sorry, Jenny from the Block. I don't wanna smell like I WALK the block). However, the bottle is simply beautiful. Elegantly designed.

Anyway, I loved it in high school, and Glow is probably a hit among middle-schoolers, high-schoolers, or other celebrity-obsessed cultures, but after I woke up, it smelled like a dollar store fragrance. If you want a singer's fragrance, try Curious.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have to disagree with one of the reviewers below, who seems to think the bad reviews for this cologne are simply because people don't like Jennifer Lopez. I have more faith in the reviewers here than that.....we are, I think, adult enough to seperate the fragrance from the woman herself and review it on its own merits. I don't particularly care for Ms. Lopez myself; never-the-less, I bought this cologne because I had tried it once and liked it. However, I ended up returning the bottle because, for whatever reason, after wearing it awhile it just didn't smell very good anymore. One reviewer said it had a "cheap" smell to it, and I agree. That's how it ended up smelling on me, like some kind of cheap soap. Yuch!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

My daughter bought this for herself unsniffed. We both dislike it. Horrid stuff.