J. Lo Glow

2.6

on 1/6/2018 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

During wintertime,I'm more into gourmands and vanilla scents but as soon as spring arrives,I start to look for clean powdery scents and light musky florals
I was very late to the JLO Glow party and discovered it during last spring,but late better than never.I bought a 1oz of it for 14$ because I wasn't sure I‌'d like it but it showed up that I like it even more than my expectations.it's exactly what I was looking for and even more
First about it's appearance.I usually dislike frosted bottles but this tiny frosted bottle with it's bright peachy liquid and it's out dated charm looks pretty
As soon as I sprayed it,it seemed very familiar to my nose.there was something nostalgic in it.something light,delicate,angelic and motherly.don't get me wrong I don't mean it's a perfume for a specific age group,just that whenever I think about a sacred word like mother,I imagine such a scent (my mom usually smells like light blue or miss Dior edp so I don't know origin of this imagination)
On my skin glow is a musky floral with a hint of citrus freshness and a dash of powder.I'm not a citrus fan but I really enjoy it when this fresh, grapefruit thing in glow comes and goes.when I asked my man's idea about it he said:it smells like the most pretty-smelling soap one can ever use.for me,it's a very clean scent too but it doesn't strongly bring soap to mind.I prefer to describe it as a clean,fresh,feminine,Slightly soapy scent
Glow is definitely a floral scent but it doesn't feel overly floral or like a vase of flowers.orange flower,jasmine and rose appear in a soft, beautiful and special way.there's something a little cold in this babe which makes it great for hot days but be careful not to overspray as it may feel too cold,sharp or synthetic in a cleansing product way.
I love musk and I was hoping for lots of clean musk and it didn't disappoint.I see it as a clean,delicate and refreshing musky floral which seems light but actually radiates strongly when first applied and it's pretty dry down lingers as a skin scent for more than seven hours and believe me it's dry down is heavenly.still clean but musk has warmed up on skin and a touch of vanilla grounds cold,sharpness of florals so it has turned to a soft and not cold anymore powder which feels very intimate,inviting and sexy,far from cold refreshing soapy scent of first hour,but they're both gorgeous
At first it seemed strange for me to see lots of negative reviews as I see it as a safe perfume but now I've learned that it's a love or hate fragrance.still I suspect maybe in a lot of cases it was overdone or tried on clothes or paper,not on skin(in my case clothes smell like freshly washed and dried laundry and on paper smells very much like cleaning products but on skin,as it gets warm with body temperature,it blooms and blossoms to this divine powdery musky floral)
All in all I'm very happy with that blind buy.I love how it smells on me and I love to smell like this around home or when I go to sleep (I also like it for outdoor.it would be nice with casual and smart clothing,but I can't wear it outdoors right now as it's a quite cold wimter)
I also need to test eau de glow
Highly recommended to everyone.just keep in mind that don't overspray and give it time to settle down
Well done Jennifer.glow was my third Jlo perfume,I like still and live but I absolutely love glow.I need a larger bottle and another one for backup.unfortunately it's not easy to find here unlike still and live.glow is gonna be a stable in my wardrobe, I need to have a bottle of it always and forever

on 3/2/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Somehow reminds me of something I wore when I was young in the 70's maybe "loves baby soft". I think that's the appeal for me. Lasts long, good for everyday.

on 11/9/2013 10:21:00 AM

I have re-bought this probably seven times. I love it. So light and feminine. Everyone asks me what I'm wearing, and I get embarrassed to tell them. I get headaches from a lot of perfumes, or get tired of them. I've had all the expensive brands and never finish them. This is my go to. Smells like the body oil spring rain.

on 11/2/2013 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Deep Dark, Not Sure

This was a craze product when it came out.

JLo was at her prime and everybody was trying to get their hands on something with her name and curves on it. Whoever marketed this scent was a genius, because it was just the right timing, right bottle, right brand but it smells bad to me and I struggle through it every time. I love how it almost smells like baby powder but it has some weird undertones that makes me want to wish it dried faster.

I am sure many people love it, I just think it doesn't smell great

Well, I wore this when I was 17 and I loved it then, I grew a little and grew away from it, then about a week ago I had an itch to go out and buy it again! and I got a big bottle and I am in love all over again, very fresh, very clean and just lovely all around. It doesn't take much at all for it last all day on me! It smells like a high end fragrance to me nothing cheap about it! I love the bottle as well, it is so pretty. I appreciate jlo's taste in most fragrances for I think her and jessica simpson have the most input on what they want to make and I feel like that is important with a brand. I will never let you go again glow!

on 1/5/2013 1:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Kohl's. tester. Holy crap, I think people wanted to kill me on the spot after I testered this.

Well, "testered" is the wong word. You know when you're dicey about how something will smell, and you try to squirt a little *teeny* spritz on yourself and end up with a gigantic waterfall DOUCHE of smell all.over.your.wrist? You can't catch a whiff off the sprayer so you think you'll get you just an itty bit...and you end up somehow spraying half the bottle?

Yeah, I'm the dip that did that. And DAAAAAAMMMMMNNNNN, was it awful...

Straight up Nivea cream, no subtlety, no nuance, just BLAP! NIVEA!!! And God help me, because it was cheap-smelling and horrid, it CLUNG tenaciously, like that little teeny fart you think is harmelss but crop-dusts the entire store as you're trying to unobtrusively get away from it.

Even half an hour after I sprayed it - then scrubbed it with a baby wipe, then two - when I got into the checkout line, the checker wrinkled her nose slightly and asked me, "What is that perfume you're wearing? It's...interesting..." in that "Please tell me what that stench is that you're flaunting so I am sure to never buy that shit in my life!" tone that we all know.

I laughed and told her it wasn't interesting, it was NASTY and told her the name. Glad to know it wasn't my snob nose (I wear Skin Musk, I ain't no snob). Either chemistry or plain perfumery, this stuff is Nivea - laundry detergent - nose wrenching ickiness that, true to crummy perfumes, wouldn't wash the hell off. I finally took dish soap to it at home and it went away. It mellowed down but never changed, and I'm sure at least one woman in Kohl's or Macy's felt like slapping me. Test....with a tiny spray...if you can. (And petition Kohl's for tester strips, puh-leeease)

I bought this as a gift set yesterday at K-Mart I paid $10 for 1 oz and a tube of lotion. I was really excited to smell it, finally, because the Casual I used to love is so hard to find.I read that it smells like Casual and to my delight it smells exactly how I remember Casual. The price is good, it's much easier to find so I'm making this my new HG. Thank you so much, J Lo for Glow!!!!

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I purchased this when it first cane out. It was over $150 Australian Dollars! Think I paid 170 for it. This fragrance was advertised as fresh, sexy, clean'. It soooooo lives up to the name! Just got it yesterday at 22 bucks! This would be my 4th bottle since 2002 .Glow has such a gorgeous, floral scent. But not overpowering like some fragrances. I have had so many compliments about this perfume, and it truly does smell 'clean'. It's has that 'clean linen that has been in a spring breeze' kind of scent. Not flowery, but fresh. It's like light roses and crisp white linen, with that freshly laundered smell that proves that you've washed your clothes! It is an amazing: scent that lingers for hours after applying. My observations are that SJP Lovely is the close comparison. Both are sexy and clean scents in their own way.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I've had my bottle of glow 3.4oz for about 3 years I don't use it everyday it came with a full size lotion. I like this one it has a lot of lasting power and its unique,soapy,lightly sweet and shower fresh idk who wouldn't like this its worth the money because it lasts so no need to respray and the lotion can be worn without the fragrance its strong and lasting and a lot of my other fragrance lotions have turned watery especially elizabeth arden products but not glow it has its lotion consistancy and still smells good so its a good product. I look at quality and jlo may not be the best singer but her products kick butt in the fragrance industry lol!

on 9/18/2011 4:04:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Through the years that I've tried this, my opinions have definitely changed -- most drastically in the last two days. Before, I had samples laying around and would put them on just to finish them off after a shower. It smelled okay; soft and pleasant, but not altogether mind-blowing. Then the other night and I decided to try it on my arm before bed [this is in another attempt to finish off my samples] and found it very, very likeable - soft, inoffensive, romantic? And in a weird way, it DID seem to 'glow' - though I wonder how much of that was just the name. A nice scent, to be sure, and I was even considering buying a bottle! And then I tried it again and -- all I smell is clean, pleasant but unremarkable soapiness. How did the soap not scream out to me before? It's not altogether bad, but I can think of many better scents I would rather shower with. This smells like cheap liquid handsoap with a musky base in the effort to smell expensive. [Fail] Even as a teenager, I would not have been caught wearing this.

Edit Dec. 12, 2011:
This is disgusting. I don't know what I was thinking, but every time I pass it now, I gag. So soapy, so generic. If you want to smell like a fourteen year old with no sense of smell, go nuts. [No offense to young teenies, much love guys <3] I know I will make sure my kids step out of the house smelling delicious and not ...trashy. This smells like something someone would use to cover up the smell of booze and cigarettes. And of course, fail miserably.

Popular Fragrances