J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.5

on 9/18/2011 4:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Through the years that I've tried this, my opinions have definitely changed -- most drastically in the last two days. Before, I had samples laying around and would put them on just to finish them off after a shower. It smelled okay; soft and pleasant, but not altogether mind-blowing. Then the other night and I decided to try it on my arm before bed [this is in another attempt to finish off my samples] and found it very, very likeable - soft, inoffensive, romantic? And in a weird way, it DID seem to 'glow' - though I wonder how much of that was just the name. A nice scent, to be sure, and I was even considering buying a bottle! And then I tried it again and -- all I smell is clean, pleasant but unremarkable soapiness. How did the soap not scream out to me before? It's not altogether bad, but I can think of many better scents I would rather shower with. This smells like cheap liquid handsoap with a musky base in the effort to smell expensive. [Fail] Even as a teenager, I would not have been caught wearing this.

Edit Dec. 12, 2011:
This is disgusting. I don't know what I was thinking, but every time I pass it now, I gag. So soapy, so generic. If you want to smell like a fourteen year old with no sense of smell, go nuts. [No offense to young teenies, much love guys <3] I know I will make sure my kids step out of the house smelling delicious and not ...trashy. This smells like something someone would use to cover up the smell of booze and cigarettes. And of course, fail miserably.

on 2/16/2010 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is my favorite Perfum, I've gone through four bottles of it. The smell reminds me a lot of soap, you must know I don't like perfumes that smell sweet or flowery fresh. The best thing about it is, it's an eau de toilette and normaly I don't like eau de toilettes because after 30min the scent is gone but with Glow the smell lingers on you for the whole day.

on 4/8/2009 11:31:00 AM

This is the first perfume I got, I was 13 and really wanted it for reasons I can't fathom.
I wore it to school almost everyday, I think the 100ml lasted about 2-3 years sparingly. I can't go near it now because all fragrances make me think sentimentally, and this just reminds me of science gcse in 2005 when I tried really hard to impress someone... cringeworthy.
I went on holiday the same year in Spain and one night some older boys said to myself and a friend was "You're not wearing that Glow thing are you, everyone does and it's really overpowering!" So there I was being told to buy Lacoste Touch Of Pink by a chav, stopped using it after that.
End of. I loved the charm on the bottle though and put it on my keyrings!

I'm not very picky with perfumes, I think most of them smell at least good enough to be wearable but this one smells like cheap soap and old lady. This is honestly the most disgusting fragrance I have ever tried. Ever.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Tried this perfume in miniature size . One word stinks .
Nothing great to rave about this either .
Wouldn't repurchase it .

on 8/3/2008 6:48:00 PM

This was interesting, at first-- but definitely a bit too powerful for me. Maybe good for a special occasion.. just don't overdo it because a little goes a long way with this stuff. Very strong!

on 5/10/2008 5:22:00 PM

Although it came out already years ago, I sniffed it lately. And it's so bad! I couldn't find anything good about it. The bottle is quite cute. But that's all.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

ick... do not like this smell I was excited to go smell it when it first came out i just do not like it , it smelt like cheap dollar store perfume.... cute bottle though

on 12/16/2007 11:01:00 PM

This is a really pretty perfume. I actually consider it very 'clean smelling' and non offensive, so I'm pretty surprised at all the negative reviews. The scent is floral with a clean soft musk drydown. I understand why JLo describes her inspiration as a fresh shower. As with all scents, spray it and wear it around to get the true experience. I've gotton lots of compliments. I ran out but will repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Very sexy, clean, warm scent. Perfect for those cold winter months when you need a scent with lasting power--not particularily appropriate for summer, since it can be overbaring.

Popular Fragrances