J. Lo Glow

2.8

on 1/6/2018 7:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

During wintertime,I'm more into gourmands and vanilla scents but as soon as spring arrives,I start to look for clean powdery scents and light musky florals
I was very late to the JLO Glow party and discovered it during last spring,but late better than never.I bought a 1oz of it for 14$ because I wasn't sure I‌'d like it but it showed up that I like it even more than my expectations.it's exactly what I was looking for and even more
First about it's appearance.I usually dislike frosted bottles but this tiny frosted bottle with it's bright peachy liquid and it's out dated charm looks pretty
As soon as I sprayed it,it seemed very familiar to my nose.there was something nostalgic in it.something light,delicate,angelic and motherly.don't get me wrong I don't mean it's a perfume for a specific age group,just that whenever I think about a sacred word like mother,I imagine such a scent (my mom usually smells like light blue or miss Dior edp so I don't know origin of this imagination)
On my skin glow is a musky floral with a hint of citrus freshness and a dash of powder.I'm not a citrus fan but I really enjoy it when this fresh, grapefruit thing in glow comes and goes.when I asked my man's idea about it he said:it smells like the most pretty-smelling soap one can ever use.for me,it's a very clean scent too but it doesn't strongly bring soap to mind.I prefer to describe it as a clean,fresh,feminine,Slightly soapy scent
Glow is definitely a floral scent but it doesn't feel overly floral or like a vase of flowers.orange flower,jasmine and rose appear in a soft, beautiful and special way.there's something a little cold in this babe which makes it great for hot days but be careful not to overspray as it may feel too cold,sharp or synthetic in a cleansing product way.
I love musk and I was hoping for lots of clean musk and it didn't disappoint.I see it as a clean,delicate and refreshing musky floral which seems light but actually radiates strongly when first applied and it's pretty dry down lingers as a skin scent for more than seven hours and believe me it's dry down is heavenly.still clean but musk has warmed up on skin and a touch of vanilla grounds cold,sharpness of florals so it has turned to a soft and not cold anymore powder which feels very intimate,inviting and sexy,far from cold refreshing soapy scent of first hour,but they're both gorgeous
At first it seemed strange for me to see lots of negative reviews as I see it as a safe perfume but now I've learned that it's a love or hate fragrance.still I suspect maybe in a lot of cases it was overdone or tried on clothes or paper,not on skin(in my case clothes smell like freshly washed and dried laundry and on paper smells very much like cleaning products but on skin,as it gets warm with body temperature,it blooms and blossoms to this divine powdery musky floral)
All in all I'm very happy with that blind buy.I love how it smells on me and I love to smell like this around home or when I go to sleep (I also like it for outdoor.it would be nice with casual and smart clothing,but I can't wear it outdoors right now as it's a quite cold wimter)
I also need to test eau de glow
Highly recommended to everyone.just keep in mind that don't overspray and give it time to settle down
Well done Jennifer.glow was my third Jlo perfume,I like still and live but I absolutely love glow.I need a larger bottle and another one for backup.unfortunately it's not easy to find here unlike still and live.glow is gonna be a stable in my wardrobe, I need to have a bottle of it always and forever

on 9/4/2017 4:13:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Wonderful CLEAN skin scent ~ I realize this came out ages ago but I was searching for a soft neutral daytime fragrance and this is so underrated! I wanted a powdery fresh soapy scent and this J.Lo Glow definitely fits into that category. Upon the initial spray this is quite a dry sunscreen beachy kind of vibe at first - which I LOVE - and on the dry down it goes straight to a clean cotton fabric softener scent. If you like the CLEAN brand or Philosophy "Graces" type of fragrances try this one out as its still around and is a little less expensive than those.You can purchase the 3.4 oz for around $20. If you are sensitive to strong fragrances like I am this is quite neutral and doesn't overwhelm. I think its fantastic and has moderate longevity and I would definitely repurchase this!

on 3/2/2015 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Somehow reminds me of something I wore when I was young in the 70's maybe "loves baby soft". I think that's the appeal for me. Lasts long, good for everyday.

on 9/20/2014 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I just bought my second bottle of this. It's the perfect go-to scent for every day. So clean and fresh, and the price is right, too. Yeah, it smells somewhat of soap, but that's not a bad thing.

on 5/10/2013 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I love Glow! This is the only perfume I've ever worn at work that made a *male* coworker stop in his tracks and ask what it was.

He was passing through my work area -- stopped, looked around, asked what that perfume was -- and when I told him it was Glow by Jennifer Lopez, he said he had smelled the same thing on a cashier at Lowes Home Improvement and had asked her what it was, it smelled so good to him.

I can only wear Glow in hot weather, and it's perfect then -- hot, humid, sweaty, sultry summer weather. I never really liked it that much when it first came out, but then in hot hot weather, all of a sudden it was *perfect*. It just needed the hot weather to bloom. I have since tried wearing it at other times of the year -- early Fall, for example -- no, it doesn't work for me then.

This is definitely a your-skin-but-better scent. A warm, natural, clean, human skin scent -- soft, musky, and pretty. Blends and melds with natural skin's scent. Great stuff -- the drydown is fabulous in the hot weather, especially outdoors. I'll always have Glow in my collection.

Caution -- to me, Glow is strong stuff even though it's an EDT, and it lasts very well. I have to remind myself to spritz lightly, or Glow can be overwhelming IMHO, even though it's essentially a light fresh musk. Very good bang for your buck with this one.

ADDENDUM 7/10/15: I just received the 7/20 issue of US Weekly, and on page 4, there is a "What's In My Bag?" article featuring actress Leah Remini. She formerly played Kevin James' wife in the TV show "The King of Queens" and now has a family reality show on cable.

Leah, who is 45, says she carries a bottle ("not sample size") of J.Lo Glow in her bag, saying that she and Jennifer Lopez have been friends for 12 years, and when Leah spritzes Glow, people ask her, "What is that?!"

J.Lo supported Leah from the audience of "Dancing With The Stars" when Leah was a contestant (Fall 2014?) -- so it figures Leah would wear Glow. But it also sounds like she gets positive reactions from others.

on 1/6/2013 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is my go to perfume, especially during summer. My sister says I always smell juicy!
I wouldn't say it's a simple fragrance, as I find it surprisingly contradictory. It's fruity, fun, fresh and innocent on one hand, but on the other hand it also has a soft floral sensuality about it.
Glow is one of the few scents however that doesn't morph into something else on me, the dry down is almost the same as when I first put it on. I like the fact is lasts all day and the silage is quite spectacular.
I've been wearing Glow for years and I always receive compliments. I love it :D
Notes of orange, grapefruit, vanilla, musk, orris, jasmine, and iris.

on 2/5/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Perfumes are really hard to review, just because everyone has their own favorite smells. I also find that certain perfumes smell different on different people. For me, this perfume smells clean, and a tad musky. I love how the smell of it makes me feel...sexy. I get a lot of compliments from friends and strangers about the perfume, and usually get asked what I'm wearing. So for me, this is my all time favorite perfume!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Ive bought this perfume multiple times since it first came out and i still love it. To me its a fresh, powdery and clean scent and i can smell the rose in it. Staying power is pretty good and compared to other perfumes the price isnt over the top.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

This is a unique, soft, clean, slighty sweet powdery scent... Gorgeous fragrance and beautiful bottle. This perfume has a long shelf life. If you like scents that are soft, sweet, and powdery, you'll love Glow. It's sexy that way.

on 8/14/2010 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

First, I don't want to be a celebrity. I could care less about that end of a fragrance, the composition is what it is. This fragrance is one that I go back to because it is very wearable, clean, and warm at the same time according to my skin chemistry. Being a crazy fragrance opportunist that I am, I have tried high end to uber low end scents, just for the experience.
This scent is the right amount of citrus, earthiness, and muskiness on me that I love to wear. It's because of all those scents wear close to my skin, that I enjoy it. Some reviewers equate this scent to baby powder and I don't get that, at all with this. Your skin chemistry either works or doesn't with a fragrance, and thankfully mine does seem to work well with this scent. The celebrity category is one that is highly unimaginative, generic, and almost always fruity, so this is within itself whether or not equated with a "Fly Girl" smells great without the celebrity genre attached.

Popular Fragrances