J. Lo Glow

J. Lo Glow

2.9

on 9/4/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Wonderful CLEAN skin scent ~ I realize this came out ages ago but I was searching for a soft neutral daytime fragrance and this is so underrated! I wanted a powdery fresh soapy scent and this J.Lo Glow definitely fits into that category. Upon the initial spray this is quite a dry sunscreen beachy kind of vibe at first - which I LOVE - and on the dry down it goes straight to a clean cotton fabric softener scent. If you like the CLEAN brand or Philosophy "Graces" type of fragrances try this one out as its still around and is a little less expensive than those.You can purchase the 3.4 oz for around $20. If you are sensitive to strong fragrances like I am this is quite neutral and doesn't overwhelm. I think its fantastic and has moderate longevity and I would definitely repurchase this!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I am personally very surprised at the low rating of JLo's Glow perfume on makeup alley. This baby is a cult favourite and has been a popular celebrity perfume on the market since 2002, however the scent is timeless and does not smell dated. Any age could wear this fragrance, though I do believe that women in their 20s and upwards are likely to be attracted to it. This scent is a very clean and floral scent, to me it smells like very expensive soap, with gorgeous tones of jasmine, orange blossom and rose. The flowers are not too strong or overbearing, they are gentle and bring a warmth to the soapiness of this perfume. This is definitely a skin scent, it doesn't have too much projection after the initial spray, but you can smell it on your own skin and hair, and if someone were to stand close to you or embrace you, they would be able to smell it too. This scent feels very intimate and personal, it is a gentle fragrance. This would be a perfect one to wear on an intimate date, or on a day where you want to feel fresh, clean and expensive. Honestly, it smells a lot more expensive than it actually is!! This perfume is definitely a compliment getter. I highly recommend this perfume to anyone who likes florals, skin-scents and soapy/clean fragrances.

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Neroli, Orange Blossom.
Heart Notes: Tuberose, Jasmine, Rose.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Vanilla, Orris Root.

on 8/1/2016 9:41:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought this because it was on sale fairly cheap. It's a bit too soapy smelling to me, not sophisticated (not that I always like sophisticated) but this is just too much generic "soap" and nothing else. It seems to last a long time so if you like it that's a definite plus. The bottle is okay I guess, price was decent but this is just not for me. Would not repurchase.

on 7/12/2016 11:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is a fragrance I've been wearing on and off again since its initial release in 2002.

When it's on: the fragrance is lightly sweet, powdery, delicate flowers, with a touch of something like sunscreen, sand, beach, waves, and sandalwood. I wear this almost exclusively in the warmer months and get frequent compliments on it. The longevity and silage are medium, which means I can wear it very lightly to keep the scent closer to my skin instead of obtrusively blasting any room with my fragrance and it's not entirely necessary to reapply throughout the day. It's a rather simple fragrance, but clean and enjoyable nevertheless.

When it's off: boy is it off. Somehow that undertone of sunscreen and beach morphs into bug repellent and chemicals. The scent turns heavy and cloying and oddly musky. I'd normally think this would be a sign of a bottle that's gone off, but I've gone off and on again with the exact same bottle a number of times, so it can't be that. Perhaps this perfume is highly reactive to body chemistry or other scented products one might use? I have no idea. As many times as I've gone off of it is as many times as I've come back round again. A total mystery!

I would still recommend this fragrance, maybe check it out a few times before purchasing or give it a chance on different occasions to see how it works. When it smells nice, it really is a great everyday fragrance.

on 8/6/2014 2:50:00 AM

I LOVE this fragrance. It doesn't really last that long, but it's a nice every day perfume to wear. The bottle is cute and covered in bling too :) This is my favourite go-to everyday perfume.

on 6/13/2014 10:20:00 PM

I'm stunned that this is a controversial fragrance in any way. It smells pristine beyond measure-- like Dove soap with a sprinking of bubbly pink grapefruit and tea roses. Clean, fresh, delicate and absolutely lacking in sweetness, funk, or heaviness of any kind. (That said, the EDT wears more like an EDP and this stuff can give headaches if overapplied, as could just about anything.) It's an uplifting spritz after a shower, and continues to surround the wearer in fresh soapy musk for hours. A good pick for summer. I always get compliments on it.

The only think I can think of is that this isn't fruity or caramelly at all, and that is what most folks expect out of a celebu-scent these days. JLo broke ground with this one, and even if it isn't terribly unique, it does hark back to the '70s (when she and I were both growing up, albeit with very different booties :)) when rosy, soapy scents (like Tea Rose and Coriandre) and musk oils were both in vogue. Not at all a dated scent, though. Just clean and lovely. Wish the bottle was prettier and less goofy, but I'll live.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a wonderful summer perfume with a long lasting fresh aura. I love to catch the slightest trail of this scent on a hot summer day. I feel white flowers and neroli especially and it makes it a nice day fragrance. I love staying power, sillage, non-offensive character and fantastic soapy nature of it. I would definitely recommend Glow.

Glow by JLo perfume is soapy and sunny.

on 1/31/2014 1:14:00 AM

YUCK. If you want to smell terrible, buy this. Smells like awful flowers.

on 9/27/2013 8:41:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I tried this one today at the store because it's a fragrance that people recommends if you're looking for a "clean" scent. My idea of "clean" is very fresh, kind of like your skin but better.
However on me it came out quite strong, very soapy, almost detergent like. Somehow my skin doensn't react well to white florals, so if you're the same, be careful if you want to blind buy this one.

Popular Fragrances