J. Lo Glow

Filtered by age: 19-24
J. Lo Glow

2.6

I am personally very surprised at the low rating of JLo's Glow perfume on makeup alley. This baby is a cult favourite and has been a popular celebrity perfume on the market since 2002, however the scent is timeless and does not smell dated. Any age could wear this fragrance, though I do believe that women in their 20s and upwards are likely to be attracted to it. This scent is a very clean and floral scent, to me it smells like very expensive soap, with gorgeous tones of jasmine, orange blossom and rose. The flowers are not too strong or overbearing, they are gentle and bring a warmth to the soapiness of this perfume. This is definitely a skin scent, it doesn't have too much projection after the initial spray, but you can smell it on your own skin and hair, and if someone were to stand close to you or embrace you, they would be able to smell it too. This scent feels very intimate and personal, it is a gentle fragrance. This would be a perfect one to wear on an intimate date, or on a day where you want to feel fresh, clean and expensive. Honestly, it smells a lot more expensive than it actually is!! This perfume is definitely a compliment getter. I highly recommend this perfume to anyone who likes florals, skin-scents and soapy/clean fragrances.

Top Notes: Grapefruit, Neroli, Orange Blossom.
Heart Notes: Tuberose, Jasmine, Rose.
Base Notes: Sandalwood, Amber, Musk, Vanilla, Orris Root.

on 12/17/2014 12:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've worn this perfume for years. (the clear liquid kind)
This was the first perfume I ever owned, the first time I smelled it, I was probably about 12 or 13 and my sister was wearing it and I loved it, so she bought me a gift set for christmas which included the regular size perfume, a smaller travel size and a lotion. I'm 21 years old and I've only worn this perfume, until about a year ago when I ran out and could no longer find it in stores. Luckily, since christmas is coming I finally found a bottle at walmart for $19.
I took it out of the box and gave myself a small spritz to make sure I still liked the smell and oh my god, nostalgia overload. I LOVE the smell of this so much. It's like heaven in a spray bottle. It's a very clean, crisp, and refreshing smell. It reminds me of christmas since that's the only time I can ever find it in stores.
Thankfully, upon purchasing this I found out that my local flea market sells the big bottles for $25. I will continue to buy this for as long as I can find it.
I always get compliments on it, and the smell lasts all day. My boyfriend always tells me how good I smell, and it's just a really nice confidence boost.
The ONLY thing about this product that I think could be a little better is the packaging. I love the look of the bottle, and the little JLO charm but I hate that the bottle is so sleek, because it doesn't hold very much. Oh well, at least it's cheap.
definitely a great purchase if you're looking for a cheap perfume that smells elegant, and not to overpowering.

Edit: I'm not sure why a lot of the people reviewing this are hating on Jlo, she's a very successful woman and I admire her completely. She's an amazing actress, and although she could put her music career to much better use, she is still very talented. Not to mention, she still looks amazing for her age.

on 5/15/2014 1:47:00 PM

This was my first perfume ever and it's just a go to. It's clean, fresh, musky, and close to the skin fragrance. Men love it.

Glow by JLo perfume is soapy and sunny.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

JLo Glow is a refreshing, light, delicate floral that's become a frequent flier in my perfume wardrobe. It is a nice change from oriental, fruity-floral, and chypre scents, possessing the same soapy-shower-clean vibe as Lauder's Pleasures or Lancome's Miracle. But it is not stridently soapy or astringent in the least. The pink grapefruit and orange blossom give the right amount of sharpness in the opening, and they quickly mellow to reveal roses, lilies, and soft spring rain. I agree with those who note similarities between Glow and "China Rain" fragrance oils. There's definitely a white-musk base going on here. I don't smell the sandalwood or vanilla at all. It's just easy to wear, whether I'm dressed up or down, and it suits my chemistry very well. One caveat, do NOT over-apply! This wears more like an EDP than an EDT-- two to three sprays is plenty, and you'll get all-day wear. More than that, and you'll get all-day migraines.

This is my go-to everyday scent. It has a certain mildness to it that reminds me of fabric softener and it wears extremely long too. I like to spray it on my scarves, pillows, stuffed animals, etc. as it lasts for more than 2-3 days. This is the only time I'll probably ever say this but nice job, J.Lo!

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

I actually love this perfume, I don't know if it's because I just love very sweet things in general that influences it, but I love the musky and sweetness of it. Though many people I know don't like the smell of it whenever I put it on myself they were surprised to find out it was glo as they didn't like it. I guess it depends because everything doesn't smell the same on every person.

Overall rating- 5 lippies.

Price- 5 lippies. I am sorry but this is expensive, at least in Sweden. For a 30 ml EDT, it kinda burns a hole in your pocket if you're on a student budget.

Packaging quality- 4 lippies. This is what CK one's packaging would look if it were 'a girly girl' :) i like the frosted glass, and the shape, but i hate the tacky J.Lo chain. ripped it off asap.

would i buy it- hell yes.

I love this scent because it smells like lilies, as in lily of the valley. plain and simple.

it's clean, demure, fresh yet floral in a 'strong' way, not overpowering at all. it doesn't smell like 'old lady' flowers, strong roses or patchouli. not to mention this fragrance is the first celebrity fragrance I've tested that doesn't smell like shampoo, bubblegum or blueberry juice leftovers.

J.Lo really surprised me, more than i managed to surprise myself taking into account this fragrance has been around since the early 2000's and i never even bothered to sniff it- due to the aforementioned celebrity fragrance prejudice. silly me.

No celebrity fragrance will be as special and classy as this one. you can swing it for anything for that matter, since it doesn't have that pungent, sugary scent of anything 'famous' that's currently available on the market. Victoria Beckham, Kate Moss, Britney, Paris, Christina, Jessica, Eva Longoria, whatever else you can think of, they ALL either smell bad or identical, sometimes both. not this one. however, all of the other Glow versions smell EXACTLY like Paris' perfumes...or anyone else's for that matter. they smell like fading patchouli (LA Glow), shampoo and flowers (Miami Glow) and something indescribable (Night Glow or after dark or something like that). eew.

i'm not good at describing scents but the first note i felt was a fresh, clean (almost 'cold') laundry scent, immediately followed by an orchestra of white- lily of the valley, that is. with a tiny tiny hint of honey, i'd say, but it can be felt only hours after the application, and at close sniff- so i'd say this would be the bottom note.

I will continue purchasing this because, funnily enough, i haven't found anything on the market, not even high-end, to have the lily of the valley perfume. maybe it's just me, but i love the scent and i think it can be a successful daytime scent as well as a classy yet sexy (very youthful...) nighttime scent. if you don't wanna splurge on some high-end fragrance yet want something that's worth the $, go for this one, ladies.

and no, i definitely do not think it smells like laundry detergent or Dove soap. but well, we're all different so i can't say i am the one who knows what this smells like. what i can be sure about is that this perfume deserves to be tested.

on 4/19/2011 3:34:00 PM

A nice, clean scent that is a good alternative to the very sweet scents out therer right now. It is a bit more classic (I don't get 'old lady', but then again, I'm not sure what people mean by this expression, seems a rather mean thing to say anyway) because it is powdery and has a rosy smell to it, but enough depth and lasts for a long time.

on 4/18/2011 5:38:00 PM

My personal favourite perfume. (And I'm not a J-Lo fan or even a pop fan at all) Very clean, floral, powdery scent but slightly musky. The scent stays for a long time. It still costs about $30 for a small bottle at Walmart, which is way too expensive for something that has been out for at least 6 years. I also really don't like the other versions in this line, just this one. I have a lot of scent/makeup/skin allergies and eczema and this kind doesn't bother me or my mother (she has psoriasis). That doesn't mean it's hypoallergenic by a long shot, but I was overjoyed to find something I'm not allergic to.

Popular Fragrances